• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

AP #1 On Bills Draft Board

On Monday I was listening to the local AM station(Minneapolis) KFAN. They have a show hosted by the Vikings announcer. They are doing two a days and picking two draft picks a day. On Monday they had the Bills. Of course they had Peterson gone but the Host (Paul Allen) said he talked to some of his football sources over the weekend and they told him that the Bills have Peterson as the ABSOLUTE #1 prospect on their lists. Even over Calvin Johnson. Allen usually has good guests from numerous sites all over the web. I know he didnt state any "sources" but I thought you guys might have wanted to know this. We may be looking to trade up after all. Given the Bills history over the past 4-5 years, come draft day, I think we will be making alot of noise one way or another
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: AP #1 On Bills Draft Board

I would luv to see AP here
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

I can see AP #1 on there list but with so many holes they don't have the luxory of trading up. They need there picks.

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by don137
        I can see AP #1 on there list but with so many holes they don't have the luxory of trading up. They need there picks.
        Screw it, like a player trade up, it depends on what they give up though. He falls to seven they may pull the trigger with the vikings.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
          • Feb 2005

If it weren't for injury concerns AP would probably be the #1 prospect in a top heavy draft. He is the best running back I've seen come out in a long time. Reggie Bush was special last year but he isn't what I would call an every down, carry the ball all the time type back. In my opinion, Peterson is the 2nd best player in this draft behind Quinn. Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, Adams and Thomas in that order is the way I rank them. If AP somehow is sitting there for us I'd be shocked and I would wait all of 2 seconds to run up there with Adrian Petersons name on the card.
          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• clumping platelets

I disagree with having "so many holes"........we can use picks from 2008 to help in moving if necessary and we do have a couple of players on the roster that could be included in any deal to move up

This being said, if AP is available at #6 when the Skins pick (if they still own the pick), I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills moved up for him

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
              lets assume they are right in his ranking though.. and he turns out, with our new oline, to be a running back that puts up numbers like LT.. 2000 total yards..

how could that not cure alot of issues on the team..
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ajsdx
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                lets assume they are right in his ranking though.. and he turns out, with our new oline, to be a running back that puts up numbers like LT.. 2000 total yards..

if we knew that for sure, i'd trade close to our whole draft for AP. But since it isn't a sure thing, the safe bet is to keep our picks or even trade down (although that's easier said than done). AP definitely isn't a sure thing IMO.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i agree.. i dont know that i am sold on him.. definately not enough to give up more than our 2nd 3rd round pick.. but i am just saying.. if the guy is sick this year... no one will remember what we gave up for him.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

It would cure offensive issues but if you trade up at minimum you are giving up at least your second round pick. I feel it is imperitive to get an impact linebacker and RB with your first and second pick. We need to address stopping the run. I love AP but I would not want to trade up to get him at the risk of sacrificing the defense.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
                      On Monday I was listening to the local AM station(Minneapolis) KFAN. They have a show hosted by the Vikings announcer. They are doing two a days and picking two draft picks a day. On Monday they had the Bills. Of course they had Peterson gone but the Host (Paul Allen) said he talked to some of his football sources over the weekend and they told him that the Bills have Peterson as the ABSOLUTE #1 prospect on their lists. Even over Calvin Johnson. Allen usually has good guests from numerous sites all over the web. I know he didnt state any "sources" but I thought you guys might have wanted to know this. We may be looking to trade up after all. Given the Bills history over the past 4-5 years, come draft day, I think we will be making alot of noise one way or another
                      Come draft day, a move up for him wouldnt suprise me at all.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                        If it weren't for injury concerns AP would probably be the #1 prospect in a top heavy draft. He is the best running back I've seen come out in a long time. Reggie Bush was special last year but he isn't what I would call an every down, carry the ball all the time type back. In my opinion, Peterson is the 2nd best player in this draft behind Quinn. Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, Adams and Thomas in that order is the way I rank them. If AP somehow is sitting there for us I'd be shocked and I would wait all of 2 seconds to run up there with Adrian Petersons name on the card.
                        No disrespect to AP, who i think if fantastic.... but i have to disagree about BEst RB prospect in a long time.... BUt onyl because there was guy named Bush last year who was a bit better in my mind.....

Before that I'd say LDT.....

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

The real issue here is, when is the latest he is available in the draft. In that I mean that if a team is taking a look at him with the 4th pick, we shouldn't bother to try to get him. If he is still available after the 7th or 8th pick, it's not a bad idea to move up to grab him. Moving up 4 or 5 spots would probably just cost us our 2nd pick, which in my mind is acceptable.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                            The real issue here is, when is the latest he is available in the draft. In that I mean that if a team is taking a look at him with the 4th pick, we shouldn't bother to try to get him. If he is still available after the 7th or 8th pick, it's not a bad idea to move up to grab him. Moving up 4 or 5 spots would probably just cost us our 2nd pick, which in my mind is acceptable.
                            good post skoob. I'd be hesitent to trade this year's 2nd, becuase I'm not sure it'll be wise to wait until the 3rd to draft a LB. If we could move up high enough to get AP using a combo of a 3rd rounder and a pick next year, I'd be thrilled with that.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

I saw on ESPN NFL LIve last night that AP has only 4.5 % body fat, and he's ****ing chiseled at 217 pounds.

Also reported that he worked with Brady Quinn from January through march and by the time his pro day came around, he didnt drop a single pass the entire session.

His hands are very underated.

I would be SHOCKED if Cleveland doenst take him.. I think they will, unless the Raiders leave Russell on the board.. I think AP will go to Cleveland over Quinn.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X