PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sick Of Hearing Theese Phrases

Talk0fNewYork
04-19-2007, 08:46 AM
He's Not A Character Guy
Donte Whitner beat his girl last year, yet he's still on the team.

We Have So Many Holes To Fill
No We Don't We Just Need Our Players To Step Up And Make Plays

We're All Gay Together
Yes You Are!

JJamezz
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I don't mind the 'character guy' statement, its the 'He's not a MARV guy' that pisses me off.. The implication being that Marv & Co. have set some crazy standard that is higher than any other team in the league, and that because of this we somehow have a smaller pool of talent to choose from than the rest of the league... Silly.

A team either values character, or it does not - the Bills aren't taking guys off their draft board because they weren't in their church choir, or president of the chess club..

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
No We Don't We Just Need Our Players To Step Up And Make Plays

This statement shows a complete misunderstanding of the caliber of talent we currently have. A lot of the guys we have simply aren't good enough to step up.

gr8slayer
04-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm getting tired of the "character guy" thing. They are paid to play football not be model citizens.

jamesiscool
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
A team either values character, or it does not - the Bills aren't taking guys off their draft board because they weren't in their church choir, or president of the chess club..

I SANG IN THE CHURCH CHOIR!!!! CAN I PLAY FOOTBALL FOR THE BILLS!!!!!!!!

no but seriously i understand teh valuing character thing. marv doesn't want to build the bengals.

He's too old for all these kids with their spinners on their "caddy's and dope smoking.

TacklingDummy
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
The Super Bowl teams had alot of questionable "character" guys on those teams. The thing is, they produced and character can be overlooked.

Randy Moss or TO in a Bills uniform would be the most sold Bills jersey.

So when people say "Marv wants players with character", I laugh to myself. Like Marv really cared about character when he was coach.

The King
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I am now dumber.

TacklingDummy
04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I am now dumber.

NOTICE - READ BEFORE POSTING HERE: This is the holy grail of Bills forums. We talk about the Bills and the NFL in here. If you can not post without personal insults, getting off topic, posting expressly to incite other posters, and repeatedly posting the same crap over and over, you may be restricted from posting in this forum without notice. We have rededicated ourselves to policing this forum with a vengeance. If you feel the need to slam others or talk smack, we have other forums available for exactly that purpose. Remember, you are not bigger than the Buffalo Bills. Let's talk football!

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm getting tired of the "character guy" thing. They are paid to play football not be model citizens.

Just the other day you posted about how bad you thought it was that Okoye "tried" weed once.

While I'm not condoning illegal activities, weed is as or more prevalent in our society than alcohol, and just as easy to get your hands on.

That being said, I just hope we dont draft some dillhole like McGahee, Ricky, Randy Moss, or anyone else that distracts our team because we have a chance to be good, and I dont want anything to mess that up.

gr8slayer
04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Just the other day you posted about how bad you thought it was that Okoye "tried" weed once.

While I'm not condoning illegal activities, weed is as or more prevalent in our society than alcohol, and just as easy to get your hands on.

That being said, I just hope we dont draft some dillhole like McGahee, Ricky, Randy Moss, or anyone else that distracts our team because we have a chance to be good, and I dont want anything to mess that up.
Guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm. My point in starting that thread was to take a shot at this "Marv guy/character guy" crap.

Actually, it looks like TD was the only one that picked up on the sarcasm :snicker:

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm. My point in starting that thread was to take a shot at this "Marv guy/character guy" crap.

Actually, it looks like TD was the only one that picked up on the sarcasm :snicker:

well idk if you're just CYA or what, but if not then i responded in the other thread in a similar way...:oops:

still, you did maintain how bad it was.

gr8slayer
04-19-2007, 10:12 AM
well idk if you're just CYA or what, but if not then i responded in the other thread in a similar way...:oops:

still, you did maintain how bad it was.
I don't agree with people who use weed, but it shouldn't stop a team from drafting a guy.

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't agree with people who use weed, but it shouldn't stop a team from drafting a guy.

i concur

TigerJ
04-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Sometimes character should be considered. Sometimes it should be overlooked. Eric Moulds had off field character issues, but it did not as far as I know affect his play on the field. I think Willis McGahee's character issues did affect his play on the field. I'm not talking about the fact that he liked to bang girls, but the fact that he didn't bother to learn his playbook is not healthy for a team, and almost certainly affected his productivity. Then you've got Pacman Jones. He's not going to help his team very much this coming season. It's just another area where a GM has to exercise good judgement since there are times when character affects what happens on the field, and sometimes it doesn't.

On "holes to fill." Buffalo has at best two starting caliber linebackers. It's not the fault of Josh Stamer or Mario Haggan that they don't have enough ability. That is a hole.

I don't make or pay attention to "gay" comments.