• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Mitch Mustain to transfer to USC

Former Arkansas quarterback Mitch Mustain plans to transfer to USC in the second week of May, sources close to the quarterback said Wednesday night.

Sources: Mustain to transfer to USC

By Joe Schad
    Special to ESPN.com

Former Arkansas quarterback Mitch Mustain plans to transfer to USC in the second week of May, sources close to the quarterback said Wednesday night.
    Mustain has attended USC's spring game and practices and is currently attending classes at Arkansas, where the semester ends May 8.
    Mustain, considered by some the nation's top recruit before last season, enrolled at Arkansas in large part because coach Houston Nutt hired Mustain's high school coach, Gus Malzahn, as offensive coordinator.
    But Arkansas didn't utilized Malzahn's no-huddle, spread offense and he left for Tulsa, where he'll be co-offensive coordinator. Mustain, who was benched at the end of last season, then announced his intention to transfer.
    Arkansas won the SEC West last season and began 10-1 before losing the final three games of the season.
    This week Nutt released a statement denying rumors he was pursuing other jobs and did not promptly respond to hate e-mail sent to Mustain. He also denied a rumor that he had an affair with a local television anchor.
    Joe Schad is a national college football reporter for ESPN.

I thought that this was prett interesting. He was a top recruit coming out of High School and now he could possibly be on the bench until his senior season.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Mitch Mustain to transfer to USC

I seen that today, Darren McFaddon must be taking offensive plays away from him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

******ed move but what the hell happened to Tulsa?
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Brandon
        • Apr 2004

My opinion as a Razorback fan? Good riddance. He couldn't beat out Casey Dick to begin the season, couldn't hang onto the job once Casey Dick was benched, then became a major distraction to the team in the period leading up to the bowl game vs Wisconsin along with some of his former Springdale High teammates and, more importantly, their parents.

WR Damian Williams also transferred a few months ago.

Good luck, USC. You're gonna need it.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          ******ed move but what the hell happened to Tulsa?
          well i guess just like everyone else he saw USC as a better oppurtunity

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

He's a spread offense quarterback. He should transfer to Hawaii, where he could break some records.

Jon

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

he will only see the field in garbage time at SC they already are 3 deep at QB

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by I love L.A.
                he will only see the field in garbage time at SC they already are 3 deep at QB
                well then i guess it was a bad decision by him....even if he doesn't play a down in college someone will take a chance on him in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                X