PDA

View Full Version : Turner trade unlikely according to agent...

bigbub2352
04-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Turner trade unlikely according to agent

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today

</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 9:23 AM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1246)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>TURNER AGENT SAYS TRADE UNLIKELY: RB Michael Turner's agent Bus Cook was quoted in the Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070417/SPORTS01/704170375/1027)as saying he doesn't believe his client will be traded. When asked specifically about Turner possibly being traded to Buffalo Cook told the Tennessean, "I don't think that is going to happen either. I don't know what is going to happen. Nothing is happening right now, though.''
I wouldn't be surprised if Chargers GM A.J. Smith is sticking to his guns of asking the Bills or Titans to overpay for Turner, because deep down he wants to keep Turner as insurance this year for LaDainian Tomlinson. LT has put a lot of miles on his tires the past two or three seasons.
---
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This news does not sound to encouraging, i think we will be goin with plan B when it comes to gettin our RB of the future...

Photo Guy WNY
04-17-2007, 10:28 AM
biggest steal in draft, jackie battle
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/fres/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/755512.jpeg

bigbub2352
04-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah i wouldnt mind picking him up in the 4th or even 6th round he has alot of entangibles, speed and size

don137
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I think if he gets traded it will be on April 28th after 2PM. I am sure there will be a few offers on that day. Teams want to wait until the see the cards they are dealt on draft day.

The Answer
04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Turner trade unlikely according to agent

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today

</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 9:23 AM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1246)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>TURNER AGENT SAYS TRADE UNLIKELY: RB Michael Turner's agent Bus Cook was quoted in the Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070417/SPORTS01/704170375/1027)as saying he doesn't believe his client will be traded. When asked specifically about Turner possibly being traded to Buffalo Cook told the Tennessean, "I don't think that is going to happen either. I don't know what is going to happen. Nothing is happening right now, though.''
I wouldn't be surprised if Chargers GM A.J. Smith is sticking to his guns of asking the Bills or Titans to overpay for Turner, because deep down he wants to keep Turner as insurance this year for LaDainian Tomlinson. LT has put a lot of miles on his tires the past two or three seasons.
---

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This news does not sound to encouraging, i think we will be goin with plan B when it comes to gettin our RB of the future...

Thanks for the great news - there will be no Turner The Burner jerseys in western NY after all.

~The Answer

~The Answer

billsburgh
04-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Smith is going to be so greedy this year in asking for too much that he will end up getting nothing for him next year when he walks away as an unrestricted free agent.

gr8slayer
04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm just kind of tired of hearing about Turner and have kind of gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore. Bring in a rookie in the first or second this year and split carries with him and Train.

The Answer
04-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm just kind of tired of hearing about Turner and have kind of gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore. Bring in a rookie in the first or second this year and split carries with him and Train.

What about your boy Marshawn Lynch?

Are you still on the bandwagon or what? :bandwagon

~The Answer

gr8slayer
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
What about your boy Marshawn Lynch?

Are you still on the bandwagon or what? :bandwagon

~The Answer
I would still love to have Lynch and I still think it would be the smartest move we could make at twelve, but somehow I just can't see it happening. He is a little too "ghetto" for Buffalo.

HAMMER
04-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Smith is going to be so greedy this year in asking for too much that he will end up getting nothing for him next year when he walks away as an unrestricted free agent.

He doesn't care if that happens, he wants to make a run at the Super Bowl and Turner can help them do that.

bigbub2352
04-17-2007, 11:06 AM
We will see how greedy he is when Turner is till a Charger in the 2nd round, i got a feeling that is what the Bills are hoping goes down

Romes
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
This just emphasizes the fact that the chargers have no need to trade Turner. Unfortunatley, they hold all the chips when it comes to turner.

RBI90
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
How is AJ Smith being greedy? He knows Turner's worth. He's a great insurance policy for LT. Aj has already said he'll be happy to keep Turner in San Diego and pay him 2.35 million. And when he leaves next year, the NFL will probably give the Chargers a 4th round compensatory pick which AJ is fine with as well. He's not being greedy, he's being smart.

HAMMER
04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Good article from todays SD paper.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canepa/20070417-9999-1s17canepa.html

Michael82
04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm calling AJ's bluff. I have no doubt that Michael Turner will be traded this offseason. It will either happen before or on draft day.

mikemac2001
04-17-2007, 12:22 PM
ya so no need to talk about this, draft day turner is gone

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Keeping Turner can't be a good thing for Turner IMO. If he sits behind LT and LT stays healthy all year, how can Turner jock for a huge contract next year especially with a draft that's suppose to be deep ?

HAMMER
04-17-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not calling AJ's bluff. I have no doubt that Michael Turner will be traded this offseason. It will either happen before or on draft day.

Do you mean you are calling his bluff?

billsburgh
04-17-2007, 12:40 PM
How is AJ Smith being greedy? He knows Turner's worth. He's a great insurance policy for LT. Aj has already said he'll be happy to keep Turner in San Diego and pay him 2.35 million. And when he leaves next year, the NFL will probably give the Chargers a 4th round compensatory pick which AJ is fine with as well. He's not being greedy, he's being smart.
that's an aweful exensive insurance policy then. Sacrificing higher draft picks in the future which will only help to keep your team in the upper echelon of the league for a one year back who most likely wont play much behind LT unless he is hurt. And if Turner is worth a 1st and a 3rd, why arent teams lining up to pay that? that's what Smith thinks he's worth, but in realty he isnt.

Michael82
04-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Do you mean you are calling his bluff?
yup.

HHURRICANE
04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
"I wouldn't be surprised if Chargers GM A.J. Smith is sticking to his guns of asking the Bills or Titans to overpay for Turner, because deep down he wants to keep Turner as insurance this year for LaDainian Tomlinson. LT has put a lot of miles on his tires the past two or three seasons."

OMG, really?! I guess after me posting the exact same thing for 2 months Chris Brown is coming up with the same conclusion.

Camelboy where are you?

patmoran2006
04-17-2007, 01:26 PM
i swear the more I'm hearing about Jackie Battle the more I want to draft him.

I'm talking more than Antonio Pittman, Brian Leonard and Kenny Irons kind of more.

Saratoga Slim
04-17-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah I've moved on too. It may very well still happen on draft day and if so I'll be thrilled. But I'm mentally assuming he's staying in San Diego at this point.

bigbub2352
04-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Battle is got all the tools to be an NFL back, just not much coverage i guess coming out of Houston, we will see how he pans out, i would defently take a shot at him in the 4th