PDA

View Full Version : I thought Modrak was on his way out

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Must've been a rumor started by TD and His hommies ,the Gangsta ESPN Crew. Better Respect!

:huh:

Bills scouting dept assembled
April 17, 2007 Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:53 PM ET | Link

BILLS SCOUTS IN TOWN: Bills Assistant GM Tom Modrak and his scouting department began the process of putting together their final draft board Monday. Passing by a couple of the scouts in the hall they confirmed they're just getting started. The board should be finished by early to middle of next week. The room is under lock and key.

---
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Here's what the draft board looks(yeah i know a friend who's sister's friends cousin's brother knows one of the scouts)

1. AP at all cost

2. Marv takes his nap.

Devin
04-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I think they said after this draft hed be gone.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I think they said after this draft hed be gone.
Uh-Oh. I hope he doesn't fudge it up like Butler did before he bolted for the bolts. I'd pop a cap in Sancho's a$$ if he does me wrong. Fo real .

Devin
04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
:ill:

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2007, 09:25 AM
(yeah i know a friend who's sister's friends cousin's brother knows one of the scouts)
Oh yeah? Well my sister works with a guy whose nephew goes to school with the guy who is the neighbor of a girl who walks the dog of a NFL scout's mother-in-law. And she said they'll be shocking everyone once again by reaching for Kenny Irons at #12. ;)

patmoran2006
04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Uh-Oh. I hope he doesn't fudge it up like Butler did before he bolted for the bolts. I'd pop a cap in Sancho's a$$ if he does me wrong. Fo real .Dont worry about it because if the draft ends up sucking 3-4 years from now the homer crew will blame it on Modrak and not almighty Marv, saying Modrak was on his way out anyway and tanked it on purpose.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Dont worry about it because if the draft ends up sucking 3-4 years from now the homer crew will blame it on Modrak and not almighty Marv, saying Modrak was on his way out anyway and tanked it on purpose.
hopefully you won't be around BZ to see it because you'd be reunited with ICE on the other board.

:pray:

BTW, is that the sports analyst get together in your sig? I can see that wys, you and (is that ) The answer?

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Must've been a rumor started by TD and His hommies ,the Gangsta ESPN Crew. Better Respect!

BILLS SCOUTS IN TOWN: Bills Assistant GM Tom Modrak and his scouting department began the process of putting together their final draft board Monday. Passing by a couple of the scouts in the hall they confirmed they're just getting started. The board should be finished by early to middle of next week. The room is under lock and key.

---

Here's what the draft board looks(yeah i know a friend who's sister's friends cousin's brother knows one of the scouts)

1. AP at all cost

2. Marv takes his nap.

First, I don't know how these things work, but doesn't it seem like 10 days before the draft is a little late to be "just getting started"?

second, wouldn't the cousin's brother be another cousin? I think you're lying.

patmoran2006
04-18-2007, 09:39 AM
In all seriousness..

IF they plan on making POS the first pick they can save themselves the hours of research and scenarios, and just hand the pick to Roger Goodell right now and get started on round two..

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 09:40 AM
First, I don't know how these things work, but doesn't it seem like 10 days before the draft is a little late to be "just getting started"?. OMG the sky is falling. They screwed up last years draft by doing so.

second, wouldn't the cousin's brother be another cousin? I think you're lying.what do you expect? they're from Miami :shakeno:

Earthquake Enyart
04-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Modrak doesn't live in Buffalo. He's just visiting.

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 09:43 AM
OMG the sky is falling. They screwed up last years draft by doing so.

like I said, I don't know what the usual procedures are, but 7 rounds x 32 teams = 224 draft picks, plus all the borderline players who won't get drafted. You're talking about evaluating and ranking 300 or so players, figuring out who bets fits our needs, what we need to do to get them, and who are the next best options if those players are not available. That's a HUGE task for 10 days.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 09:49 AM
like I said, I don't know what the usual procedures are, but 7 rounds x 32 teams = 224 draft picks, plus all the borderline players who won't get drafted. You're talking about evaluating and ranking 300 or so players, figuring out who bets fits our needs, what we need to do to get them, and who are the next best options if those players are not available. That's a HUGE task for 10 days.

I'm sure they've already evaluated the players. 10 days seems like a lot for a dury discussion. Let's put it this way, how did they do last year when they grabbed Ellison , Simpson, Williams in the later rds?

Philagape
04-18-2007, 09:49 AM
In did say they're putting together their "final" draft board ... implying there have been previous boards, presumably with work put into them.

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Maybe the guy is kidding, or being sarcastic. Maybe he meant getting started in finalizing the board. Who knows. Stop looking for every excuse to jump off the damn bridge already. It's getting very very old.

casdhf
04-18-2007, 09:54 AM
It says final draft board ... I'm sure they have a general idea, but are just making one final list.

patmoran2006
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
hopefully you won't be around BZ to see it because you'd be reunited with ICE on the other board.

:pray:

BTW, is that the sports analyst get together in your sig? I can see that wys, you and (is that ) The answer?

Even if I dont like you.. I must admit that is pretty funny.. That was good.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Even if I dont like you.. I must admit that is pretty funny.. That was good.
You've always said you like me. :huh: . Did you just flip....

