PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Ted Nolan.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
What a whiny little B.

User Manuel
04-18-2007, 09:42 PM
I hope this finally crushes the Nolan mystique in Buffalo....

Best part is, Tom Poti made sure that it was irrelevant with that weak-a__ play right after.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I hope this finally crushes the Nolan mystique in Buffalo....

Best part is, Tom Poti made sure that it was irrelevant with that weak-a__ play right after.

Just when I thought there was a more useless player than Randy Robitaille.

chubluv
04-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I dont remember Teddy being like that when he was here. I really dont feel sorry for him the Isles or their fans. Look in the rafters they have Stanley Cup banners we dont. All the calls went against us for years. Its nice to have the breaks go our way.

MikeInRoch
04-18-2007, 09:50 PM
What did he do after the game? I didn't hear...

Michael82
04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I was thinking the same thing myself. Nolan is coming off as a :baby:

I'm so sick of him *****ing and moaning about penalties and goals that don't go his way after each game. He's a freaking head coach of the team! Come on! :rolleyes:

SpillerThrills
04-18-2007, 10:15 PM
anyone have a link to his post game interview??? I guess something was said that teppo should be suspended for a month! I wanna hear the baby cry about the refs again!

Ebenezer
04-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Every coach tries to get a little edge for their team but Nolan is going a little too far.

Typ0
04-18-2007, 10:30 PM
all of the Isles must be extreemly frustrated. They have played very well and have been beated. this has been a very good series for the Sabres.

Ebenezer
04-18-2007, 10:36 PM
all of the Isles must be extreemly frustrated. They have played very well and have been beated. this has been a very good series for the Sabres.
I agree...if the Sabres score the first goal on Friday the series is over.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
anyone have a link to his post game interview??? I guess something was said that teppo should be suspended for a month! I wanna hear the baby cry about the refs again!

http://www.wgrz.com/video/Sportsvplayer.aspx?aid=26411&bw=
enjoy

chernobylwraiths
04-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Can't blame the guy after losing the last two games because of disputed goals. ALL coaches are like this.

mchurchfie
04-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Typical Nolan...we against the world approach. That **** gets old after awhile.:rolleyes:

clumping platelets
04-19-2007, 04:07 AM
1-800-TNCRIES

don137
04-19-2007, 05:21 AM
The ref blew the whistle because of Miller had the puck and when the Islander player knocked Miller into the net the puck went in with it. The Islanders should be lucky no penalty was called. How do the feel they got a raw deal. I wouldn't even call it we got the breaks because IMO there was nothing disputable about the call.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Hasn't he always cried and whined?

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 08:53 AM
The ref blew the whistle because of Miller had the puck and when the Islander player knocked Miller into the net the puck went in with it. The Islanders should be lucky no penalty was called. How do the feel they got a raw deal. I wouldn't even call it we got the breaks because IMO there was nothing disputable about the call.

exactly- if the goalie has the puck and you shove the goalie into the net, it's not a goal.

THATHURMANATOR
04-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Guys if that call had gone against us we would have been throwing an absolute fit. Just the way it is. That was a very close call and could easily gone either way!

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2007, 08:57 AM
EVERYTHING IS GOING OUR WAY FOR ONCE, *****ES!!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-19-2007, 08:58 AM
The planets are Aligned!

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Guys if that call had gone against us we would have been throwing an absolute fit. Just the way it is. That was a very close call and could easily gone either way!

at the moment I'd be mad, but when you look at it after the fact, there is no indication that the puck went off of an Islander stick or anything else that would have made the play legal- the only thing that forced the puck into the net was the momentum of the player hitting Miller and that's not a legal goal.

And anyway, in the long run it's irrelevant because the Islanders gave up a sloppy goal on a defensive zone turnover.

THATHURMANATOR
04-19-2007, 09:03 AM
at the moment I'd be mad, but when you look at it after the fact, there is no indication that the puck went off of an Islander stick or anything else that would have made the play legal- the only thing that forced the puck into the net was the momentum of the player hitting Miller and that's not a legal goal.

And anyway, in the long run it's irrelevant because the Islanders gave up a sloppy goal on a defensive zone turnover.
Not saying you personally Op but people in Buffalo in general would have thrown and absolute fit.

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Not saying you personally Op but people in Buffalo in general would have thrown and absolute fit.
Like :fat:

He would blow a gasket.

THATHURMANATOR
04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Like :fat:

He would blow a gasket.
Don't even get me started on that Bandwagon jumper!!!!

