PDA

View Full Version : Bush Is 99% Healthy

B-DON
04-18-2007, 07:53 PM
RB Bush up and running just in time for NFL draft

"I reviewed an X-ray today and it looks like it is 99 percent healed," Andrews wrote in a letter dated Wednesday and obtained by The Associated Press. "I would estimate that Michael Bush will pick up in the NFL where he left off in college, and should be a top-ranked running back taken in the 2007 NFL Draft."

Full Article

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiDtpJtpyuDSZoXA63_bfCFDubYF?slug=ap-draft-bush&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sounds like a steal in the making

Michael82
04-18-2007, 07:55 PM
hmmm, maybe this is the RB that they have in mind....?

The NEXT Thurman Thomas? :idunno:

jpdex12
04-18-2007, 07:55 PM

"I reviewed an X-ray today and it looks like it is 99 percent healed," Andrews wrote in a letter dated Wednesday and obtained by The Associated Press. "I would estimate that Michael Bush will pick up in the NFL where he left off in college, and should be a top-ranked running back taken in the 2007 NFL Draft."

Full Article

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiDtpJtpyuDSZoXA63_bfCFDubYF?slug=ap-draft-bush&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sounds a little fishy. His agent may be talking him up. One month removed from his second surgery and he's 99% ready???

casdhf
04-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Maybe we should try a HB that has 2 good legs, ya know ... just for something different.

gr8slayer
04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I read the other day that he was only able to squat 225 lbs.

I hope that's not him at full strength.

B-DON
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Sounds a little fishy. His agent may be talking him up. One month removed from his second surgery and he's 99% ready???

Did you even read the article? Why would his agent risk Bush's future by sending out dvd's to all 32 teams if it had his client looking like crap. Just wouldn't happen. There had to be something positve on that tape that made them feel the need to send it out.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Maybe we should try a HB that has 2 good legs, ya know ... just for something different.

Great post!

HHURRICANE
04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Did you even read the article? Why would his agent risk Bush's future by sending out dvd's to all 32 teams if it had his client looking like crap. Just wouldn't happen. There had to be something positve on that tape that made them feel the need to send it out.

Rosenhaus did the same thing with Willis and we took the bait. As CASDF just posted let's try a guy with 2 good legs.

Scumbag College
04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
No one would be even close to 100% months removed from having a metal rod put into their leg...

No way an NFL RB would be ready to go less than a year after this surgery. Sounds like propaganda, I think Marv and Co. pass on him. TD would have taken him in the first.

Bling
04-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I wish Miami would take a look at him.

TigerJ
04-18-2007, 08:24 PM
If Buffalo were to draft two running backs, I would not mind if Bush were one of them. However, Bush is too one dimensional as a runner for me. I want a runner who can elude tacklers as well as break tackles. Bush and Garrett Wolfe would be a pretty good pair to have. Otherwise, If Buffalo doesn't end up with either Peterson or Lynch in round one, I would prefer Antonio Pittman. If Buffalo doesn't get Pittman, there's no one else I really like until you get into the fourth round and players like Chris Henry, Deshawn Wynn, Brandon Jackson, and Jackie Battle (if the Bills would think of him as a RB instead of a FB).

Devin
04-18-2007, 08:25 PM

:bf1:

Wacky idea casdhf, wtf does a running back need TWO healthy knees or legs for anyway?

B-DON
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Rosenhaus did the same thing with Willis and we took the bait. As CASDF just posted let's try a guy with 2 good legs.

Im pretty sure Willis wasnt running 100 yd dashes two weeks before the draft.

Dozerdog
04-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I'd try a 5th rounder on him if he's still there

Brandon
04-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Why would they send out a DVD, period? Why not actually *invite* the teams to the workout? The fact that they took this route would make me extremely suspicious if I were an NFL GM interested in the guy. My BS meter would be off the charts on this one.

Goobylal
04-18-2007, 09:25 PM
...and Jackie Battle (if the Bills would think of him as a RB instead of a FB).
After Battle ran a 4.42 in the 40-yard dash, he's definitely considered a RB. I'd use a 3rd rounder on him. He had almost 1,000 yards in a pass-happy offense, and his combine stats were sick!

TigerJ
04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I certainly think of him as a running back, Gooby. Still, if that's where he's going to play as a pro, I'd like to see him shed some pounds. I think he weighed something like 242 in his campus workout. I'd like to see play at around 230. I think it would help his quickness and agilitly.

Goobylal
04-18-2007, 10:02 PM
I agree. And I think he'd be able to do it. Just let John Allaire at him!

X-Era
04-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Full Article

Ive said this since day one.

Michael Bush in the 4th is a steal IMO

jpdex12
04-19-2007, 05:20 PM

I sense a bit of smart assness from you!

No. I didn't bother reading the article because we have already just heard of the news that Bush is ready for the draft. I'm glad for this guy and hope that he's ready to strap on a helmet and start running over LBers. As another poster just posted, there's still time...why not set up a live session to show off your stuff to scouts? I'm sure that the video contained vanilla drills and didn't show him doing anything too strenuous. Why haven't we heard of a 40 time yet? Why no live sessions? All I said is that it sounds fishy that this guy who had leg surgery to repair a broken fibula last September that didn't heal properly enough to allow him to perform at the combine and then had to have a second surgery a month ago is now ready to show his stuff. I believe that it's just agent propoganda. There is nothing wrong with that. Why has no one heard of anything on Bush up until this suprise?

Is there a problem with me and 30 million other people thinking that this is fishy?

justasportsfan
04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
He could set off metal detectors at airport security.