PDA

View Full Version : Some Bills News

patmoran2006
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I had a rather lengthy conversation with someone from the Bills ...... Not going to get into “why” because if you don’t already know you wouldn’t believe anyway.. But for those actually who do. Here is some what I consider interesting information worth sharing. Some is probably already public; some is not.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The Bills are in the process of making their final “draft board” over the weekend. Modrak is in town, as is Doug Majeski (Director College Scouting). Nothing has been official yet on their board but is expected to be by the end of the weekend. Obviously, this area of OBD is closely guarded.<o:p></o:p>

Here (to me anyway) is a major surprise. Don’t expect the Bills to move up or move down with their first round draft pick. Unless something “drastically changes” they are taking a linebacker with the first pick. That’s not really big news. But maybe this is. From what I was told, the person that is at the top of their linebacking board is NOT Patrick Willis. It’s also not Paul Posluszny either. SO come next Saturday, if Willis “slips” to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> at #12 and he’s not the pick, there may be a riot (started by me, but whatever). The person I’m told is at the top of their LB wish-list is actually Jon Beason. Yep, that means that at #12 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> may very well leave Willis on the board and take Beason. Apparently, Dick Jauron wasn’t joking when he said that Angelo Crowell is probably moving to middle linebacker. And I can’t tell you specifics on WHY Beason is ranked ahead of everyone else at LB, I’m just told that he is.<o:p></o:p>

Marv Levy hasn’t spoken to Gus Cook (Turner’s agent) since he visited <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> a couple of weeks ago. There is definitely no trade imminent as <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> would obviously want a long-term deal done with Turner before making any deal. Of course that could change but as of NOW there have been no contract negotiation at all.<o:p></o:p>

Marshawn Lynch is not ranked high on the Bills draft board at all, so I guess we can forget about drafting him (sigh). I don’t know WHERE he is ranked, I’m just told he’s not ranked high so apparently <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> isn’t even considering him in round one. They are taking Goodell's philosophy VERY seriously so if you've heard of characater flaws of a player coming out of school, don't expect Buffalo to look at him.<o:p></o:p>

Jim Overdorf is not a fan of Drew Rosenhaus and it all possible doesn’t want to have to negotiate anything with him. I guess behind the scenes (and I don’t know any specifics) but things got ugly regarding Willis McGahee and an extension before he was traded. If the FO sticks to not wanting to deal with Drew; then you can scratch these names off as draft possibilities: Greg Olsen, Lawrence Timmons, Drew Stanford, Jason Hill and Aundrae Allison.<o:p></o:p>

The Bills would be interested in Julius Jones should his name get thrown around on draft day. That’s all I could find out, no specifics—probably because there aren’t any. I am told that Jones trade talk is legit though. He’s entering the final year of his contract, and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> is high on Tyson Thomson as a backup to Marion Barber. I don’t remember, but I guess he broke his fibula early in the season against Philly last year (Grayer would know more about this)<o:p></o:p>

I asked about maybe a couple of prospects from smaller schools we may be considering that most people don’t know about and got two names: one was Ben Patrick (TE) and the other was a cornerback. To be honest, I don’t even remember the name of the CB, just remember it was a weird name. <o:p></o:p>

One thing about Patrick Willis that may or not piss some off, depending on if you’re a fan of his I guess. But don’t be locked on SF taking Willis first. I guess they really like Carriker (ahead of Jamaal Anderson too) and might take him. They like David Harris from <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Michigan</st1:place></st1:State> as a ILB in a 3-4 defense. And they got like 8 picks in the first four rounds and will move up for a WR in round two.<o:p></o:p>

AP is rated “very high” on our board and “every board around the league”. The Bills “would love to have a player of his abilities”, but expect him to be “long gone” before <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City></st1:place> picks first. Not even a mention of trading up was brought up. <o:p></o:p>

NO mention of this being Modrak’s last draft either. To be honest, I didn’t even ask about it, and Im sure that if I did I wouldn’t get a real answer anyway so the topic was just left alone. I’ll say though that I certainly didn’t get any impression that he’s about to be canned. If anything, I get the impression that he may be next in line after Marv to be the GM. But that’s PURE speculation on my part, so who the hell knows.<o:p></o:p>

Yuk: The Bills like Leon Hall (though this sounded like a very politically correct answer to a topic when I asked about him)<o:p></o:p>

