PDA

View Full Version : Here my bills news from My credible source

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I had lunch at OBD and had some conversations with some people who are connected to the bills and here's that conversation. I just can't disclose my sources though.

On whether they'd be open to trading up if RB Adrian Peterson slipped

"We're always willing to move, but it takes two. Conversations are ongoing all the time. They're ongoing now and they'll heat up more as we go because all the teams are in the same situation. We're all polishing up our draft boards so people are in the same situation where they want to see what they can get and what they can give."

"The phones are ringing all the time and sometimes you get a call three minutes before it's your choice and you sometimes have to think about what is being offered. I'm not much for going out and making a deal, but if a deal comes and it sounds good then we might make one. We're not looking to be dealmakers, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't make one if a good one is proposed."

On what positions have the greatest depth in this year's draft

"Offensive line and receiver. People though go to the position where there's strength so the positions even out in terms of strength pretty quick. The 2003 draft was an example of that. It was a strong year for defensive linemen and about nine defensive linemen came off the board before we picked at 23. Everyone said we were going to take a defensive lineman, but all of a sudden that was not a position of strength. But offensive line certainly and I guess the other one is wide receiver. There are good people at other places."

more...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4711

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Geez.. at least quote the INTERESTING stuff...

On whether they need a true number two receiver to line up opposite Lee Evanshttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4711#)
Levy: "There is no position including wide receiver where we feel we're set. We have not closed the book on selecting a wide receiver. If the right one is there at the right time wherever that would be… the book is not closed on it. We have to improve a lot of areas to make it better. We hope we improved the offensive line protection so we can release a tight end more often into the pattern which would not allow the coverage to be so tight on some of the wideouts. All of those things do factor in."

On how Ashton Youbotyhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4711#)'s presence on the roster affects the urgency to add another cornerback
Levy: "It doesn't. We've liked the way the young man worked. We liked some of the signs we saw in him. We didn't get to look at him as much as we normally would a first year man because of the tragedy in his family and how it diverted him. It's a matter of competition and he won't affect us at all on who we would pick. We're not giving the position to anybody and we're not denying it to anybody. That being said we need some depth in the secondary, there is no question about it. Whether the depth is a new guy or a guy that is here we'll find out once they go to camp and start competing."

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Geez.. at least quote the INTERESTING stuff...

I'm too tired from all the driving . :shakeno:

Scumbag College
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Even more interesting:

"On whether a fullback needs to be added with none on the roster

Levy: "The feeling among our coaching staff is that the style of play that we're going to function with and what we need we would go deeper at tight end and have them play in the fullback position when we're using a full backfield. So it isn't likely that we're going to go for a fullback, that's one thing I can mention."

On whether that means another tight end would be added

Levy: "We'll probably at least have another one in camp, but again some of your help comes from within. We're looking for improvement and development from a Kevin Everett and there were some good signs that are coaches felt Brad Cieslak showed. We think we can rely on some of their pass receiving skills more if we strengthen our offensive interior." "

No true FB on the roster? Didn't see that coming, I know the coaches are high on Cieslak.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:21 PM
levy's comments about Evans leads me to believe that we may be taking another WR on the first day of the draft, which would make me VERY happy..

I'm hoping now that via draft picks and/or trades, that 2 of our 4 day one people are offensive (RB and WR) while the other two are BOTH LB's.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:24 PM
One thing more intersting.... they served buffalo wings for lunch , MILD .

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:24 PM
levy's comments about Evans leads me to believe .
WTH? I didn't mention my sources' names . How did you know? :mad:

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
here's more from my source who's name I cannot disclose regarding what they think about AP and lynch...

With Peterson and Lynch expected to go 1-2 it's no surprise the Bills feel the same way as Asst. GM (BLEEP name, Sorry) confirmed as much Wednesday at the team's draft luncheon. As far as Peterson goes Modrak kept it short and sweet.

“Adrian Peterson is an ‘it’ man. He’s in that top group (of players overall).”

His comments on Lynch were a bit more extensive.

“Marshawn is a candidate to be a three down guy because he obviously has excellent run skills. He’s a strong runner, but he’s got movement with it. He’s just not a straight liner, he’s got pick and vision. He can hit big plays for you, but he’s got that talent. He catches the ball very well. Like almost every back in college they don’t ask guys to pass block a lot, especially the stars, but he does it when he’s called upon, he’ll just need refinement in that area. His talent level is good enough where he could be a three down player.”

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh great. Moran get's thanks for the effort of bringing in info from the janitor and I get none especially having driven 1 1/2 hrs.

Thanks cheapskates :mad:

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Ahhh... just as I reported an hour ago... no FB being taken, look for Cieslak to be moved permanently, maybe take another TE.

