PDA

View Full Version : AP #1 On Bills Draft Board

B-DON
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
On Monday I was listening to the local AM station(Minneapolis) KFAN. They have a show hosted by the Vikings announcer. They are doing two a days and picking two draft picks a day. On Monday they had the Bills. Of course they had Peterson gone but the Host (Paul Allen) said he talked to some of his football sources over the weekend and they told him that the Bills have Peterson as the ABSOLUTE #1 prospect on their lists. Even over Calvin Johnson. Allen usually has good guests from numerous sites all over the web. I know he didnt state any "sources" but I thought you guys might have wanted to know this. We may be looking to trade up after all. Given the Bills history over the past 4-5 years, come draft day, I think we will be making alot of noise one way or another

bigbub2352
04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I would luv to see AP here

don137
04-18-2007, 09:12 PM
I can see AP #1 on there list but with so many holes they don't have the luxory of trading up. They need there picks.

camelcowboy
04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I can see AP #1 on there list but with so many holes they don't have the luxory of trading up. They need there picks. Screw it, like a player trade up, it depends on what they give up though. He falls to seven they may pull the trigger with the vikings.

Sportsuser101
04-18-2007, 10:08 PM
If it weren't for injury concerns AP would probably be the #1 prospect in a top heavy draft. He is the best running back I've seen come out in a long time. Reggie Bush was special last year but he isn't what I would call an every down, carry the ball all the time type back. In my opinion, Peterson is the 2nd best player in this draft behind Quinn. Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, Adams and Thomas in that order is the way I rank them. If AP somehow is sitting there for us I'd be shocked and I would wait all of 2 seconds to run up there with Adrian Petersons name on the card.

clumping platelets
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I disagree with having "so many holes"........we can use picks from 2008 to help in moving if necessary and we do have a couple of players on the roster that could be included in any deal to move up

This being said, if AP is available at #6 when the Skins pick (if they still own the pick), I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills moved up for him

Tatonka
04-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I can see AP #1 on there list but with so many holes they don't have the luxory of trading up. They need there picks.
lets assume they are right in his ranking though.. and he turns out, with our new oline, to be a running back that puts up numbers like LT.. 2000 total yards..

how could that not cure alot of issues on the team..

ajsdx
04-18-2007, 10:45 PM
lets assume they are right in his ranking though.. and he turns out, with our new oline, to be a running back that puts up numbers like LT.. 2000 total yards..

if we knew that for sure, i'd trade close to our whole draft for AP. But since it isn't a sure thing, the safe bet is to keep our picks or even trade down (although that's easier said than done). AP definitely isn't a sure thing IMO.

Tatonka
04-18-2007, 10:52 PM
i agree.. i dont know that i am sold on him.. definately not enough to give up more than our 2nd 3rd round pick.. but i am just saying.. if the guy is sick this year... no one will remember what we gave up for him.

don137
04-19-2007, 06:45 AM

It would cure offensive issues but if you trade up at minimum you are giving up at least your second round pick. I feel it is imperitive to get an impact linebacker and RB with your first and second pick. We need to address stopping the run. I love AP but I would not want to trade up to get him at the risk of sacrificing the defense.

X-Era
04-19-2007, 07:00 AM
On Monday I was listening to the local AM station(Minneapolis) KFAN. They have a show hosted by the Vikings announcer. They are doing two a days and picking two draft picks a day. On Monday they had the Bills. Of course they had Peterson gone but the Host (Paul Allen) said he talked to some of his football sources over the weekend and they told him that the Bills have Peterson as the ABSOLUTE #1 prospect on their lists. Even over Calvin Johnson. Allen usually has good guests from numerous sites all over the web. I know he didnt state any "sources" but I thought you guys might have wanted to know this. We may be looking to trade up after all. Given the Bills history over the past 4-5 years, come draft day, I think we will be making alot of noise one way or another

Come draft day, a move up for him wouldnt suprise me at all.

Canadian'eh!
04-19-2007, 07:42 AM
If it weren't for injury concerns AP would probably be the #1 prospect in a top heavy draft. He is the best running back I've seen come out in a long time. Reggie Bush was special last year but he isn't what I would call an every down, carry the ball all the time type back. In my opinion, Peterson is the 2nd best player in this draft behind Quinn. Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, Adams and Thomas in that order is the way I rank them. If AP somehow is sitting there for us I'd be shocked and I would wait all of 2 seconds to run up there with Adrian Petersons name on the card.

No disrespect to AP, who i think if fantastic.... but i have to disagree about BEst RB prospect in a long time.... BUt onyl because there was guy named Bush last year who was a bit better in my mind.....

Before that I'd say LDT.....

Mitchy moo
04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
The real issue here is, when is the latest he is available in the draft. In that I mean that if a team is taking a look at him with the 4th pick, we shouldn't bother to try to get him. If he is still available after the 7th or 8th pick, it's not a bad idea to move up to grab him. Moving up 4 or 5 spots would probably just cost us our 2nd pick, which in my mind is acceptable.