Lastly a couple of non-Bills related things I was told. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> may take QB John Beck from BYU early in the draft……….. The Raiders and Lions both want to move down… <st1:City w:st="on">San Diego</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> both want to move up.. Expect Calvin Johnson to be the first player taken in the draft, a couple of teams are weary of taking Joe Thomas in the first four picks, and Brady Quinn could fall all the way to Miami, especially if Cleveland takes Adrian Peterson at number three. <o:p></o:p>

========================================================<o:p></o:p>
In a semi-related note. I’m not going to be posting from my Patmoran2006 often anymore. I’m going to be working on some “junior journalist” projects coming up soon, and I don’t want my real name associated with someone who fights with people on a football message board (through fault mainly of my own). I’m still going to post some news, articles and links to other stuff under it though. So nobody thinks I’m trying to pull a fast-one on them, I’m going to be commenting on the board under the name “neggie <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">nancy</st1:place></st1:City>” (fitting, huh). I love talking with some and bickering with others too much to not do that; just don’t want to do it under my actual NAME. BTW, there are media people who visit this board frequently; I can guarantee you that (if you didn’t already know) INCLUDING PR and Media people from the Buffalo Bills themselves. Don't think for 2 seconds they don't take the pulse of what fans are thinking and saying.

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2007, 10:58 AM
All hearsay. If OBD is that closely guarded, how is this info "leaking out"? It's no more credible info than any SI.com "experts". Yeah some Bills relations person knows all about who the other teams are going to draft...:rolleyes:

The Jon Beason thing was predicted by Mike Mayock, as I have posted a week ago.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=124418&highlight=Beason

Kelly The Dog
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm not making any judgments as to the validity of the report, or the source. I follow this board on a daily basis and read your posts. I do want to know one thing though, Pat.

Why?

You apparently/obviously have a source there. He knows you and why you are there. He knows you are a "junior journalist" and you post on a popular message board, and what he says is not just between friends or contemporaries. What POSSIBLE reason, in your mind, could he have for saying something akin to "unless something drastic happens, we are not trading up or down, we are taking a linebacker, it's not Willis or Poz, it's Beason."

That makes less than zero sense to me.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the update, Pat. Some interesting stuff.

raphael120
04-18-2007, 11:07 AM
well if thats true pat, i hope the media and bills people hear me when i say

NO BEASON AT 12!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke:

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
You apparently/obviously have a source there. He knows you and why you are there. He knows you are a "junior journalist" and you post on a popular message board, and what he says is not just between friends or contemporaries. What POSSIBLE reason, in your mind, could he have for saying something akin to "unless something drastic happens, we are not trading up or down, we are taking a linebacker, it's not Willis or Poz, it's Beason."

That's what I'm saying. For all we know he's being used as part of the posturing.

Ed
04-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Good stuff Pat. Thanks for the info. Sounds like there's more and more truth to the Beason rumors that started a couple weeks ago. I know Mayock ranked him higher then Willis, but I'll still be shocked if Willis is on the board at 12, which I feel more and more strongly that he will, and we pass on him to take Beason. Well at least I'll be happier with Beason then Poz.

Whatever happens though, this should at least be a very interesting draft.

Bulldog
04-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks Pat. I don't know how reliable ANY information is this time of year, but it's definately interesting.

raphael120
04-18-2007, 11:11 AM
That's what I'm saying. For all we know he's being used as part of the posturing.

i hope he is being a pawn of the mighty marv. go, clones, tell of the deception and lies! cuz u know we're really gonna get willis, trade picks back up into the first and get leon hall. haha...i dunno. i just see marv as doin more wheelin and dealin

patmoran2006
04-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm not making any judgments as to the validity of the report, or the source. I follow this board on a daily basis and read your posts. I do want to know one thing though, Pat.

Why?

1- the "junior journalist' remark is in response to Hammer's nickame for me. Which I love by the way.

2- I never said, in fact I made it quite clear in the first sentence, nothing was earthbreaking or shattering.

3- Conversations between a writer, reporter, even a fan and a media person is quite often how stories end up breaking.

4- I do have a couple of sources. Of course, not the extent that someone more known or who is a professional has. But every now and then I do find a thing or two out and it turns out to be accurate. There's also someone on this board, who's a REGULAR poster on here- whom I've worked with on a magazine level before. He wishes to remain anomynous. I on the other hand, have a self-admitted big mouth.

