PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch visited with Bills today..

JJamezz
04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, he said 'Wednesday', I'm assuming he meant today and not last week...

He said Lynch is actively 'making the rounds' to clear up any character rumors - Schefter said that it is the collective opinion of several organizations around the league that 'there are NO character concerns.'

I still don't think we draft him, as much as I'd like them to..

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Sweet!

X-Era
04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Well, he said 'Wednesday', I'm assuming he meant today and not last week...

He said Lynch is actively 'making the rounds' to clear up any character rumors - Schefter said that it is the collective opinion of several organizations around the league that 'there are NO character concerns.'

I still don't think we draft him, as much as I'd like them to..

I see it happening, I really do. The potential rewards of a gamebreaking RB are just so much more tangible than any of our other needs that we would make this move, IMO

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I see it happening, I really do. The potential rewards of a gamebreaking RB are just so much more tangible than any of our other needs that we would make this move, IMO

He's going to look awesome in practice running against our D without any linebackers to stop him.

okaydo
04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
USA Today had an interesting article (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2007-04-18-sw-marshawn-lynch_N.htm) today on Lynch:

Here's an excerpt:

Marshawn Lynch: A 'mama's boy' ready for the NFL

University of California running back Marshawn Lynch looks like many of today's stylish athletes: sculpted body, braids, fashionable dental grille.

But to truly understand him, according to teammate Justin Forsett, you must see him from behind, shirtless.

There, across his shoulders, the tattooed words stretch from shoulder blade to shoulder blade: "Mama's Boy."

"Oh, he's definitely a mama's boy," Forsett says. "They're like friends, as well as being mother and son."

Says Lynch: "That's what I am. I'm a mama's boy at heart. I ain't afraid to show it."
When Lynch's mother, Delisa, first saw the ink, she had mixed emotions. "Oh, baby, I bet that hurt," she said. "But … it's so beautiful!"

Any NFL team drafting Lynch will get a package deal: son and mother. Wherever Marshawn goes — the Buffalo Bills and Green Bay Packers are two possible destinations — he's taking Delisa with him. And he's buying her a house. "It will be the first thing I do," he says.

McBFLO
04-18-2007, 11:24 PM
So he'll have a positive influence around him to keep him on the right track. That's a good thing for any potential character issues.

Carlton Bailey
04-19-2007, 01:42 AM
He's among a few guys whom I would have no problem with drafting. If we get Lynch, I'll be thrilled.

ublinkwescore
04-19-2007, 08:51 AM
having a player's coach in Jauron could be a good thing too.

Ok, I've warmed up to him a little bit now - I just hope we can get back into the 1st early enough for a crack at a good OLB.

jamesiscool
04-19-2007, 08:54 AM
im cool with lynch. i think all the accusations are false.

But does he want to move his mother to buffalo???? i dunno bout that.

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Is his running style comparable to Jones-Drew's? I'd love to have a rb like him on our roster. He may not be LT but he can catch just as well.

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Is his running style comparable to Jones-Drew's? I'd love to have a rb like him on our roster. He may not be LT but he can catch just as well.
The two guys i hear him most often compared to are Steven Jackson (Rams) and Laurence Maroney (Patriots)

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Didn't Willis bring his mom up to Buffalo too?

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 09:48 AM
The two guys i hear him most often compared to are Steven Jackson (Rams) and Laurence Maroney (Patriots)

Aha! Jackson can catch too. I'm really thinking, he's our guy at 12. Marv will have his Thurman and Fairchild will have his Jackson. I think if Turner had shown the ability to catch as well, I don't think Marv would've hesistated to make the trade with our first.

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
I think it was his baby momma.

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Aha! Jackson can catch too. I'm really thinking, he's our guy at 12. Marv will have his Thurman and Fairchild will have his Jackson. I think if Turner had shown the ability to catch as well, I don't think Marv would've hesistated to make the trade with our first.
I got no problem with Lynch if that's who marv likes. In fact, I have no problem with almost anybody on a team that needs a lot.

The only two players that I do have a problem with our a pair of guys that I think will come in, be only scab starters (meaning not better than what was there last year) and not make the team any better.

Paulie Pos and Leon Hall. Im cool with just about anything else. And if we traded down and then took Pos, I'd have a much smaller problem with him.

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
I got no problem with Lynch if that's who marv likes. In fact, I have no problem with almost anybody on a team that needs a lot.

The only two players that I do have a problem with our a pair of guys that I think will come in, be only scab starters (meaning not better than what was there last year) and not make the team any better.

Paulie Pos and Leon Hall. Im cool with just about anything else. And if we traded down and then took Pos, I'd have a much smaller problem with him.

Cb is a need but I don't think a TOP Tier cb is needed in a cover 2 . If Marv drafts Hall, its probably based on BPA.

SquishDaFish
04-19-2007, 11:15 AM
I think it was his baby momma.

Which one of the many? Was it one of the underage ones? :lmao:

madness
04-19-2007, 01:16 PM
USA Today had an interesting article (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2007-04-18-sw-marshawn-lynch_N.htm) today on Lynch:

Here's an excerpt:

Thanks okaydo. I'm tired of hearing the character comments about this guy. This is just more proof he's the exact opposite of the public perception. There's isn't more of a "team first" player in this draft.

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Sounds like Lynch is gaining momentum on the board here again.

he was the pick earlier in the process, then totally fell off, and now it looks like he'scoming back around again.

Good.. I got no problem with us picking Lynch.. the best cure for a wack ass defense is an offense that can score and control the clock better.

Saratoga Slim
04-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Sounds like Lynch is gaining momentum on the board here again.

he was the pick earlier in the process, then totally fell off, and now it looks like he'scoming back around again.

Good.. I got no problem with us picking Lynch.. the best cure for a wack ass defense is an offense that can score and control the clock better.

I still think we're going LB in round 1. And I still think Lynch is a moron based on one Sirius interview and a SI piece, but if he passes OBD's interviews, I can't deny that he's far and away better than any other back we have a realistic chance of drafting.

Who knows, maybe packaging our 2nd and one 3rd would allow us to get back into the 1st and take Beason anyway. That would be a coup.

raphael120
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM

his babys mama...all 10 of them