Jon

gil
04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, your source about Lynch must be wrong, our own intrepid journalist told us the Bills don't like him.

Not that I want the Bills to grab him unless he somehow falls to 43.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh great. Moran get's thanks for the effort of bringing in info from the janitor and I get none especially having driven 1 1/2 hrs.

Thanks cheapskates :mad:
hahahahaha

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Ahhh... just as I reported an hour ago... no FB being taken, look for Cieslak to be moved permanently, maybe take another TE.

Jon
STFU. My sources are richer than your dad.

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM

Oh yeah? Well my dad could beat your source up, so there!

Jon

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM
hahahahaha
laughed it up all you want. Those thanks are worthless now that Moran is dead and gone from BZ.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:45 PM
do you remember the ORIGINAL POST when Skooby first brought out that "rich friend" phrase?

I dont remember, but I THINK it had to do with us drafting Haloti Ngata last year.. I just remember reading the title and the first sentence and then pissing myself I was laughing so hard at that.

LOL.. skooby, skooby, skooby.

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh yeah? Well my dad could beat your source up, so there!

Jon

Your Dad would have to go through my sources six friends . Oh wait that's porter. Well an OL.

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
do you remember the ORIGINAL POST when Skooby first brought out that "rich friend" phrase?

Yes, he reached a perfect "10" on the Unintentional Comedy Scale...

Your Dad would have to go through my sources six friends . Oh wait that's porter. Well an OL.

I bet he's richer than your "sources' friends."

Jon

justasportsfan
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Very interesting

My source ON WILLIS:

Not surprisingly Bills Asst. GM (bleep) was asked about Patrick Willis, which many mock drafts have going to the Bills at 12. While he would not divulge the 40-time the Bills had on him (there is no one universal official 40 time) he did offer the following.

“He’s really fast. In his case his timed speed supports his ability to run on the field. He can run, he can get to the ball anywhere on the field. He’ll cover the field. Just by his numbers he makes a lot of plays which sometimes on defense can be deceiving, but in his case it’s not. He makes a lot of plays.”

I'm really having a tough time deciding who is more important for the Bills to have in round one, Willis or Marshawn Lynch. Of course that's assuming both are still on the board when Buffalo is on the clock. But if both are it will certainly be a good dilemma to have.

On leonard and many more :

“He'd be a hybrid guy for us. He can do a bunch of things for you. As a runner he’s probably a one back type of runner. You set him deep in one back and not have a fullback. As a fullback he’s more of a perimeter blocker rather than a smash mouth inside guy. He’s 226 pounds. He can catch the ball very well. He’s very bright, he can do a lot of things mentally for you. What he will give a team is when you look at him he’s a 45-man roster guy. You can dress him every Sunday because of his versatility.”

With the Bills not planning on adding a true fullback to the roster this year (choosing to have the tight ends line up as H-backs when needed) I still think Leonard could be a fit here. I think Fairchild's offense is going to be almost exclusively a one back look this year, which works for Leonard. And as far as character goes this kid is off the charts.

---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 04:08 PM
The should have renamed the article "HHurricane was right!"

1) No new fulllback.

2) No new TE (if you can't read between the lines)

3) LB, LB, LB!! See, even they think Ellison and Crowell are just average.

4) Probably looking at WR and maybe some additonal corner depth.

Interesting that RB wasn't mentioned more. Looks like the Bills are going with a veteran in either Julius Jones, Michael Turner or a Dillon/Brown signing.

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
The should have renamed the article "HHurricane was right!"

1) No new fulllback.

2) No new TE (if you can't read between the lines)

3) LB, LB, LB!! See, even they think Ellison and Crowell are just average.

4) Probably looking at WR and maybe some additonal corner depth.

Interesting that RB wasn't mentioned more. Looks like the Bills are going with a veteran in either Julius Jones, Michael Turner or a Dillon/Brown signing.
Actually, I think AP in a trade up, Lynch at 12, or Pittman in round 2 are all legit possibilities after Chris Brown's blog and this mysterious source's comments.

cordog
04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Actually, I think AP in a trade up, Lynch at 12, or Pittman in round 2 are all legit possibilities after Chris Brown's blog and this mysterious source's comments.

I agree. I think an AP trade up is a possibility if he gets past the Browns and Bucs. I don't know if the Bills want to give up the picks it would take to move up though especially with glaring holes at LB.

TigerJ
04-18-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm not expecting a trade up. If Peterson somehow falls into the Bills' lap, they'll draft him just as fast as it takes someone to bring the paper to the commissioner. Assuming Peterson is gone, I think the Bills will think Willis first and Lynch second. Lynch has pretty much answered any character issues, but Willis gets bonus points for overcoming the odds when everything seemed stacked against him from his childhood. He's productive on the field and has great measurables. It's tough to beat that trifecta.