Miyagi- I am quite aware that anybody in media relations only "leak" what wants to be leaked. Again, I didnt advertise anything as an "exclusive" or ground breaking. Just relaying some details of a conversation.

As for Willis, I HOPE that anything from a conversation told to me was BS, because for the love of God I dont see how we wouldn't take Willis if he was on the board instead of Beason. What I did confirmed though for a fact is that Jauron really likes Angelo Crowell in the middle; which makes little sense to me personally as I thought he was becoming a great OLB before breaking his leg. I dont know.

Earthquake Enyart
04-18-2007, 11:16 AM
It doesn't really matter. I don't believe one word that comes out of ANYBODY'S mouth at OBD.

It's all a carefully orchestrated smokescreen by Marv.

Yasgur's Farm
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for sharing the insight PM.

HAMMER
04-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I predict if this is true that your source will get canned shortly. No one that values their job in a front office would provide fodder to an internet junior journalist. Least of all commenting on the fact that the Bills will stand pat and not move down, that would be beyond dumb.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 11:21 AM
thanks for the effort Pat.

Romes
04-18-2007, 11:24 AM
You may be a loud mouth and a negative nancy but you wouldn't make this stuff up, thanks for the effort, its much appreciated. :up:

Carlton Bailey
04-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Bus Cook, not Gus Cook.

Otherwise, thanks, Pat.

ddaryl
04-18-2007, 11:29 AM
whoever the Bills take I will look for the positives.

I trust the the people making decisions under Marv over any analyst, expert, or (pardon me while I LMAO), "junior journalist".

seriously what person would take a journalist seriously who posts under multiple usernames, and goes by neggie nancy.

Philagape
04-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I believe you, Pat :up:

I wouldn't go ballistic if we took Beason at 12. Trading down is always a risk, because you have to be absolutely certain that none of the teams that move ahead of you will take the guy you want. There are always surprises.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
whoever the Bills take I will look for the positives.

I trust the the people making decisions under Marv over any analyst, expert, or (pardon me while I LMAO), "junior journalist".

seriously what person would take a journalist seriously who posts under multiple usernames, and goes by neggie nancy.
Don't be hating on the name ;)

I didn't ask nor do I care if my info is "trusted". More than half of it I said right then and there something about some of the answers I DIDNT even like (like the Leon Hall stuff)... Its a week before the draft, trust nobody!

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Don't be hating on the name ;)

I didn't ask nor do I care if my info is "trusted". More than half of it I said right then and there something about some of the answers I DIDNT even like (like the Leon Hall stuff)... Its a week before the draft, trust nobody!
Hey pat why are you posting under another name?

don137
04-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I am sure there is some truth to what was said and I am sure some of it is posturing. It would not surprise me that the Bills have not talked numbers with Turner's agent. The Bills maybe feel they can get more bang for there buck taking someone in round 2 or 3 from a salary cap standpoint.
I believe Jauron and Marv are staright shooters. When they say something they mean it. When they say the like Crowell inside I am sure they mean it. Why mess with Crowell psyche by saying one thing and doing another. They lose credibility in the eyes of the players. That is also why I felt they would go Beason or another OLB. I just wish they would trade down with someone that really wants Willis if he was still available at 12 but with Carolina, ST. Louis and Pittsburgh all drafting right behind Buffalo they may not want to risk losing him so they will do the same thing they did with Whitner and get the man they want and not roll the dice.

madness
04-18-2007, 11:42 AM
I'd prefer Lawrence Timmons over Beason at #12 but I do understand about DR being his agent. The guy is a stud like Beason but is a year younger and is an excellent special teamer.

streetkings01
04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
You may be a loud mouth and a negative nancy but you wouldn't make this stuff up, thanks for the effort, its much appreciated. :up:It's not made up because Chris Brown and Mike Mayock already reported 75% of this stuff!

superbills
04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I am sure there is some truth to what was said and I am sure some of it is posturing. It would not surprise me that the Bills have not talked numbers with Turner's agent. The Bills maybe feel they can get more bang for there buck taking someone in round 2 or 3 from a salary cap standpoint.
I believe Jauron and Marv are staright shooters. When they say something they mean it. When they say the like Crowell inside I am sure they mean it. Why mess with Crowell psyche by saying one thing and doing another. They lose credibility in the eyes of the players. That is also why I felt they would go Beason or another OLB. I just wish they would trade down with someone that really wants Willis if he was still available at 12 but with Carolina, ST. Louis and Pittsburgh all drafting right behind Buffalo they may not want to risk losing him so they will do the same thing they did with Whitner and get the man they want and not roll the dice.

