X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

David Harris (LB, Michigan) on Siruis

I was listening to Siruis today and they had David Harris on.

He specifically cited that Buffalo was extremely interested in him and he was very very complimentary of the guys in Buffalo. he loves the system, feels it is a good fit for him and said that they do as well.

I mention this because not a lot of the draft prospects really mention buffalo as a team that they visited or spoke to. It was actually the first time that I heard a prospect talk that way about the bills.

just a heads up.. could be our 2nd or 3rd pick possibly.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: David Harris (LB, Michigan) on Siruis

Hell sounds good to me. I can't say I have seen him play much though.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Ive heard that SF is on the radar big time on Harris as a second round pick should they go with Carriker, Okoye, or Branch in round one.

They think he will fit in perfect as a 3-4 ILB.

I wouldnt mind taking a look at this guy either.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

ILB | (6'2", 243, 4.59) | MICHIGAN

Strengths: Possesses a good combination of height and bulk for the position. Extremely sound in terms of recognition skills and reading keys. He is a hard-hitter and reliable open-field tackler. He displays very good quickness and body control. Is fluid in his hips and shows quick change-of-direction skills for his size. Plays with a great motor. He is a reliable tackler in space and also displays a knack for forcing fumbles. He gets a deep drop in zone coverage and shows adequate quickness in that area of the game. Breaks on the ball in front of him quickly and displays the consistent ability to knock passes down at the last second.

Weaknesses:
        He plays faster than 40-time indicates but his lack of ideal top-end speed will be somewhat limiting at the next level. He has made huge strides in terms of technique but can still improve his hand usage and angles. He does not display great ball skills in coverage. Lacks great instincts as a pass rusher. Gets engulfed at the line of scrimmage too often and does not show the explosive strength to bounce off of blockers. Needs to continue to improve his upper body power.

Overall: Harris was redshirted in 2002. He appeared in two games in 2003 registering two tackles before suffering a season-ending knee injury against Houston (9/6). Harris saw action in seven games (one start) in 2004 at inside linebacker and on special teams making 10 tackles and one forced fumble. In 2005, he became a starter for the final 11 contests and recorded 88 total tackles, six tackles for loss, one sack, one fumble recovery, and two forced fumbles. In 2006 he started all 13 games and registered 103 total tackles, 16 tackles for loss, four sacks, one interception, and one forced fumble.

A late-bloomer, Harris did not emerge as a starter until his junior season in 2005. We felt Harris was a bit of an underrated prospect heading into 2006 and he made even more strides as a senior. He lacks ideal fluidity and he still has room to improve in terms of his coverage skills. However, Harris is an instinctive defender with good size, strength, toughness and straight-line speed. In our opinion, Harris has enough potential to groom as a starter at MLB in a 4-3 scheme or ILB in a 3-4 scheme at the next level, which is why we grade him out as a second-round pick in 2007.

Comment

• historypete
          • Feb 2005

I know he was a solid Middle LB for Michigan and had some good range. Mike Mayock had some good things to say about him on the Path to the Draft. If we went with him in the 2nd and say Beason in the 1st, that would settle our LB situation because Crowell could go back to SLB. Then draft RB (hopefully Pittman or Irons would fall to us considering not many teams have pressing RB needs) and a WR in the 3rd and that would be a great day. An even better situation would be Marv trading down a few spots, grab another 2nd and still get Beason then Harris. One can hope and pray I guess.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

He is not the classic Tampa 2 MLB. That's OK.

What he does exceptionally well is fly to the hole and hit the RB's near the LOS. He's a 2 down run stopper with some coverage ability. Jauron and Fewell said a while back that the D needed to get stronger up the middle and may need more size, outside of the standard Cover 2 profile.

He'd be a very good pick. Strong and physical. I watch tons of Big 10 football and saw many of his games. Very impressive. Plus he's not hopeless in short coverage.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Harris is an incredible athlete. His combine tests were as impressive as Willis.

He is considered one of the better tacklers in the draft, and is also one of the fastest LB available. A great athlete who could play the middle in any system.

Early his his career at Michigan he blew out his ACL, but he recovered to play well the last couple seasons.

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                I was listening to Siruis today and they had David Harris on.

He specifically cited that Buffalo was extremely interested in him and he was very very complimentary of the guys in Buffalo. he loves the system, feels it is a good fit for him and said that they do as well.

I mention this because not a lot of the draft prospects really mention buffalo as a team that they visited or spoke to. It was actually the first time that I heard a prospect talk that way about the bills.

just a heads up.. could be our 2nd or 3rd pick possibly.
                I listened to the interview also Tonk. I don't think that he said the Bills were extremely interested in him. He did say that he visited Buffalo and he liked Buffalo and that they had good coaches and a good tradition.
                Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

he can play i am a big PSU and Michigan fan, i seen him play live against Indiana, and he can play he is a little upright, but he hits and is all over the feild, he has great size, and take on his blocks very well
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Providing we take either AP or Lynch round 1, Harris would be an excellent selection at 42. He leads that 2nd tier of LBs IMO, and he could likely start day one for us at MLB. However, as Pat said, he is a threat to being taken a few spots before us in the 2nd.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                      I listened to the interview also Tonk. I don't think that he said the Bills were extremely interested in him. He did say that he visited Buffalo and he liked Buffalo and that they had good coaches and a good tradition.
                      they started off the interview with the question, "so what teams seem to be teh most interested in you?".. and he went on about buffalo..
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

they were all about compairing him to ryans.. last years 2nd rounder who was defensive roy.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I like Harris.

It would not be beyond the realm of possiblity that we go LB with the first 2 picks.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

Harris is THE HARDEST HITTER in the draft. It would be nice to have him smacking RB's around.

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
                              Veteran Zoner
                              • Apr 2007

He could be a really good pick for three reasons..

1- It would allow us to take Lynch with the first pick, or even Turner our decide he's better than Lynch and they trade the pick.

2- Maybe Im in the minority, but I like Crowell better on the outside.

3- Harris' strength is run stopping and hitting, something we lack.

My concern is that he's not on the board at #43.. We would possibly have to move up a little bit to get him. if SF doesnt take Willis in round one they'd be all over this guy in round two. I've heard he's a better fit for a 3-4 ILB defense, but Im sure he'd be fine in a 4-3 as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X