Typ0
04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
he might be whining...but he's right that was a goal and they were robbed.

mchurchfie
04-19-2007, 10:44 AM
EVERYTHING IS GOING OUR WAY FOR ONCE, *****ES!!!
:hi5::hump:

mchurchfie
04-19-2007, 10:45 AM
he might be whining...but he's right that was a goal and they were robbed.
Bull****!! Just like he was right the night before about ours not being a goal? Nolan needs to stop http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/smiley_abve.gif

MikeInRoch
04-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Is there any picture or video that shows the puck over the line BEFORE Miller is pushed in? Not that I've seen. And if not, then the correct call is 'no goal'.

A couple quotes from an Islander board...

"Sometimes a game comes down to hunger. Last night the refs just wanted it more."

"I knew this would be a "David and Goliath" type series... Just didn't expect David to be held down by a couple zebras while Goliath kicks him in the nuts..."

chernobylwraiths
04-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Is there any picture or video that shows the puck over the line BEFORE Miller is pushed in? Not that I've seen. And if not, then the correct call is 'no goal'.

A couple quotes from an Islander board...

Strange, but the Islander feed FSN (Fox Sports New York?) showed a view of an Islander (maybe Satan) poking at the puck as it was on the line BEFORE any Islander touched Miller. GR 550 has been talking about it all morning saying the Islanders got screwed. Not that it was a goal, but because the official blew the whistle and negated it when it should have counted.

That said, getting screwed is a ***** and we know it. The "better" teams always seem to get the breaks. It feels good to finally be the "better" team.

don137
04-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Brian Engloom from VS said the rule is when the referee loses sight of the puck the play is over from the moment the referee thinks in his mind to blow the whistle and not when the whistle is actually blown. The puck was under Miller, the referee lost sight of the puck and the whistle was then blown as Miller was knocked into the net.
On a side note, even if the referee was able to see it under Miller and it was not controlled are you able to knock into the goalie at any time during the play? Basically, from what NY is saying that the puck was loose and the Islander hit it and it crossed the line but in the process hit the goalie while it is happening, is that legal? I am asking and not trying to be a wise a$$.

mchurchfie
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Seems like it would be goalie interference to me. Besides not getting the goal, they should have gotten a penalty also, though it didn't matter 30 seconds later anyways.:snicker:

SabreEleven
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
The Islanders are barking up the wrong tree if they want sympathy from the Sabres and Sabre Fans about disputes goals in the playoffs.

Our ass still hurt from all the ass ****ings we have received over the years...We have a list as long as my johnson and that's pretty long.

RockStar36
04-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I think it is pretty plain and simple. The ref blew the play dead, a group of players slammed into Miller, then the puck went in. The ref immediately waved no goal. And this argument doesn't matter anyways since the Islanders pretty much gave up right after.

mchurchfie
04-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Nolan knows he came into a gunfight with a butterknife so he has resorted to whining and posturing.:wail: What else is new with him.

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Strange, but the Islander feed FSN (Fox Sports New York?) showed a view of an Islander (maybe Satan) poking at the puck as it was on the line BEFORE any Islander touched Miller. GR 550 has been talking about it all morning saying the Islanders got screwed. Not that it was a goal, but because the official blew the whistle and negated it when it should have counted.

That said, getting screwed is a ***** and we know it. The "better" teams always seem to get the breaks. It feels good to finally be the "better" team.

You might be able to make the argument that the ref blew the whistle too early, but the way they explained it on Versus made it sound like the ref did the right thing.

If I were an Islander fan I might feel screwed, but the only way that was a legal goal was if it was a) directly off an Islander stick or b)bobbled by Miller. Unfortunately, the puck was underneath Miller so there was no way to see if it crossed the line before Miller was pushed. The refs don't have X-ray vision- hell, we know full well that the refs' vision is barely adequate even when they have an unobstructed view of the play. It was bad luck for the Islanders that the puck wasn't visible, but it seems like it was the right call. There was no replay that showed the puck in the net before Miller was pushed.

pyrrhonist
04-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Can't blame the guy after losing the last two games because of disputed goals. ALL coaches are like this.

No doubt. I can understand he probably feels like the way the last 2 games ended were crap, but hey, life goes on. As has been said by some of the other more level-headed people in this thread, we know, as Sabre fans, what it feels like to get jobbed. I don't think Nolan is coming off anywhere near as whiny as Smyth has in the series.

The moral of last night's game reminds us---What Toronto says, goes.