PDA

View Full Version : In light of Julius Jones rumors

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:23 PM
how nice would it be if we were able to take LB with our first pick (Willis hopefully, Beason second)..

Then take a WR in round two that may slip a tad such as a Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Steve SMith or Jason Hill.

And then do the same trade that we gave McGahee to get Jones (third this year and next year).

I think that would be a very good day at OBD.

HAMMER
04-18-2007, 03:30 PM
No way should we give up both of those thirds for Jones. Just use one of them to draft the best available for our system.

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 03:45 PM
WE ARE NOT DRAFTING PATRICK WILLIS! Why does everyone keep bringing this up? This was never going to happen!

One third for Jones, maximum. He's not that good, to be frank, although he's better than what we've got.

Jon

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:47 PM
You see. I absolutely DISAGREE about Jones.

I think he's VERY good and a on team that would be more committed to him, I think he could be deadly.. Im talking 1300-1400 rushing yards deadly.

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
He's pretty good, I'm just saying I like someone like Michael Turner a lot more. I'd like to make the trade if we can't get Turner.

Jon

jamesiscool
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
No way should we give up both of those thirds for Jones. Just use one of them to draft the best available for our system.

I'd trade one for him then try and pick up a late rounder. maybe a jackie battle or sumthin along those lines with possibly a 4th. that would be a sick RBBC.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
WE ARE NOT DRAFTING PATRICK WILLIS! Why does everyone keep bringing this up? This was never going to happen!

One third for Jones, maximum. He's not that good, to be frank, although he's better than what we've got.

Jon

MUDFLAP HAS STATED THAT WE WILL NOT DRAFT PATRICK WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM

Why not?

The Answer
04-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Forget Julius Jones - and if we are going to give up two 3rd's than we need to make a move for Marion Barber The Third instead.

~The Answer

Mudflap1
04-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Why not?

Because Crowell is our middle linebacker. Willis can play outside, but isn't the best OLB available. Beason and/or Posluszny are, and Beason particularly fits the profile for smaller OLB that can use his speed for zone and attacks against the run. The Bills were never going to take an ILB.

Jon

HAMMER
04-18-2007, 04:31 PM
MUDFLAP HAS STATED THAT WE WILL NOT DRAFT PATRICK WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We see that.

JJamezz
04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
He's not that good

He's pretty good

:coocoo:

Sorry man, that just made me laugh

kernowboy
04-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Posluzny at SLB in R1, Leonard in R2, move up to get Gonzalez

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Anybody watch that Dallas playoff game vs Seattle last year? Jones is the only guy who showed up that game for the Boys'.

This guy can PLAY.. Put him on a team and let him be THE guy and just watch. Wherever he ends up I bet he has a huge year.

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
You see. I absolutely DISAGREE about Jones.

I think he's VERY good and a on team that would be more committed to him, I think he could be deadly.. Im talking 1300-1400 rushing yards deadly.
He's injured too much to be that deadly.

TigerJ
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Because Crowell is our middle linebacker. Willis can play outside, but isn't the best OLB available. Beason and/or Posluszny are, and Beason particularly fits the profile for smaller OLB that can use his speed for zone and attacks against the run. The Bills were never going to take an ILB.

Jon

The Bills talked about moving Crowell to the middle because they had declined to re-sign Fletcher. I saw no indication it had anything to do with any thought that he isn't a very good and effective outside linebacker. I think Willis would give Buffalo a lot of flexibility. Any expert whose opinion I've seen things Willis would be very much at hom playing outside linebacker. He's certainly got the speed. I think Willis would give Perry Fewell some unusual options that could confuse offenses.

GarnOFreak
04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
define irony: Bills trade a second rounder to Dallas to obtain Losman. Julius Jones WAS that pick. If we get him back for anything less than a decently high 2nd rounder(around pick 45 I think) it would be good value. (it would actually mean that instead of giving up our second to dallas that year we only give up the pick we hypothetically give this year...prolly a third at best based on his productivity and 2nd-stringer-ness). Just FYI

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
how nice would it be if we were able to take LB with our first pick (Willis hopefully, Beason second)..

Then take a WR in round two that may slip a tad such as a Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Steve SMith or Jason Hill.

And then do the same trade that we gave McGahee to get Jones (third this year and next year).

I think that would be a very good day at OBD.
That would be an excellent day for us indeed. Throw in McCauley at CB with our other 3rd, and I'd be jumping on the playoff bandwagon. :up: