Ellison
    Haggan
    Stamer
    DiGiorgio
    Wire
    Manning
    Harrison

That's our linebacking crew!!!!!

Can we stop talking about drafting TEs, DTs, and WRs in the first and second rounds.

I know this is far fetched but let's pretend that Crowell get's hurt, which has never happened, do you like the current list of backups?!
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: Geez, do you poeple get it?!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    One more time:

Crowell
    Ellison
    Haggan
    Stamer
    DiGiorgio
    Wire
    Manning
    Harrison

Can we stop talking about drafting TEs, DTs, and WRs in the first and second rounds.

I know this is far fetched but let's pretend that Crowell get's hurt, which has never happened, do you like the current list of backups?!
    I fully agree that whether its Willis, Beason, Timmons or Poz, we need a 1st round caliber LB prospect in here. And arguably another one later in the day.

However, if we take a LB in round one, I have much less problem with a WR or TE in round 2, though CB or RB probably makes more sense.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Lamarr Woodley???

www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Do you get it? A legitimate pass catching TE would do wonders for our offenses' ability to sustain drives ie. keep the defense off the field. It would also do wonders in putting points on the board. The less the defense is on the field, the less exposed they get. And the less worn down they are come crunch time.

I've already stated this in other threads, but it wouldn't matter if we had Urlacher at MLB last year, like Fletch, he would have been making tackles 5-7 yards from the LOS too. It has to do with our front fours' inability to run clog, the guards and center get their hands on LBers and you know what happens from there...considering we see it all last season.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

One more time:

Crowell
          Ellison
          Haggan
          Stamer
          DiGiorgio
          Wire
          Manning
          Harrison

He was hurt last year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            He was hurt last year.
            I was being sarcastic.

Comment

• jamesiscool
              suck it fool.
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gr8slayer
              He was hurt last year.
              LOL i think it was sarcasm gr8.
              Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                I've already stated this in other threads, but it wouldn't matter if we had Urlacher at MLB last year, like Fletch, he would have been making tackles 5-7 yards from the LOS too.
                1) Have you ever watched Urlacher? Because if you have than you would realize how ridiculous that comment is. I watched him single handedly get a win for his team after being down to the Cardinals by 21 points last year.

2) Royal was signed to a pretty decent contract. The guy can play so we are not going to draft another TE. The D should have less time on the field based on the 120 million we spent on the improved O-line.

3) When you have a rookie and a slightly above average LB as your only two starters that's a much bigger hole than a TE who you asked to block more than catch last year.

Comment

• jmb1099
                  • Sep 2004

Starting a thread by saying don't you people get it is only going to lead to a lot of tos violations.
                  And for the record I do get it. LB is a need, as is te, as is a legit number 2 receiver, as is rb, as is blah blah blah

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

1) Have you ever watched Urlacher? Because if you have than you would realize how ridiculous that comment is. I watched him single handedly get a win for his team after being down to the Cardinals by 21 points last year.

2) Royal was signed to a pretty decent contract. The guy can play so we are not going to draft another TE. The D should have less time on the field based on the 120 million we spent on the improved O-line.

3) When you have a rookie and a slightly above average LB as your only two starters that's a much bigger hole than a TE who you asked to block more than catch last year.

1. It doesn't matter who your LB is, if OLineman are getting their hands on the LBers, they're not gonna be very effective. Why are players like Urlacher and Ray Lewis effective? Look at the the DL in front of them, how often do guards and centers get their hands on Urlacher or Lewis? Next to never. Our front 4 is terrible against the run, which leads to plays having to be 5-7 yards upfield.

2. It's good to see because we wasted a bunch of money on a guy who is no help to our offense we have to keep him. I enjoy his holding penalties, lack of hands and no grasp of where he is on the field though too...so we should just keep him for entertainment purposes right? Seriously though, he was brought in under the pretenses of helping our porous o-line, we fixed that, hopefully through FA. It's time to let this clown go and he can take Everett with him. If you think TE isn't a hole on this team, I don't know what to tell you.

3. I won't disagree that LB isn't a hole on this team. But there's a 2nd round to draft a LB, and a 3rd. I like Rufus Alexander in the third, a lot.

In closing, I'm not saying not to draft a LB. But to do so with the first pick and say we NEED to, is ludicrous. If Willis is off the board to SF, which I believe he will be, do we just take Beason and consider ourselves lucky? No. At least that's not the way it should be done.

We're a team with holes at LB, FB, TE, WR, CB...Any one of those positions could be addressed in round 1, outside of FB.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

McGee
                      Youboty
                      Thomas
                      Greer

Don't you get it?

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

My turn.
                        A. Thomas
                        F. Jackson
                        S. Williams

Geez, don't you people get it!

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

One more time:

Crowell
                          Ellison
                          Haggan
                          Stamer
                          DiGiorgio
                          Wire
                          Manning
                          Harrison

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          McGee
                          Youboty
                          Thomas
                          Greer

Don't you get it?
                          Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                          My turn.
                          A. Thomas
                          F. Jackson
                          S. Williams

Geez, don't you people get it!
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

OMG THE SKY IS INDEED FALLING. We only have a week until the regular season begins, there's no way on earth we will be ready for it with such little time to go. The draft is no longer right around the corner and all the FA's have been cut and accounted for.

We didn't even upgrade our OL this year. Damn you Marv.

Please god no! The season is too close!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

Saying we stay pat with our picks, u gotta go LB,RB, CB and maybe WR in that order unless AP drops then switch LB and RB, and that is gettin some much needed depth at those postions
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X