Yup. Marv proved last year that they will draft who they want regardless of their round position and will use the picks that they go in with. Marv isn't a riverboat gambler, wheeling and dealing to try and make a big splash. If they like Beason, rest assured he'll be a Bill with the 12th pick, regardless of who else might still be on the board. It's not best player available for Marv. It's best player for the Bills.

Romes
04-18-2007, 11:54 AM
It's not made up because Chris Brown and Mike Mayock already reported 75% of this stuff!

:calm:

I know. He said himself it wasn't "earth shattering" or anything. I beleive he did go down there to talk with people and I appreciated that he posted his conversations.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Why would you use your real name as your screen name in the first place?
I never imagined finding a bunch of people that I enjoyed communicating with; AND at the same time a bunch of people that I would always end up FIGHTING with.. to the point I would spend so much time on here. It's a good addiction I guess.

I originally came on the board a couple of years ago when I was writing full time to promote some articles and publications.. and then got hooked on the talk..and the banetering between homers and realists.. Found it fascinating.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Why would you use your real name as your screen name in the first place?
Why not? There would be a lot more civility and a more friendly atmosphere on these boards if people weren't hiding behind fake names.

Don't Panic
04-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I had a rather lengthy conversation with someone from the Bills ...... Not going to get into “why” because if you don’t already know you wouldn’t believe anyway.. But for those actually who do. Here is some what I consider interesting information worth sharing. Some is probably already public; some is not.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The person I’m told is at the top of their LB wish-list is actually Jon Beason. Yep, that means that at #12 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> may very well leave Willis on the board and take Beason. Apparently, Dick Jauron wasn’t joking when he said that Angelo Crowell is probably moving to middle linebacker. And I can’t tell you specifics on WHY Beason is ranked ahead of everyone else at LB, I’m just told that he is.<o:p></o:p>

Marv Levy hasn’t spoken to Gus Cook (Turner’s agent) since he visited <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> a couple of weeks ago. There is definitely no trade imminent as <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> would obviously want a long-term deal done with Turner before making any deal. Of course that could change but as of NOW there have been no contract negotiation at all.<o:p></o:p>

Jim Overdorf is not a fan of Drew Rosenhaus and it all possible doesn’t want to have to negotiate anything with him. I guess behind the scenes (and I don’t know any specifics) but things got ugly regarding Willis McGahee and an extension before he was traded. If the FO sticks to not wanting to deal with Drew; then you can scratch these names off as draft possibilities: Greg Olsen, Lawrence Timmons, Drew Stanford, Jason Hill and Aundrae Allison.<o:p></o:p>

The Bills would be interested in Julius Jones should his name get thrown around on draft day. That’s all I could find out, no specifics—probably because there aren’t any. I am told that Jones trade talk is legit though. He’s entering the final year of his contract, and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> is high on Tyson Thomson as a backup to Marion Barber. I don’t remember, but I guess he broke his fibula early in the season against Philly last year (Grayer would know more about this)<o:p></o:p>

I asked about maybe a couple of prospects from smaller schools we may be considering that most people don’t know about and got two names: one was Ben Patrick (TE) and the other was a cornerback. To be honest, I don’t even remember the name of the CB, just remember it was a weird name. <o:p></o:p>

Yuk: The Bills like Leon Hall (though this sounded like a very politically correct answer to a topic when I asked about him)I have been a Willis fan for quite a while and I have to admit, I wouldn't be crushed if the pick was Beason. If they think they have their man at MLB in Crowell then so be it... it is a vitally important position in this defense so I'd rather have them be sure about it. Beason is only a notch below Willis in my book, and he fits a mjor need. With all that said, I still hope its Willis.

We've pretty much known that if there was going to be a Turner deal it wasn't going to come til draft day. I just hope if we do deal for him, its only our 2nd that we give up.

No problem with the DR stuff... screw him and his clients.