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Maybe the guy is kidding, or being sarcastic. Maybe he meant getting started in finalizing the board. Who knows. Stop looking for every excuse to jump off the damn bridge already. It's getting very very old.

you don't have to look for excuses to jump off the bridge with this team- they're pretty friggin obvious.

And excuse me for looking realistically at the amount of work that has to be done to prepare for the draft. The task is a little more daunting for the people who have millions of dollars at stake than it is for fans sitting behind a computer looking at stats and combine scores.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2007, 10:03 AM
First, I don't know how these things work, but doesn't it seem like 10 days before the draft is a little late to be "just getting started"?
It only seems that way because we've been beating the dead draft horse on this board for months. The Bills' scouts and other player evaluators have most likely been gathering every bit of info on every player in which they are even remotely interested - and trying to get everything as current as they can - before assembling their board.

They are professionals. We are a bunch of amateurs with internet access and strong opinions.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 10:06 AM
And excuse me for looking realistically at the amount of work that has to be done to prepare for the draft. The task is a little more daunting for the people who have millions of dollars at stake than it is for fans sitting behind a computer looking at stats and combine scores.

realistically for you. Not the experts. Since you obviously said you don't know how it works, then don't go telling us what it takes to draft players.

Kelly The Dog
04-18-2007, 10:09 AM
It's a relatively easy task as a scout or management to rank positions, like the top twenty linebackers one through twenty. It's an extremely difficult and arduous task to rate linebacker 5 versus running back 6 versus cornerback 7 on an overall draft board. That takes a lot of discussion between all parties, the scouts, GM, head coach, coordinator, position coaches and upper management. They all rate these guys differently, especially after the top ten or so.

Also, these scouts have been out talking to the players and doing testing and interviewing and film watching for the last few months. It's getting close to the draft and most of that stuff is already done, so they're bringing them all in together to put together the 1-400 or so list.

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 10:11 AM
It's a relatively easy task as a scout or management to rank positions, like the top ten linebackers one through twenty.

I don't know- ranking the top ten one through 20 sounds like it could get a little complicated.

Kelly The Dog
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I saw that and immediately fixed it but you were too quick. ;)

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know- ranking the top ten one through 20 sounds like it could get a little complicated.
to you! sheez OP, Marv ,Dick and Modrak have been doing these for years.

Let it go!

Jan Reimers
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Dont worry about it because if the draft ends up sucking 3-4 years from now the homer crew will blame it on Modrak and not almighty Marv, saying Modrak was on his way out anyway and tanked it on purpose.
I don't understand the sarcastic "almighty Marv" reference. He is a decent, dedicated, principled man, and certainly the greatest coach in Bills' history.

He also seems to me to be doing a very good job as GM in a tough situation. If you don't agree with all of his moves, or non-moves, fine. But I just don't get the derisive tone toward him.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 10:24 AM
relax Jan. Don't take him seriously. His posts are entertaining.

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
to you! sheez OP, Marv ,Dick and Modrak have been doing these for years.

Let it go!

apparently someone didn't get the joke. He said number the top 10 players 1-20.

How do you rank TEN players with TWENTY numbers? Lighten up.

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I saw that and immediately fixed it but you were too quick. ;)

well at least you had more of a sense of humor about it than justa :up:

raphael120
04-18-2007, 10:45 AM
again...bein a coach and being a GM are two different things...

ublinkwescore
04-18-2007, 11:08 AM

But having experience as a coach certainly can't be a bad thing (as long as you're doing it for the sport you coached).

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
well at least you had more of a sense of humor about it than justa :up:
I saw the mistake. I read his post .But nevertheless, you still B1tched about something you admitted to not knowing about. That's so :limp:

The Answer
04-18-2007, 11:31 AM

---

1. AP at all cost

2. Marv takes his nap.

Rest assured that Modrak's days in Buffalo are numbered - The Answer feels he should have been tossed weeks ago especially with the draft looming.

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
04-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Marv has 60+ years in football, at various levels and positions. He has worked for, or with, George Allen, Bill Polian and a number of other highly successful people. I can't think of a better background for a GM.

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 12:05 PM
I saw the mistake. I read his post .But nevertheless, you still B1tched about something you admitted to not knowing about. That's so :limp:

I didn't *****- I posed a question. But you have this preconceived notion of me always *****ing so you interpreted it as a *****.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I didn't *****- I posed a question. But you have this preconceived notion of me always *****ing so you interpreted it as a *****.
force of habit. I can't be blammed for that.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I dont think he's on his way out.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I dont think he's on his way out.
Switching handles and trying to play nice isn't gonna get you in the green

:negrep:

:jk:

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
LOL i aint playing nice. If I had my way EVERYBODY in the FO would be on their way out.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 12:46 PM
LOL i aint playing nice. If I had my way EVERYBODY in the FO would be on their way out.
I take back the :jk:

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I love marv to death.

I just think 81 years old is too old to be an effective GM in today's NFL, especially with the salary cap that marv himself says he knows very little about.. and I highly question how long he can be effective as GM in that old of an age .

That's not being disrespectful towards him, I'm just being honest.

I DO HOPE that Modrak is out after the draft, and that a good YOUNGER assistant GM is brought in for Marv to maybe groom for a year or two so that he can eventually take over and we dont have to start ALL over again.

As for the coaching staff, I love our offensive, defensive and ST coordinators, and I cant stand the HC.

Earthquake Enyart
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
I wonder if Harvey Johnson had a son? Or grandson?