• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

11 Days out - My Mock

Likey to change of course, but just the latest.

1. Patrick Willis, ILB
    Not much explanation needed, great prospect at the LB position. Exceptional against the run should team well with Crowell and Ellison.

2. Jason Hill, WR
    Want a vertical passing game.....you got it. Legit #2 WR opposite Evans. At almost 6'1 205 with 4.32 speed, Hill gives us another burner and another big time threat downfield.(Evans, Hill and Parrish....anyone wanna try and cover those 3?) Should fit in well with Fairchilds philosophy....and JP's arm.

3. Eric Weddle, S/CB
    Know what happened when Weddle played against Calvin Johnson as a CB? SHUTDOWN. Exceptional athlete with good size, team guy who can play any position in the secondary. A true football player who will very well could be gone round 2. Very experienced ST'er as well.

3. Tony Hunt, RB
    Big guy at almost 6'2 230, could be a very productive back in a RBC system, a change of pace back or even on his own. Big strong guy with amazing balance and exceptional durability I think Hunt ultimatley is a starter wherever he lands.

4. Earl Everett, LB
    Outstanding athleticism, solid against the pass, has the potential to eventually make a fine LB at the next level likely at the weakside. While he no doubt has the physical ability, needs work on speed and strength. Tons of upside if worked with properly.

6. Le'Ron McClain, FB
    Great blocker with solid size, not the fastest guy in the world but is one of the top at his position. Solid all round not great but good at most everything. Above average receiving.

7. Jared Zabransky, QB
    Gritty, gutty QB. 6'3 220 solid speed and athleticism with great intangibles I can totally see this guy becoming our "Reich". Gutsy QB he seems to always find a way to pull it out.

7. Quintin Echols, DT
    Excellent mass, very strong. Exceptional at shedding blocks, takes on multiple blockers.....very instinctive, pretty good athleticism for a guy his size. Not a great pass rusher but has a lot of upside and could develop into a situational run stopper or eventual starter.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: 11 Days out - My Mock

I love it!!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

I have a man crush on Zubrensky.

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

In my first attempt at a mock I have us taking Hill in the 3rd. I think I may like your draft better! Here's what I have so far...

1. John Beason, LB, Miami (I actually like Willis a little better here)
        2. Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State
        3a. Jason Hill, WR, Wash. State
        3b. Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware

It will probably change quite a bit between now and April 28th.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

Good job Devin. I might take Kenny Irons or Jackie Battle instead of Tony Hunt in the 3rd. but otherwise that looks like a very good draft. the Willis/Hill picks would be sweet.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
            Good job Devin. I might take Jackie Battle instead of Tony Hunt in the 4th as a big bruising back, as Battle has more speed. but otherwise I'd be OK with that.

I might also be interested in taking a flyer on that tiny little RB from N. Illinois if he's there in the 7th round (garrett Anderson). he'd be a nice combo with battle/Hunt.
            Garrett Wolfe. I like him as well, wouldnt mind at all if we spent a 7th on him.

I wouldnt mind Battle in the 4th and maybe Durant with our second 3rd instead.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Devin
              Garrett Wolfe. I like him as well, wouldnt mind at all if we spent a 7th on him.

I wouldnt mind Battle in the 4th and maybe Durant with our second 3rd instead.

Agreed. Willis/Hill/Weddle/Durant/Battle/McLain/Zabransky/Wolfe would be a good draft.

A-Train, Jackie Battle and Garrett Wolfe would be a very interesting trio.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Cant see Weddle lasting till Round 3 but he's a steal if he does, overall a good mock
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

I like it. I'd also have no problem if the Bills went WR with their first pick and LB with the 2nd pick.

Jared Zabransky, QB, could be our Tom Brady.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Not bad at all. I guess I'm lukewarm on Hunt at RB. Despite his size, he's not as physical as one thinks. Plus he make A-Train look like a sprinter.

Brandon Jackson of Nebraska might be a better option. Not a blazer but a sharp cutter and far quicker to the hole.

Love your first 2 picks. Hill has been a favorite of mine for a long time. You could say goodbye to Peerless within the year if Hill is selected. He doesn't fear going over the middle and likes to score TD's.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                      I have a man crush on Zubrensky.
                      I defintely like him as a Day 2 gamble.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

and no more Juvenile Pimple-faced Douchebags.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          I like it. I'd also have no problem if the Bills went WR with their first pick and LB with the 2nd pick.

I wouldnt mind that either, Im just dont see a WR apart Johnson thats worth 12. But I agree if we traded down and picked up an extra second that would be a sweet move.

I went with Hill primarily because of his speed, but I think Bowe....Meachum or maybe even Gonzales would be solid picks.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                            • Mar 2003

I'd take several backs over Hunt, but other than that, nice work.
                            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Night Train
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              and no more Juvenile Pimple-faced Douchebags.
                              You're leaving ?

Comment

Working...
                              X