PDA

View Full Version : Levy: Trade For Turner Would Be A Surprise

bigbub2352
04-18-2007, 12:18 PM
The Bills have made little secret about their interest in San Diego restricted free agent running back Michael Turner, but seeing a trade consummated by the two clubs prior to the draft appears unlikely according to Buffalo GM Marv Levy.
"There's nothing new to report right now," said Levy Wednesday. "There are so many complexities to the deal that if it's done I've got to tell you it'd be a surprise."
Levy is no doubt referring to the fact that not only would the Bills and Chargers have to agree on compensation to orchestrate the trade of Turner, but Buffalo would also presumably need to have a long term contract agreement in place with Turner's agent for a trade to be completed.
When asked if the Bills would be willing to surrender their first round pick in this year's draft for Turner, Levy chose not to comment.
"We wouldn't disclose what our strategy would be or what would happen with it," said Levy. "It's more complex than what we would offer right now. There are so many factors in it that I'd prefer not to talk about all of them. Let me put it that way."

buffalobills.com

not looking to good!

OpIv37
04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I just got the text and was about to post the same thing.

Basically, I think it comes down to this: If someone the Chargers want is on the board when Tenn or Buff picks, something will happen on draft day. But nothing will happen before then and more than likely nothing will happen at all.

Saratoga Slim
04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I just got the text and was about to post the same thing.

Basically, I think it comes down to this: If someone the Chargers want is on the board when Tenn or Buff picks, something will happen on draft day. But nothing will happen before then and more than likely nothing will happen at all.
I think that's probably about right. But of course the closer we get to the draft, the less that anything coming from any GM's mouth should be listened to.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 12:44 PM
translation : Fred Jackson will be our featured back :ill:

bigbub2352
04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree with all 3 of u, i was thinking the same thing, and Justa i hope u r dead wrong LOL, i dont want to see Fred Jackson even make the roster, But this all could change come draft day and once we get thru the first round and nobody gave there pick up for him, we might be inclined to re offer our 2nd for him, or maybe our 2 3rds, which i would not be in favor of, i would however give a 3rd or a 2nd for him, but Julius Jones would be interesting for a 3rd as well he has almost as much upside as Turner and is more proven

Romes
04-18-2007, 12:50 PM
translation : Fred Jackson will be our featured back :hiclap:

fixed it for you :up:

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 12:52 PM
I think we'll get Julius Jones before we get Turner at this point.

bigbub2352
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
how are u negative already Neggie Nancy

SpanishBill
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM
The Bills have made little secret about their interest in San Diego restricted free agent running back Michael Turner, but seeing a trade consummated by the two clubs prior to the draft appears unlikely according to Buffalo GM Marv Levy.
"There's nothing new to report right now," said Levy Wednesday. "There are so many complexities to the deal that if it's done I've got to tell you it'd be a surprise."
Levy is no doubt referring to the fact that not only would the Bills and Chargers have to agree on compensation to orchestrate the trade of Turner, but Buffalo would also presumably need to have a long term contract agreement in place with Turner's agent for a trade to be completed.
When asked if the Bills would be willing to surrender their first round pick in this year's draft for Turner, Levy chose not to comment.
"We wouldn't disclose what our strategy would be or what would happen with it," said Levy. "It's more complex than what we would offer right now. There are so many factors in it that I'd prefer not to talk about all of them. Let me put it that way."

buffalobills.com

not looking to good!
Well, I think that sentence could go either way, so as many of you have stated 'do not believe a word out of anybody a week away from the draft' ;)
I do still think (or hope) that a trade for Turner can be made, but will probably be by draft day. I do believe (or hope) that if Patrick Willis falls to n. 12 San Diego will come calling to switch 1st rounds with us plus Turner (and maybe a 3rd from our part). Donnie Edwards is gone and just think about a front seven with Castillo, Williams, Olshansky, Phillips, Godfrey, Willis and Merryman. It's just insane!!!

Leaving our 3rd out of the equation, it's really a very good trade for us (just good if we have to throw a 3rd in the mix). We could still get a very good linebacker with SD's 1st and fill other needs with our 2nd and the two 3rds (or only one). Maybe another LB, a WR, a FB or a CB...

Obviously this dependes on SD's interest in Willis (and if he's still on the board), but I don't think the trade depends too much on Turner's contract. He had a couple of days to at least set the main parameters with Bills FO.

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I'd rather have JJ than turner anyways. Would Dallas pull the trigger for our 2nd straight up?

Jan Reimers
04-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't even talk to San Diego again if they're still looking for our first round pick.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 01:49 PM
how are u negative already Neggie Nancy
they're out to get to me.. More proof that its about who you are, not what you say.

But that's ok.. Getting Negged is kinda fun in a way, I'd probably be more worried if my color gets green.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't even talk to San Diego again if they're still looking for our first round pick.
Starting to think I agree with ya there.

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm to the point where I don't care.

ddaryl
04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm laughing at the gloom and doomers.

We'll have another RB in camp before we start the season. There are options. J Jones from Dallas would cost us less then a 3rd rd pick IMO, and would make for a good stop gap before the 2008 draft which will be rich in RB talent.

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm laughing at the gloom and doomers.

We'll have another RB in camp before we start the season. There are options. J Jones from Dallas would cost us less then a 3rd rd pick IMO, and would make for a good stop gap before the 2008 draft which will be rich in RB talent.
Word around here is they think they can get a second for him but surely that will drop at draft time.