PDA

View Full Version : What if... Who would you want???

alohabillsfan
04-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Lets say for the hell of it that Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis were available at 12. Who would you take???????? and what would you do with picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

Here is mine,

12 RB Peterson ( Won't miss ya Willis)
43 CB McCauley/ T. Jackson (By Nate)
74 TE Newton/Patrick (Another big target for JP)
92 LB Q. Black/Durant (Upgrade to the LB corps)
111 FB L. McClain (More protection for JP and AP's new lead Blocker!)
184 WR M. Trannon (redzone target)
222 QB TOBY KORRODI (Nall's competition)
239 Best Safety Avail.

patmoran2006
04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
dangerous

I agree I'd take AP at #12 first.

but you have to go best LB in round two over the best CB.. LB is FAR more important for this defense right now.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
waiting until 92 to draft an LB is guaranteeing a defensive disaster on the field. Our LB situation is desperate. We're one injury away from having two of the following four starting: Wire, Stamer, Haggan, DiGiorgio.

alohabillsfan
04-17-2007, 11:53 AM
waiting until 92 to draft an LB is guaranteeing a defensive disaster on the field. Our LB situation is desperate. We're one injury away from having two of the following four starting: Wire, Stamer, Haggan, DiGiorgio.

When did we switch to the 3-4?

We need a SLB or MLB depending on where the staff puts Crowell, Ellison is our current WSB.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 11:55 AM
When did we switch to the 3-4?

We need a SLB or MLB depending on where the staff puts Crowell, Ellison is our current WSB.

you need 3 LB's on the field. If either Ellison or Crowell got injured, that would mean we'd have two empty LB spots and the guys I mentioned would have to fill them.

We need to go LB as early as possible to have any shot at doing anything this season.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2007, 04:34 PM
waiting until 92 to draft an LB is guaranteeing a defensive disaster on the field.

Where was Ellison drafted?...Id take AP. You cant pass on that talent if he falls that far.

SquishDaFish
04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Peterson 1st. In 2nd best LB then either pik in 3rd best LB avail again with CB for the other pick. Then go BPA rest of the way.

Don't Panic
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
How can you turn down AP? I really want Willis, but if they're both there, it has to be AP.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Where was Ellison drafted?...Id take AP. You cant pass on that talent if he falls that far.

what if Quinn falls that far? Still think we shouldn't pass on the talent?

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2007, 05:53 PM
what if Quinn falls that far? Still think we shouldn't pass on the talent?

Do we have a gaping hole at QB? For AP to be there and have that much talent at such a need position for us, I dont see how you can pass.

kgun12
04-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Willis, RB's are a dime a dozen! :;

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Do we have a gaping hole at QB? For AP to be there and have that much talent at such a need position for us, I dont see how you can pass.

RB's are easy to find in the 2nd and 3rd round- LB's are not. We might not get a superstar RB but we can get one who will be productive while filling a glaring hole at LB with our best pick and hopefully with the best LB in the draft.

There's something about Peterson that scares me- I don't know if it's his injury or the fact that he relies so much on speed- I get the feeling he's gonna be the kind of player that has 1 or 2 monster seasons then disappears.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
True RBs are a dime a dozen. I think AP is the closest thing to a sure bet good player down the road. Not that I dont like Willis, just if the two were there id go AP. We need to have a running game that can keep the D off the field. Otherwise a worn down Willis is no good to us. If somehow we did get AP at 12 without havin to move, id love to see us somehow get back in the first to get Poz. Although it might be expensive and we could really use the picks.

casdhf
04-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I'd pass on Lynch, not on AP.

Even if he's in a complete free fall, I don't think he gets past Houston.

HHURRICANE
04-17-2007, 07:48 PM

Well one person understands where we are at. Let's OBD does as well.

ParanoidAndroid
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
I would take Willis.

If not, a LB would have to come much sooner than Black in the 3rd. Black has tons of upside and I would absolutely love the pick, as long as he didn't have to start this year.

Like I have said before, a cover 2 defense needs a beast at LB, and while Crowell is solid, I wouldn't put him up there with the Urlacher's, Thomas', or Briggs' of the league. Willis looks, to me, every bit as good a prospect as Vilma was.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
True RBs are a dime a dozen. I think AP is the closest thing to a sure bet good player down the road. Not that I dont like Willis, just if the two were there id go AP. We need to have a running game that can keep the D off the field. Otherwise a worn down Willis is no good to us. If somehow we did get AP at 12 without havin to move, id love to see us somehow get back in the first to get Poz. Although it might be expensive and we could really use the picks.

now i would definitely be on board with that. If Poz is still there in the low to mid 20's, I bet we could package a 2nd and a 3rd and move back in to get him.

tampabay25690
04-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Thats easy Peterson........

Would be CHRISTMAS if he was there at 12 but I see no chance of it, but u never know.....WILLIS would be great also and I wouldnt be upset if he was there and Peterson wasn't.

2nd round go after LB, Siler if he is there....

X-Era
04-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Lets say for the hell of it that Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis were available at 12. Who would you take???????? and what would you do with picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

Here is mine,

12 RB Peterson ( Won't miss ya Willis)
43 CB McCauley/ T. Jackson (By Nate)
74 TE Newton/Patrick (Another big target for JP)
92 LB Q. Black/Durant (Upgrade to the LB corps)
111 FB L. McClain (More protection for JP and AP's new lead Blocker!)
184 WR M. Trannon (redzone target)
222 QB TOBY KORRODI (Nall's competition)
239 Best Safety Avail.

Peterson
2) Siler
3) Alexander