• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Some Bills News

I had a rather lengthy conversation with someone from the Bills ...... Not going to get into “why” because if you don’t already know you wouldn’t believe anyway.. But for those actually who do. Here is some what I consider interesting information worth sharing. Some is probably already public; some is not.
    • The Bills are in the process of making their final “draft board” over the weekend. Modrak is in town, as is Doug Majeski (Director College Scouting). Nothing has been official yet on their board but is expected to be by the end of the weekend. Obviously, this area of OBD is closely guarded.
    • Here (to me anyway) is a major surprise. Don’t expect the Bills to move up or move down with their first round draft pick. Unless something “drastically changes” they are taking a linebacker with the first pick. That’s not really big news. But maybe this is. From what I was told, the person that is at the top of their linebacking board is NOT Patrick Willis. It’s also not Paul Posluszny either. SO come next Saturday, if Willis “slips” to Buffalo at #12 and he’s not the pick, there may be a riot (started by me, but whatever). The person I’m told is at the top of their LB wish-list is actually Jon Beason. Yep, that means that at #12 Buffalo may very well leave Willis on the board and take Beason. Apparently, Dick Jauron wasn’t joking when he said that Angelo Crowell is probably moving to middle linebacker. And I can’t tell you specifics on WHY Beason is ranked ahead of everyone else at LB, I’m just told that he is.
    • Marv Levy hasn’t spoken to Gus Cook (Turner’s agent) since he visited Buffalo a couple of weeks ago. There is definitely no trade imminent as Buffalo would obviously want a long-term deal done with Turner before making any deal. Of course that could change but as of NOW there have been no contract negotiation at all.
    • Marshawn Lynch is not ranked high on the Bills draft board at all, so I guess we can forget about drafting him (sigh). I don’t know WHERE he is ranked, I’m just told he’s not ranked high so apparently Buffalo isn’t even considering him in round one. They are taking Goodell's philosophy VERY seriously so if you've heard of characater flaws of a player coming out of school, don't expect Buffalo to look at him.
    • Jim Overdorf is not a fan of Drew Rosenhaus and it all possible doesn’t want to have to negotiate anything with him. I guess behind the scenes (and I don’t know any specifics) but things got ugly regarding Willis McGahee and an extension before he was traded. If the FO sticks to not wanting to deal with Drew; then you can scratch these names off as draft possibilities: Greg Olsen, Lawrence Timmons, Drew Stanford, Jason Hill and Aundrae Allison.
    • The Bills would be interested in Julius Jones should his name get thrown around on draft day. That’s all I could find out, no specifics—probably because there aren’t any. I am told that Jones trade talk is legit though. He’s entering the final year of his contract, and Dallas is high on Tyson Thomson as a backup to Marion Barber. I don’t remember, but I guess he broke his fibula early in the season against Philly last year (Grayer would know more about this)
    • I asked about maybe a couple of prospects from smaller schools we may be considering that most people don’t know about and got two names: one was Ben Patrick (TE) and the other was a cornerback. To be honest, I don’t even remember the name of the CB, just remember it was a weird name.
    • One thing about Patrick Willis that may or not piss some off, depending on if you’re a fan of his I guess. But don’t be locked on SF taking Willis first. I guess they really like Carriker (ahead of Jamaal Anderson too) and might take him. They like David Harris from Michigan as a ILB in a 3-4 defense. And they got like 8 picks in the first four rounds and will move up for a WR in round two.
    • AP is rated “very high” on our board and “every board around the league”. The Bills “would love to have a player of his abilities”, but expect him to be “long gone” before Buffalo picks first. Not even a mention of trading up was brought up.
    • NO mention of this being Modrak’s last draft either. To be honest, I didn’t even ask about it, and Im sure that if I did I wouldn’t get a real answer anyway so the topic was just left alone. I’ll say though that I certainly didn’t get any impression that he’s about to be canned. If anything, I get the impression that he may be next in line after Marv to be the GM. But that’s PURE speculation on my part, so who the hell knows.
    • Yuk: The Bills like Leon Hall (though this sounded like a very politically correct answer to a topic when I asked about him)
    • Lastly a couple of non-Bills related things I was told. Miami may take QB John Beck from BYU early in the draft……….. The Raiders and Lions both want to move down… San Diego and Denver both want to move up.. Expect Calvin Johnson to be the first player taken in the draft, a couple of teams are weary of taking Joe Thomas in the first four picks, and Brady Quinn could fall all the way to Miami, especially if Cleveland takes Adrian Peterson at number three.
    • ========================================================

In a semi-related note. I’m not going to be posting from my Patmoran2006 often anymore. I’m going to be working on some “junior journalist” projects coming up soon, and I don’t want my real name associated with someone who fights with people on a football message board (through fault mainly of my own). I’m still going to post some news, articles and links to other stuff under it though. So nobody thinks I’m trying to pull a fast-one on them, I’m going to be commenting on the board under the name “neggie nancy” (fitting, huh). I love talking with some and bickering with others too much to not do that; just don’t want to do it under my actual NAME. BTW, there are media people who visit this board frequently; I can guarantee you that (if you didn’t already know) INCLUDING PR and Media people from the Buffalo Bills themselves. Don't think for 2 seconds they don't take the pulse of what fans are thinking and saying.
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 04-18-2007, 11:17 AM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Some Bills News

All hearsay. If OBD is that closely guarded, how is this info "leaking out"? It's no more credible info than any SI.com "experts". Yeah some Bills relations person knows all about who the other teams are going to draft...