Julius Jones would be worth a look, but it better not be for anything high. The BEST I would give for him is the Raven pick... no more. No extension either... let him play out the deal and see how it goes. If he flops, we go RB in the draft next year. (even if we did get him, I still like Leonard in the 2nd)

I was just looking at Patrick this morning and really liked what I saw. I'm not the biggest advocate of going TE with a day one pick, but I could think of worse things that could happen. I bet the CB was either Anthony Arline, Travarous Bain or Usama Young. All have funky names and come from lesser known schools. They would make sense as mid-round picks.

The Leon Hall talk would be a perfect smokescreen. I'll still bet anyone 500 ZBs that his name isn't called at #12 on draft day.

Good job Pat... even if it is fiction, its good to think about.

acehole
04-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I smell a rat on the Beason thing. Everyone was shocked when we took witner...it was very closely guarded...so all of sudden we (Bills) are projecting our intentions? I think we are talking up beason for one reason. The SD chargers. They are very high on him and want to move up to get him.....so we project our interest to fool them into trading up to our spot in exchange for turner of course...and we take BAP at that spot...a WR me thinks........

All hearsay. If OBD is that closely guarded, how is this info "leaking out"? It's no more credible info than any SI.com "experts". Yeah some Bills relations person knows all about who the other teams are going to draft...:rolleyes:

The Jon Beason thing was predicted by Mike Mayock, as I have posted a week ago.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=124418&highlight=Beason

Saratoga Slim
04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Pat - good stuff. Any news is better than no news at this point. whether or not the info from your conversation turns out to be true or alternatively, a smokescreen, it's interesting to hear the latest rumors.

P.S. Nancy didn't take long to get herself a "negative" rep

Michael82
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing, pat! :up:

I will say that the Beason stuff sounds like a smokescreen though and so does the fact that they won't trade up or down. Why would a team admit that this close to the draft?

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Pat - good stuff. Any news is better than no news at this point. whether or not the info from your conversation turns out to be true or alternatively, a smokescreen, it's interesting to hear the latest rumors.

P.S. Nancy didn't take long to get herself a "negative" rep
its a conspiracy

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Beason is a solid pick at 12, but it'd really hurt to see us pass on Willis for doing so. Trading for J Jones would be a solid move IMO if we are unable to get AP, Pittmann, or Chris Henry. Thanks for the news.

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Pat, interesting news.

For whatever it's worth, I have some information of my own. Please take it with a grain of salt. By no means am I saying this is 100% going to happen or anything, just some stuff I've heard. My father is a pretty connected guy with Western New York and that part of the country, and actually works closely with a friend of his in the Wall Street/financial world whose family is lifelong neighbors/friend with Ralph Wilson over in Michigan. A lot of the information (while not being groundbreaking by any means) matches up to what we've been hearing.

Beason is the top ranked linebacker the Bills are looking to draft. Posluszny is also well-regarded. Crowell is definitely being looked at as the MLB. If Peterson is there, that might shake things up, but he is expected to be gone in the top 5 picks.

Cieslak right now is the odds-on FB.

Look for a QB to be drafted on the second day.

Don't rule out a trade for Turner, although it won't happen until the last minute if it does. If Turner isn't traded, look for a 3rd round pick to possibly be traded for Julius Jones, and if that doesn't happen, we heard Pittman is regarded fairly well for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

DB will be drafted in the mid rounds probably.

Look for a WR to be taken fairly early as a complement to Evans and another weapon for Losman. We've heard Sidney Rice, and possibly trading up a bit if need to be to do so.

Jon

Saratoga Slim
04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Pat, interesting news.

For whatever it's worth, I have some information of my own. Please take it with a grain of salt. By no means am I saying this is 100% going to happen or anything, just some stuff I've heard. My father is a pretty connected guy with Western New York and that part of the country, and actually works closely with a friend of his in the Wall Street/financial world whose family is lifelong neighbors/friend with Ralph Wilson over in Michigan. A lot of the information (while not being groundbreaking by any means) matches up to what we've been hearing.

Beason is the top ranked linebacker the Bills are looking to draft. Posluszny is also well-regarded. Crowell is definitely being looked at as the MLB. If Peterson is there, that might shake things up, but he is expected to be gone in the top 5 picks.

Cieslak right now is the odds-on FB.

Look for a QB to be drafted on the second day.

