X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

TGOJK unofficial potential bust list

These are the guys that I can see beeing busts in the NFL.

Of course, they all can become stars.

4. Alan Branch, DT, Michigan - Branch may just be a product of a good defensive system set up by Ron English. Michigan had a very good defensive line last year and when Michigan played the top teams with good interior O-linemen, the DTs got dominated. Not only Branch, but Terrance Taylor. Branch has already been labeled as lazy and that is a label that will carry you through your early career.

3. Chris Houston, CB, Houston - This will be an interesting pick. Houston looks like he could be the best corner in the draft, but he did struggle against teams last year. He is definitely a product of having a great combine. He will need to be coached right and could be a great corner, but if he doesn't land in the right situation he will be a bust.

2. Ted Ginn, Jr, WR, Ohio State - There is no doubt that Ginn is fast and elusive. The problem I have is that he really isn't a good WR. Sure he can run fast down the field and catch passes, but I don't think he can do the other things necessary for a WR to succeed. I also think he is small and possibly fragile. There is no question he was a great college football player, I just don't know if that will translate into the NFL. He could be a good return guy and possibly a good compliment to another WR, but taking him in the first round might be to high.

1. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame - I have watch every throw by Brady Quinn from his senior. I taped every game from Notre Dame last season and put together a DVD of every Quinn throw. I will say it right now, he has a lot of trouble throwing to his left. Regardless of that, Quinn is not accurate throwing long. As a matter of fact 75% of his throws were 10 yards or less. I also believe he was helped by having Jeff Smarzda (sp?) catching his overthrows. In big games, like Michigan, Quinn was horrible. And in the NFL, every game is a big game. Of course he doesn have two positives, he is a smart kid and he is coming from a good coach. Quinn will have to be put on the right team and situation to succeed. This will all depend on where he goes, but as of right now I just can't see him being a good NFL QB.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: TGOJK unofficial potential bust list

i can see branch eat and color his way out of the NFL.i think the other guys will be average.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
      Veteran Zoner
      • Apr 2007

man, everybody is down on Brady Quinn.

I hope he doesnt go to Miami,I'll tell you that much.

The other three I totally agree with.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Nice list man.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
        X