The Answer's official 'potential bust list' for the upcoming draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

The Answer's official 'potential bust list' for the upcoming draft.

The NFL draft is right around the corner and The Answer has been working overtime assembling his draft board, studying film, and evaluating talent. Even an omniscient football entity like The Answer realizes that scouting is an imperfect science - there are players that will be drafted in the 1st round this year that will look like they didn't deserve a roster spot on their old college teams, but conversely there will be players drafted in the later rounds that make you wonder how so many 'experts' didn't have them rated much higher. (i.e. Marques Colston - The Answer had him as rated as a late 3rd/Early 4th rounder and he went in the end of the 7th)

So in an effort to avoid drafting the next Akili Smith or Tim Couch, here is The Answer's list of potential busts:

1.) Paul 'Poz' Posluszny - LB - Penn State

A majority of NFL draft experts around the league have 'Poz' graded as a late 1st round pick. However The Answer currently has him graded as a late 3rd rounder. He's a 'character' guy and very instinctive on the football field but that don't compensate for his glaring weaknesses: lack of size, plays undisiplined, has trouble taking on aggressive blocking schemes, lingering MCL/PCL injury issues from injuries as a junior are also a concern. The Answer isn't too concerned because his sources have already told him Buffalo won't be drafting him - but the rest of the GM's around the league better heed notice with this big time risk pick.

2.) Brady Quinn - QB - Notre Dame

Quinn is most certainly a top 10 pick, still an outside chance he could even be #1 overall. He has had the advantage of learning under 3 time superbowl winning coach Charlie Weis, and seems to be the prototypical NFL QB for the new era. However The Answer still has some legit concerns - He had three off games last season - a terrible showing against Michigan, a total absence of accuracy against USC and a game against LSU in which he was so bad that he probably cost himself the top pick. Unfortunately, those were the only three games he played this year against top-level competition. Not coincidentally, his team lost all three games. Here's hoping that he lands in Miami and ends up being a total bust.

3.) Sidney Rice - WR - South Carolina

Rice is one of those raw talents that will either bust outright or turn into a complete stud. But his decision to enter the draft this year is one of the biggest mysteries there is. He is an incredibly talented player with a load of potential, but he's only a redshirt sophomore, so he has given up two years of eligibility. He's fast guy but he could stand to be stronger and heavier to stand up to NFL abuse. He doesn't pile up a lot of yards after the catch in the college game, and he isn't explosive, so there is little reason to believe that he will do better in that regard on the pro level. The biggest problem, though, seems to be his attitude. The Answer's advice to Rice - get over yourself and work hard for whoever drafts you.

4.) Dwayne Jarrett - WR - USC

Was on monster for one of the most dominant NCAA teams during his 3 year tenure at USC - Athletic, good size, great leaper, big hands, solid blocker, etc - However he does not have the 'timed speed' that most scouts look for. Despite his athleticism - he's not very strong, don't get great separation, isn't a deep threat, has some character concerns, and did have several injuries in college. The Answer projects Jarrett to be more of a 2nd receiver in the pros.

More to come....

~The Answer
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Answer's official 'potential bust list' for the upcoming draft.

Well those are pretty much all wrong
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
      Veteran Zoner
      • Apr 2007

Dude ..
      If nothing else you are at least entertaining to read. I now know you can't possibly be Ice disguised, as you used the word "omniscient". People in Oklahoma don't know what that word means. I barely know what it means. Although most hate you and I can understand why, I think its the people that go against the grain that make a message board entertaining to read daily. If everybody wanted to agree about everything, especially how great Levy and how great the Bills are. Just write your **** own **** down on a peice of paper and go look at it every 20 minutes for comfort. Different characters make the world go round.

As for your list, I disagree 100% about Quinn. I"m not sure about Jarrett or Rice, and I agree with you about POS.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

its, still, hard to take someone who refers to themselves as "the answer" seriously.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Well those are pretty much all wrong
          honestly that is your opinion and you could easily be wrong and i hate say it but i think the Answer may be right on some of those

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
            Veteran Zoner
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Romes
            its, still, hard to take someone who refers to themselves as "the answer" seriously.
            It is, you're right.

So simply, don't take it seriously. I'm thinking he's trying to be entertaining when he writes such moronic comments as this.

"The Answer has been working overtime assembling his draft board, studying film, and evaluating talent"

Like I said.. In my opinion, different kinds of people make message boards entertaining.. Granted sometimes people take things to far (as I've been known to do myself every now and then). But outside of that.. where's the harm.. I think the **** is funny as hell. I'd rather hear conflicting points of view and different personalities then everybody acting the same and agreeing with the same things..

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Neggie Nancy
              It is, you're right.

So simply, don't take it seriously. I'm thinking he's trying to be entertaining when he writes such moronic comments as this.

"The Answer has been working overtime assembling his draft board, studying film, and evaluating talent"

Like I said.. In my opinion, different kinds of people make message boards entertaining.. Granted sometimes people take things to far (as I've been known to do myself every now and then). But outside of that.. where's the harm.. I think the **** is funny as hell. I'd rather hear conflicting points of view and different personalities then everybody acting the same and agreeing with the same things..
              fair enough. I agree that it does have entertainment value to it. Though, it sounds to me like he wants to be taken seriously
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
                Veteran Zoner
                • Apr 2007

Well if he does, then he has some issues.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

My POTENTIAL draft bust list has 224 names on it.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

I don't like Answer's style however his list has some merit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
                      studying film
                      r

1A) . Kelly Holcomb.

1B) Paul "POZ" Poluszny

sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Neggie Nancy
                        Dude ..
                        If nothing else you are at least entertaining to read. I now know you can't possibly be Ice disguised, as you used the word "omniscient". People in Oklahoma don't know what that word means. I barely know what it means. Although most hate you and I can understand why, I think its the people that go against the grain that make a message board entertaining to read daily. If everybody wanted to agree about everything, especially how great Levy and how great the Bills are. Just write your **** own **** down on a peice of paper and go look at it every 20 minutes for comfort. Different characters make the world go round.

As for your list, I disagree 100% about Quinn. I"m not sure about Jarrett or Rice, and I agree with you about POS.
                        that's what I'm saying. I don't understand why some posters get so annoyed with various characters around here. Take away ICE, the Answer, you (Neggie or whoever you are since the sex change), Tackling Dummy, FTP and the like, and we'd be like a buncha old southern guys sittin on the porch agreeing about the weather ("looks like there's a draft comin up." "Yup." "I reckon ol Marv'll do a good job." "Yup." "There's a lot of good players to choose from, I'm sure he'll pick a good one." "Yup.").
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Deleted several personal attacks and off-topic posts from this thread. Please try to stick to the subject. It's a legit thread no matter who posted it.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The Answer
                            The Plagiarist
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            Deleted several personal attacks and off-topic posts from this thread. Please try to stick to the subject. It's a legit thread no matter who posted it.
                            Lordofgun - The Answer thanks you for keeping his ravenous fan club in check and quelling the potential hijack of this thread by posters with an anti-The Answer agenda.

Keep up the great work sir!

~The Answer

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
                              Lordofgun - The Answer thanks you for keeping his ravenous fan club in check and quelling the potential hijack of this thread by posters with an anti-The Answer agenda.

Keep up the great work sir!

~The Answer
                              Stick to your own topic, please.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X