PDA

View Full Version : chris brown and Beason

jack1022
04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Jon Beason likes the Tampa 2

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>February 24, 2007
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:27 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=970)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>JON BEASON LIKES THE TAMPA 2: I was talking to Miami's Jon Beason who is a top five OLB. NFL Network's Mike Mayock has him rated as his best LB, even ahead of Patrick Willis. At 6'0" and 237 pounds he's the typical size of a Tampa 2 linebacker. He also said a lot of what they did defensively at U of Miami was like the Tampa 2. So that would figure to be a smooth transition.
He admitted that he's been asked by a lot of teams if he thinks he could play the 'mike' linebacker (MLB). He believes he can, but said he likes the weak side linebacker position the best.
A lot of teams are interested in him. He's got 27 interviews lined up here at the combine. He said he's already spoken to the Bills on a preliminary basis by phone, and he threw this unsolicited comment in about possibly playing in Buffalo.
"That'd be cool."
Works for me. I really like the way this guy looks on film.
--- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
yaY.

I only have one question though.. If he plays the weak side, Ellison is already a wlb.. who the **** plays the strong side?

Thats the single biggest reason I like willis more.. He can play the middle and Crowell can play the slb.

Romes
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
An honest question because I don't know, but why can't Ellison play slb? or for that matter why can't beason play slb?

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 03:58 PM
How about Ellison is a good backup that played in place of Spikes.

Instead of counting on him as a starter let's hope that we are drafting more than one LB in this year's draft.

HAMMER
04-18-2007, 04:34 PM

Instead of counting on him as a starter let's hope that we are drafting more than one LB in this year's draft.

Ellison performed very well for a rookie, why no faith in him with another offseason under his belt?

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Ellison performed very well for a rookie, why no faith in him with another offseason under his belt?

I think this is a classic case of falling in love with our own players. Ellison wasn't a liability but he wasn't a standout either. He played better than expected but would ba a good backup on most playoff teams.

If he's that good than drafting 3 more LBs shouldn't threaten his chance at starting.

Ed
04-18-2007, 05:37 PM
When Spikes got hurt last year didn't Ellison fill in at SLB for him and Crowell stay at WLB? Or did they switch, and once Spikes returned, Crowell went back to WLB?

Ed
04-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Also, from what I understand both OLB positions are pretty interchangable in the Tampa 2.

patmoran2006
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
The big difference between the SLB and WLB is the obvious.. ON the strong side, you're usually going to line up on the side of the TE. the SLB needs to be more adept at taking on blockers, while the WLB makes more plays in space.

They are more interchangable in a cover two for sure. My fear is that we'll be REALLY undersized at LB after this draft; which is going to hurt our defense against power running teams even more.

Regardless; no matter what are DT's really need to step up big time, especially McCargo should he play the NT spot.

J-Beason
04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
who knows Perry could start anyone of our backup olb's like stamer etc. if a backup like crowell can grow into a great talent with an opportunity why can't anyone else?

The Spaz
04-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I could see us drafting Lynch and trying to move back int the 1st a grab Beason.

Neggie Nancy
04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Beason aint getting past 18 at the latest so they better be trading up real soon after they pick at #12.

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I could see us drafting Lynch and trying to move back int the 1st a grab Beason.
How could you possibly see that happening realistically? We would have to trade up at LEAST 20 spots to get close to him, which is more spots than we did for Losman or McCargo.
It's 12 or nothing for Beason.

The Spaz
04-18-2007, 10:16 PM
How could you possibly see that happening realistically? We would have to trade up at LEAST 20 spots to get close to him, which is more spots than we did for Losman or McCargo.
It's 12 or nothing for Beason.

We have plenty of picks don't you know...lol.

ublinkwescore
04-18-2007, 10:44 PM

And actually looked better than Spikes as well.

jamze132
04-19-2007, 11:50 AM
An honest question because I don't know, but why can't Ellison play slb? or for that matter why can't beason play slb?
Dude, that's just the way it is.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
And actually looked better than Spikes as well.

Again. He played better than an injured Spikes. Coy Wire played better so let's make him a starter.

Romes
04-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Dude, that's just the way it is.

Thats what i'm starting to think...fear change.

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 01:16 PM
One problem with Beason: He's from Miami.

Philagape
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, but at least he's black.

realdealryan
04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
One problem with Beason: He's from Miami.

http://www.chick-fil-abowl.com/dnn/Portals/0/kellymug_small.jpg

OpIv37
04-20-2007, 08:20 AM
http://www.chick-fil-abowl.com/dnn/Portals/0/kellymug_small.jpg

Look at our more recent Miami selections- Willis, Parrish, Everett....

HHURRICANE
04-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Look at our more recent Miami selections- Willis, Parrish, Everett....

Totally agree. I'm not too worried. I really doubt that Marv takes a player from the U.

jack1022
04-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Unlike, last year, I think the Bills Org. wants to warm us up, rather than shock us...
on 04/22/07, Brown states the following:

LB Beason could be an option

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>April 22, 2007
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:31 AM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1265)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>BEASON COULD BE AN OPTION: While I realize that Jon Beason would be a reach (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4715) if the Bills took him at 12, I still believe he’s a fit for Perry Fewell’s defense. His skill set is a good match in my opinion. The reason I won’t rule him out is because the Bills could always trade down and then the likelihood of Buffalo taking him becomes more likely. Buffalo with their eight picks can be very fluid this year in terms of where they ultimately wind up on the board. I’m not saying they will definitively move down, but if they do I think Beason becomes a very realistic possibility.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>