• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Brandon Siler

I keep seeing Siler mentioned for our second-round pick. Based on the information below, I'm wondering why he would be a good pick for us.

Scouting reports:

He lacks ideal speed and athleticism for a linebacker and as a result, he doesn’t have great range. He lacks fluid hips and looks stiff in coverage. His lack of ball skills make him even more of a liability in coverage.

While he may be able to play strong side in the NFL, he may lack the ideal athleticism to play outside on a consistent basis. He doesn’t show the consistency in coverage to be counted on in space.

Is not an elite athlete...Timed speed, quickness and agility are only average...Not very explosive and lacks a burst...He does not have great range...Lacks fluid hips and struggles in coverage.

Has excellent speed, but looks sluggish with his feet when having to drop back in the zone as he doesn't always get good depth in his drops
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Siler doesn't inspire much confidence in his pass coverage. While he has the quickness and agility to run with the receivers, he doesn't show good footwork or ball skills.

Doesn't sound like a good fit for a Cover 2.

Also, Scout.com doesn't even have him in their top 100 overall. He's sixth among inside linebackers. On nfldraftcountdown.com, he's 74th overall. Other sites have him early-to-mid second round, but I'm talking about OUR second-round pick.

Great tackler and would be an asset against the run, but we need an every-down starter. Siler would be a liability on passing downs.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Brandon Siler

I personally think Harrison from Michigan would be a better pick, or Durant or the Kid from Brown University, Siler just doesn't do it for me
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

I couldn't understand it either! I would rather us take either Quincy Black, Rufus Alexander, or Zak DeOssie.
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Zak Deossie, i watched film on him he was an animal at brown, might be a little high for a 2nd round pick but he could be a 4 th steal
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

that's what I've been wondering about Siler. everything you read says coverage is his big weakness. For anyone worried about Poz, Siler's even more questionable in that regard (though admittedly we wouldn't be drafting Siler at #12).
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Hall of Football is owned and operated by The Sports Xchange (TSX) which has provided news, analysis and research for fans and professionals since 1987.

thats prolly best draft site i know of giving the real info about players this guy siler isnt bad at all. now i dont know enough about wanting him or not but he dont sound like a chump thats for sure

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
              I keep seeing Siler mentioned for our second-round pick. Based on the information below, I'm wondering why he would be a good pick for us.

Great tackler and would be an asset against the run, but we need an every-down starter. Siler would be a liability on passing downs.
              Keep looking out the window and behind you...Draftboy is likely stalking and ready to put a beating on you for dissing his boy, Siler.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Yeah, I know draftboy is high on him, but I think you can get a better player in the 2nd than to take a chance on Siler. Something about coming from that defense and being part of the system just doesn't appeal to me. Of course you could do worse.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

I like David Harris more than Siler.

I'm not sure why more people don't talk about David Harris more. His measurables at the combine were almost as good as Willis, who everyone goes ga-ga over. His 40 was a little slower than Willis, but his 10-yard split was the same and his 20-yard split was actually better than Willis. His short shuttle was better than Willis and he was a little bigger.

Not that measurables are everything, but Harris was a very productive player in the Big-10 is pretty much the equal to Willis athletically. Yet the perceptions seems at times that Willis is the second coming of Ray Lewis while Harris is hardly ever mentioned.

It seems to me you guys could do worse than Harris in the 2nd round.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=10569

thats prolly best draft site i know of giving the real info about players this guy siler isnt bad at all. now i dont know enough about wanting him or not but he dont sound like a chump thats for sure
                    The reviews of Siler on that site make him sound alot like London Fletcher in that he runs around blocks and is not overly physical.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Buffalo isn't going to wait until the second round to address LB. I dont think anyway

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                        I couldn't understand it either! I would rather us take either Quincy Black, Rufus Alexander, or Zak DeOssie.
                        I'm right there with you.... Siler does not fit our system, nor does Harris. Quincy Black would be a great late 3rd or 4th round pick if we don't go OLB earlier. So would Stephen Nicholas.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          Buffalo isn't going to wait until the second round to address LB. I dont think anyway
                          I don't think they should wait for the 2nd round.

Assuming they take a LB in the first, I wouldn't mind using a later pick (3rd or later) on Justin Durant, LB from Hampton as depth. From NFL.com's profile, he sounds like a very good prospect for the Cover-2, especially at WLB. It would be good to have someone competing with Eillison. That would leave us the 2nd and at minimum one third to add a RB and a CB.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                            I like David Harris more than Siler.

I'm not sure why more people don't talk about David Harris more. His measurables at the combine were almost as good as Willis, who everyone goes ga-ga over. His 40 was a little slower than Willis, but his 10-yard split was the same and his 20-yard split was actually better than Willis. His short shuttle was better than Willis and he was a little bigger.

Not that measurables are everything, but Harris was a very productive player in the Big-10 is pretty much the equal to Willis athletically. Yet the perceptions seems at times that Willis is the second coming of Ray Lewis while Harris is hardly ever mentioned.

It seems to me you guys could do worse than Harris in the 2nd round.
                            I think Harrison would be a good pick as well i completely agree with everyone being hung up on Willis's 40 time
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                            X