The Jon Beason thing was predicted by Mike Mayock, as I have posted a week ago.

Is Jon Beason in the same league as Patrick Willis and Posluszny? I have not heard a lot of talk abouot Beason but Mike Mayock has rated him the best LB in this draft, over Patrick Willis even. How is Beason compared to Willis and Poz? Would you be happy/surprised if we take him in the first? Discuss.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
      • Jul 2002

I'm not making any judgments as to the validity of the report, or the source. I follow this board on a daily basis and read your posts. I do want to know one thing though, Pat.

Why?

You apparently/obviously have a source there. He knows you and why you are there. He knows you are a "junior journalist" and you post on a popular message board, and what he says is not just between friends or contemporaries. What POSSIBLE reason, in your mind, could he have for saying something akin to "unless something drastic happens, we are not trading up or down, we are taking a linebacker, it's not Willis or Poz, it's Beason."

That makes less than zero sense to me.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Thanks for the update, Pat. Some interesting stuff.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

well if thats true pat, i hope the media and bills people hear me when i say

NO BEASON AT 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
            You apparently/obviously have a source there. He knows you and why you are there. He knows you are a "junior journalist" and you post on a popular message board, and what he says is not just between friends or contemporaries. What POSSIBLE reason, in your mind, could he have for saying something akin to "unless something drastic happens, we are not trading up or down, we are taking a linebacker, it's not Willis or Poz, it's Beason."

That's what I'm saying. For all we know he's being used as part of the posturing.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Good stuff Pat. Thanks for the info. Sounds like there's more and more truth to the Beason rumors that started a couple weeks ago. I know Mayock ranked him higher then Willis, but I'll still be shocked if Willis is on the board at 12, which I feel more and more strongly that he will, and we pass on him to take Beason. Well at least I'll be happier with Beason then Poz.

Whatever happens though, this should at least be a very interesting draft.

Comment

• Bulldog
                Top Dog
                • Jan 2003

Thanks Pat. I don't know how reliable ANY information is this time of year, but it's definately interesting.
                I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  That's what I'm saying. For all we know he's being used as part of the posturing.

i hope he is being a pawn of the mighty marv. go, clones, tell of the deception and lies! cuz u know we're really gonna get willis, trade picks back up into the first and get leon hall. haha...i dunno. i just see marv as doin more wheelin and dealin

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
                    I'm not making any judgments as to the validity of the report, or the source. I follow this board on a daily basis and read your posts. I do want to know one thing though, Pat.

Why?

1- the "junior journalist' remark is in response to Hammer's nickame for me. Which I love by the way.

2- I never said, in fact I made it quite clear in the first sentence, nothing was earthbreaking or shattering.

3- Conversations between a writer, reporter, even a fan and a media person is quite often how stories end up breaking.

4- I do have a couple of sources. Of course, not the extent that someone more known or who is a professional has. But every now and then I do find a thing or two out and it turns out to be accurate. There's also someone on this board, who's a REGULAR poster on here- whom I've worked with on a magazine level before. He wishes to remain anomynous. I on the other hand, have a self-admitted big mouth.

Miyagi- I am quite aware that anybody in media relations only "leak" what wants to be leaked. Again, I didnt advertise anything as an "exclusive" or ground breaking. Just relaying some details of a conversation.

As for Willis, I HOPE that anything from a conversation told to me was BS, because for the love of God I dont see how we wouldn't take Willis if he was on the board instead of Beason. What I did confirmed though for a fact is that Jauron really likes Angelo Crowell in the middle; which makes little sense to me personally as I thought he was becoming a great OLB before breaking his leg. I dont know.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

It doesn't really matter. I don't believe one word that comes out of ANYBODY'S mouth at OBD.

It's all a carefully orchestrated smokescreen by Marv.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Thanks for sharing the insight PM.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

I predict if this is true that your source will get canned shortly. No one that values their job in a front office would provide fodder to an internet junior journalist. Least of all commenting on the fact that the Bills will stand pat and not move down, that would be beyond dumb.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

thanks for the effort Pat.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

You may be a loud mouth and a negative nancy but you wouldn't make this stuff up, thanks for the effort, its much appreciated.
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X