• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BambinoSux
    Don't Throw It My Way
    • Aug 2002

Two reasons why I don't mind Pats signing Colvin

Mike Williams and Jonas Jennings.

Who cares if they have Colvin, our Tackles are only gonna get better. The way I see it, you should focus on your strengths rather than the other team's and think that your strength it better than theirs.
    I don't believe in no damn curses.
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

The o-line is gonna be dominant. One other thing, I think you should change your avatar, it angers me.
    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

our o-line could be scary if we keep em together for a few years, so much talent on that line :p

Comment

• Brian H
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Nov 2002

Its half a face?
        ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Brian H
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Nov 2002

lol guess not
          ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• itsandthings
            • Sep 2002

Right... They did such a good job blocking him last season when he had 5 tackles a fumble recovery and sacked Bledsoe twice.

At any rate, the Pats aren't done dealing. Tomorrow S Lee Flowers is visiting and the team hopes to sign him to a contract quickly. The rumor is that they will then deal franchise S Tebucky Jones to New Orleans for a #1 pick (#18).

That would give the Pats 3 of the first 19 picks and 5 of the first 75 on day 1 in the upcoming draft (along with 2 4ths, 2 5ths, a 6th and 2 7ths). The rumor is that they will use that stockpile to attempt to trade up into the top 10.

Thus, you may not worry about Colvin, but he is only going to be one of several talented players the Pats will add this offseason.

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

Takeo>Colvin

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Riiiight....lol:)! Go Bills!

Comment

• Doc
                  • Dec 2002

Don't forget that the O-line was being coached by a crony of Williams who has since been booted back to best-man status. The O-line will have to proper coaching to block Colvin this time, although the Bills will probably look to the running game more with the loss of Price, not to mention crushing Brady with their pass-rush and the guy who is Colvin's equal at 1/4 the price.

As for trading Tebucky for the Saints' 18th overall, I'll believe it when I see it, much less them trading into the top 10 to get the guys they want.

Comment

• itsandthings
                    • Sep 2002

I am surprised by the Tebucky rumor as well, but it looks like they are moving him. Today they are bringing in Lee Flowers and Rodney Harrison with hopes of signing them. If they sign a top S like that, then Jones is gone. Trading Jones would clear $3M in cap space.

Keep in mind the Pats got Colvin for 7 Yrs/$30M with a $7M SB, much less than what the Bills paid for Spikes. They plan on using him at SSLB, with Willie McGinest being moved to WSDE/OLB opposite him.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

We will see a huge improvement in our OL this season. MW in his second season will be much more comfortable, Jennings in his third, Sullivan in his second starting, Teague in his second at C. We will definitely have one of the top OLs this year and for several years to come.

As to the division, N.E. will be a decent team again. Formidable!
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

With Colvin signing I'm glad Buffalo has a mobile quarterback

Comment

• itsandthings
                          • Sep 2002

The Harrison signing just became official:

Now look for Tebucky Jones to be traded.

Comment

• clumping platelets

To the Saints

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

A good signing even though Harrison is not as good as he use to be. He sure can hit hard. I think Jones is a better long ter solution than Harrison though.
                              The thing is NE has no leverage with trading Jones. They put the carraige before the horse by signing Harrison. Jones is a good one but they only have a couple days to trade him and won't get much for him (if anything).
                              NE sure knows how to tip their hand. You know they are going DT in the draft, possibly with both picks unless Andre Johnson falls to 14 or they like Taylor Jacobs-WR Florida.

Comment

Working...
                              X