Saratoga Slim
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
The real issue here is, when is the latest he is available in the draft. In that I mean that if a team is taking a look at him with the 4th pick, we shouldn't bother to try to get him. If he is still available after the 7th or 8th pick, it's not a bad idea to move up to grab him. Moving up 4 or 5 spots would probably just cost us our 2nd pick, which in my mind is acceptable.
good post skoob. I'd be hesitent to trade this year's 2nd, becuase I'm not sure it'll be wise to wait until the 3rd to draft a LB. If we could move up high enough to get AP using a combo of a 3rd rounder and a pick next year, I'd be thrilled with that.

patmoran2006
04-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I saw on ESPN NFL LIve last night that AP has only 4.5 % body fat, and he's ****ing chiseled at 217 pounds.

Also reported that he worked with Brady Quinn from January through march and by the time his pro day came around, he didnt drop a single pass the entire session.

His hands are very underated.

I would be SHOCKED if Cleveland doenst take him.. I think they will, unless the Raiders leave Russell on the board.. I think AP will go to Cleveland over Quinn.

Mitchy moo
04-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I saw on ESPN NFL LIve last night that AP has only 4.5 % body fat, and he's ****ing chiseled at 217 pounds.

Also reported that he worked with Brady Quinn from January through march and by the time his pro day came around, he didnt drop a single pass the entire session.

I would be SHOCKED if Cleveland doenst take him.. I think they will, unless the Raiders leave Russell on the board.. I think AP will go to Cleveland over Quinn.

Cleveland's needs major help, they make us look like SB champs. I personally think they need Quinn in the worst way and they feel the same.

B-DON
04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
I think Quinn is going to cleveland 100%.

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Cleveland's needs major help, they make us look like SB champs. I personally think they need Quinn in the worst way and they feel the same.
Cleveland, JUST LIKE BUFFALO, needs major help-- but I think that Crennel will not take Brady Quinn over AP.

I think the only way AP doesnt go to Cleveland is if Calvin Johnson goes first overall and Russell is on the board at #3.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Cleveland, JUST LIKE BUFFALO, needs major help-- but I think that Crennel will not take Brady Quinn over AP.

I think the only way AP doesnt go to Cleveland is if Calvin Johnson goes first overall and Russell is on the board at #3.

I actually think Russell will be- and that's not just be hopeful, subjective opinion speaking. I think Johnson goes #1 to Oakland, regardless of their current QB situation (they'll take Trent Edwards of Stanford at the top of round 2, as the rumor goes). Then I believe that Arizona may not want to take any chances regarding Joe Thomas (having him get past Detroit and Tampa Bay, particularly) and will possibly offer their 1st, 2nd, and 5th to swap spots. Even if they don't, most reports (yeah, they could just be misdirections) say that the Lions don't play on taking Quinn or Russell. LOL, and even THEN, as long as the Raiders take Johnson, the Browns will be able to draft one of the two elite QB's- I don't know that they like Quinn more than Peterson (you suggest they don't). But it wouldn't be shocking if they badly wanted one of these two QB's and took Quinn just the same.

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Me PERSONALLY.. I like Quinn better than Russell..

But its been made no secret that Cleveland GM Savage is crazy about Russell and would take him in the second.

I wouldnt be surprised if your right about CJ going to oakland either.. I'd do that if I was Al Davis.. With Edwards, or even Beck.. Its not like potentially good QB's in this draft are ONLY Russell and Quinn..

one thing is certain, whomever is the Raiders QB is going to get their brains bashed in this year.

raphael120
04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Come draft day, a move up for him wouldnt suprise me at all.

whats better? tradin up and sacrificing a good/average player in a 2nd round draft pick for a future super star running back in AP? i dunno...but no one ever said we need to fill all the major holes in just one year. marv seems pretty high on whatever we dont get in the draft, hes confident someone we already have is going to step up and make some plays.

acattack15
04-19-2007, 04:53 PM
It comes down to this for a RB in the first round:
1. Trade up for Peterson, giving our 1st rounder (12th pick) snd 2nd rounder, maybe a later round also, to grab the future ALL-PRO RB in my minds.

or

2. Grab Marshawn Lynch at the 12th pick which he should definetly be there, and then draft a LB in 2nd-Siler, Harris,....

3.**Grab Marshawn Lynch at the 12th pick and move up in the mid 20's by trading our 2nd and one of our 3rds, and take Jon Beason in the late first. This would give us a solid RB for years to come, and supposedly our favorite LB in the draft to fill our big LB need. It also gives us flexibility in our lone 3rd rounder to grab a falling player we like, or anothe LB as well as a CB.

Or we could do which is most likely, grab a LB round 1 (Willis, Beason) and grab Rb in round 2 (Pittman, Irons), CB round 3.

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 04:58 PM

franchise Qb are harder to find than Rb's. I'd rather Cleveland takes Quinn which means the fins are stuck with Green.

BTW, there might be a rule against having two handles. If so, pick one and don't flipflop between both.

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 05:00 PM
1- I am phasing my real name out.. Either this name or another will become my permanent handle..

2- I dont want Quinn to go to Miami anymore than you do.

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 05:07 PM
1- I am phasing my real name out.. Either this name or another will become my permanent handle..

.phasing out? :huh: Just switch.

agree on no.2 :up:

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
To get AP via trade:

It would probably cost us our first and second to move up to 6 (WAshington) or 7 (Minnesota)

8 (Atlanta) or 10 (Houston) probably a first and a third.

If we WANTED TOO.. realistically Washington and Houston may be willing parties as they are missing day one picks... Houston has no second rounder.. WHile Washington only has the 5th pick on day one.

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 05:09 PM
either ways, we will have our rb on draft day. Might be AP, Lynch,Turner or Jones?