Don't rule out a trade for Turner, although it won't happen until the last minute if it does. If Turner isn't traded, look for a 3rd round pick to possibly be traded for Julius Jones, and if that doesn't happen, we heard Pittman is regarded fairly well for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

DB will be drafted in the mid rounds probably.

Look for a WR to be taken fairly early as a complement to Evans and another weapon for Losman. We've heard Sidney Rice, and possibly trading up a bit if need to be to do so.

Jon

I like the sound of all that.

Beason, Sidney Rice, Julius Jones/Antonio Pittman and mid round CB would fill a whole lot of needs.

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I also heard a G is likely to be drafted somewhere...

Jon

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the info Pat :bf1:

kernowboy
04-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Beason could be boom or bust, Pos is less likely to be a star, but less likely a flop either - Pos is also slightly bigger, a bit faster (according to the combine times) and more versatile.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 03:09 PM
I love this post. It's pure specualtion from the guy who probably fixes the computers at OBD but it's still interesting.

If we take Beason than all my posts about taking Poz at #12 will look like compliments.

Beason is barely hanging on in the first round. Last I looked he sitting there when the Chargers draft. If Willis is there at #12 and we don't take him but opt for Poz or Beason it's going to be a lot of *****ing until September.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:11 PM
They have computers at OBD?
Maybe Ralph is with the times after all.

Relax Hurricane. We're not drafting Pos.. Beason is a BEAST perfect for this defense on the outside.

HAMMER
04-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I love this post. It's pure specualtion from the guy who probably fixes the computers at OBD but it's still interesting.

If we take Beason than all my posts about taking Poz at #12 will look like compliments.

Beason is barely hanging on in the first round. Last I looked he sitting there when the Chargers draft. If Willis is there at #12 and we don't take him but opt for Poz or Beason it's going to be a lot of *****ing until September.

Seems the Steelers are very high on Beason, they pick at 15 so.....

Coach Sal
04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
There was never any doubt in my mind since the end of last season that Crowell was moving inside.

Quite frankly, I'm a bit shocked that so many people didn't (or still don't) think it is going to happen, and that it is still being talked about as a "question" so much.

Unless something drastic happens, this is a done deal -- and it has been for months.

shelby
04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Pat, thanks for the info.

A point i would like to emphasize from what Pat said is that people in the Bills organization know of our message board, and i'm sure they read some of what is posted here. Please keep that in mind when y'all get off topic and start bickering and name calling in threads. The Bills forum should be held to a higher standard. We have other forums available for bickering and smack talking. Let's keep it football related in here, please.

i am going to split all the off-topic smack out of this thread and place it in the spam zone where it belongs.

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Pat, thanks for the info.

A point i would like to emphasize from what Pat said is that people in the Bills organization know of our message board, and i'm sure they read some of what is posted here. Please keep that in mind when y'all get off topic and start bickering and name calling in threads. The Bills forum should be held to a higher standard. We have other forums available for bickering and smack talking. Let's keep it football related in here, please.

i am going to split all the off-topic smack out of this thread and place it in the spam zone where it belongs.
Thank you, some of these people are getting old.

Ed
04-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Maybe the Beason info being leaked is just a smokescreen. Maybe they really do rate Willis higher, but are concerened about teams trading ahead of us since everyone knows we are desperate for some LB talent. Maybe by leaking that Beason is their guy, other teams will be less likely to try and move ahead of us???

At least if that's the case and someone does grab Willis before 12, the Bills can still say they got their guy.

Bill Brasky
04-18-2007, 06:03 PM
gee, i can't understand for the life of me why pat argues with a lot of you. he posts something and the first 2 replies immediately discredit his post as "hearsay"... pardon me, but the majority of junk posted on here lately is all hearsay since everybody is suddenly a draft expert.

would anybody really want julius jones here? i think the guy is a waste, we might be better with A-train.

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
gee, i can't understand for the life of me why pat argues with a lot of you. he posts something and the first 2 replies immediately discredit his post as "hearsay"... pardon me, but the majority of junk posted on here lately is all hearsay since everybody is suddenly a draft expert.

would anybody really want julius jones here? i think the guy is a waste, we might be better with A-train.
:bf1:

B-DON
04-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Julius Jones is far better than A-Train. Come on now man

Philagape
04-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I like JJ, but he's gotten hurt a lot. A tandem with A-Train might work