If the Bills are really targeting Peterson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

If the Bills are really targeting Peterson...

why would they make the information so public? They're just begging someone ahead of them to take him, or for some other team to jump ahead of them via a trade if he's still there around 9 or 10.

I smell a misdirection play.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: If the Bills are really targeting Peterson...

Everything a team does is misdirection.

Comment

• Jersey1031
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
      Everything a team does is misdirection.

Maybe they are trying to misdirect, so everyone knows they are misdirecting so we can get him, thus they are misdirecting with a misdirection....
      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
        • Apr 2007

What makes you believe they're so explicitly targeting him, or rather that they're announcing it? Modrak essentially said that he was an elite prospect, which he is- but everybody knows and believes that. I don't know what exactly you're referring to then- mocks that have the Bills moving up to get him? I have yet to see anything that originated from the Bills that indicated a compulsion to move up and take him. They would certainly take him at twelve, and I think they might actually consider a trade-up to six because a 1st and 2nd might get it down for a Redskins' team starving for draft picks (none until the 5th round after they pick sixth). But I'm basing that on intuition and a bit of optimism; I'm certainly not basing it off of anything that stemmed from the Bills' front-office.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Midwesternbillsfan
          What makes you believe they're so explicitly targeting him, or rather that they're announcing it? Modrak essentially said that he was an elite prospect, which he is- but everybody knows and believes that. I don't know what exactly you're referring to then- mocks that have the Bills moving up to get him? I have yet to see anything that originated from the Bills that indicated a compulsion to move up and take him. They would certainly take him at twelve, and I think they might actually consider a trade-up to six because a 1st and 2nd might get it down for a Redskins' team starving for draft picks (none until the 5th round after they pick sixth). But I'm basing that on intuition and a bit of optimism; I'm certainly not basing it off of anything that stemmed from the Bills' front-office.

Another thing is, no one even really knows for sure if the Raiders are going for either Russell or Johnson. It get's more confusing with the teams below them.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

"elite prospect" is strong terminology. There are ways of complimenting a guy without going to that extent. And it was also leaked that he was #1 on the Bills draft board- if that's the case I think the Bills would have the clamps on a little tighter.

Maybe they want someone to jump ahead of them for Peterson to increase the chances someone else they want will still be there, or maybe it's posturing for a Turner deal.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
              Veteran Zoner
              • Apr 2007

AP is a pipe dream.

we have as good a chance at him dropping to us as Brick did last year.. remember all the "if they dont take him" Brick talk last draft? Well, AP is this year's brick and he AINT falling far if at all.. certainly not to #12.

he's simply too good of a player.

OP- Turn your attentions to Willis, Beason or Lynch; because one of those three will be a Buffalo Bill.

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                "elite prospect" is strong terminology. There are ways of complimenting a guy without going to that extent. And it was also leaked that he was #1 on the Bills draft board- if that's the case I think the Bills would have the clamps on a little tighter.

Maybe they want someone to jump ahead of them for Peterson to increase the chances someone else they want will still be there, or maybe it's posturing for a Turner deal.
                Allegedly, KFAN in Minneapolis (of all stations, of all places) said that he is #1 on our draft-board- I don't know if that's enough to warrant the statement that we're releasing our interest in him. And ironically the source that you're using to suggest we're divulging how we feel about him to misdirect teams actually says that he's #1 on the board? Either it's not true and the source is instantly discredited OR the source has credibility and he's actually #1 on the board!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

OR the source has credibility and he's actually #1 on the board!

that's exactly what I'm saying- if the source has credibility, WHY would they make this information public? Someone who has enough credibility to say this would also presumably be someone who wouldn't announce it publically unless he had the FO's blessing.

Something doesn't add up.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Neggie Nancy
                    AP is a pipe dream.

we have as good a chance at him dropping to us as Brick did last year.. remember all the "if they dont take him" Brick talk last draft? Well, AP is this year's brick and he AINT falling far if at all.. certainly not to #12.

OP- Turn your attentions to Willis, Beason or Lynch; because one of those three will be a Buffalo Bill.
                    This is spot-on. The chances of AP falling to us is extremely low. Low enough that the Bills believe they have no chance. This is why I think Modrak was so effusive in his praise for AP. It's just not going to happen.

God give me style and give me grace
                    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Neggie Nancy
                      AP is a pipe dream.

Obviously, it would require trading up, and the Redskins would be viable candidates. If the front-office has compunctions about taking Lynch at twelve or just absolutely won't do it, as your post yesterday certainly intimated, once you consider taking Willis may itself require a trade up (the Falcons, Dolphins, and 49ers all have to at least consider him because of need and his strong value), I think I'd rather the Bills move up to #6 for Peterson than take Paul Posluszny or Jon Beason. I realize that means no second, but if we take a RB in the 1st (whomever it is), I don't know if there will be a good LB at 43 we couldn't have at 74, anyway. If we're interested in him, MLB David Harris could go 42, or one pick ahead of us to the 49ers (if they don't take Willis in the first). But Stewart Bradley, Tim Shaw, Quincy Black, etc., etc., very conceivably will be around in the third. They're definite down-grades, I'm not even going to classify them otherwise. Peterson has bonafide Hall of Fame ability- it's certainly worth considering.

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                        This is spot-on. The chances of AP falling to us is extremely low. Low enough that the Bills believe they have no chance. This is why I think Modrak was so effusive in his praise for AP. It's just not going to happen.
                        I don't know that they did; I don't know if to believe KFAN in Minneapolis. I read the post about it, but honestly, that doesn't have to necessarily be gospel.

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
                          Veteran Zoner
                          • Apr 2007

Obviously, it would require trading up, and the Redskins would be viable candidates. If the front-office has compunctions about taking Lynch at twelve or just absolutely won't do it, as your post yesterday certainly intimated, once you consider taking Willis may itself require a trade up (the Falcons, Dolphins, and 49ers all have to at least consider him because of need and his strong value), I think I'd rather the Bills move up to #6 for Peterson than take Paul Posluszny or Jon Beason. I realize that means no second, but if we take a RB in the 1st (whomever it is), I don't know if there will be a good LB at 43 we couldn't have at 74, anyway. If we're interested in him, MLB David Harris could go 42, or one pick ahead of us to the 49ers (if they don't take Willis in the first). But Stewart Bradley, Tim Shaw, Quincy Black, etc., etc., very conceivably will be around in the third. They're definite down-grades, I'm not even going to classify them otherwise. Peterson has bonafide Hall of Fame ability- it's certainly worth considering.
                          I 100% agree.

Id rather have the franchise player with our high pick.. If Levy and them can show last year was no fluke, we can get plenty of help in the later rounds anyway.

There isnt a RB like AP in every draft and even if there was; if you're consistently in position to draft him, then its time to dismantle your football team becuase everybody from the players to the FO is sucking.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                            • Jul 2002

I don't know that they did; I don't know if to believe KFAN in Minneapolis. I read the post about it, but honestly, that doesn't have to necessarily be gospel.
                            I agree that I'm not sure about the report that AP is #1 on our big board. I was speaking for the comments that came directly from Modrak that called AP an elite prospect.

God give me style and give me grace
                            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                              I agree that I'm not sure about the report that AP is #1 on our big board. I was speaking for the comments that came directly from Modrak that called AP an elite prospect.
                              Well, I guess I read into that the same as if he had called the Pope Catholic and said that the sky was blue- it's essentially saying the same thing, verbalizing what's already obvious. And if he was truly trying to misdirect, why would he be so complimentary? He'd downplay and deemphasize his feelings about Peterson as a player, not that anyone would believe him- anyone with any football acumen knows that Peterson is a talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X