PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV is SCREWING us on HD Hockey

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 05:43 PM
DirecTV does not carry VS in HD, but they sometimes show the HD games on channel 95.

Tomorrow, for the SECOND game in a row, they are showing REGULAR SEASON baseball instead of PLAYOFF hockey on Channel 95, and to make matters worse, the baseball game is only available to Extra Innings subscribers.

This **** is pissing me off.

Any other DirecTV subscribers- contact them here and let them know how you feel:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/howToReachUs.jsp

LtFinFan66
04-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Op complaining about no HD :shocked:

In 5-6 months I may understand your heartache Op

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Op complaining about no HD :shocked:

In 5-6 months I may understand your heartache Op

the Fins are on CBS so you'll be just as screwed as we are. I think we got 6 games in HD last year.

Mitchy moo
04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
DirecTV does not carry VS in HD, but they sometimes show the HD games on channel 95.

Tomorrow, for the SECOND game in a row, they are showing REGULAR SEASON baseball instead of PLAYOFF hockey on Channel 95, and to make matters worse, the baseball game is only available to Extra Innings subscribers.

This **** is pissing me off.

Any other DirecTV subscribers- contact them here and let them know how you feel:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/howToReachUs.jsp

Actually the Sabres we're on channel 94 in HD.

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Actually the Sabres we're on channel 94 in HD.

they weren't last night. It said "To Be Announced" and I checked it several times just to be sure and it was dead air.

BAM
04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't complain too much about not having VS HD... Sure it sucks now but you can only watch so much freekin' GOLF if any... lol

You're welcome to come over to my house tomorrow night, Op! A case of Yuengling been chilling in there all week as well as 12 pack of Sol and 12 pack of Harp. :hungry:

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't complain too much about not having VS HD... Sure it sucks now but you can only watch so much freekin' GOLF if any... lol

You're welcome to come over to my house tomorrow night, Op! A case of Yuengling been chilling in there all week as well as 12 pack of Sol and 12 pack of Harp. :hungry:

thanks for the invite but it's at least a 3 hour drive- probably a lot more in traffic- I don't get out of work until 5 so I wouldn't be able to make it for the 7 pm start.

Ebenezer
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
just watch the damn game and enjoy...for pete's sake...like all the fans during the SB run that used to complain that we didn't have a jumbotron...it's the game that matters.

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 08:49 PM
just watch the damn game and enjoy...for pete's sake...like all the fans during the SB run that used to complain that we didn't have a jumbotron...it's the game that matters.

What also matters is that I paid a lot of money for an HD set, HD receiver and HD service and I'm not getting what I paid for.

Ebenezer
04-19-2007, 08:52 PM
What also matters is that I paid a lot of money for an HD set, HD receiver and HD service and I'm not getting what I paid for.
you paid for what you got...you were not promised availability to every HD broadcast in the world or that everything would be broadcast in HD right now.

OpIv37
04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
you paid for what you got...you were not promised availability to every HD broadcast in the world or that everything would be broadcast in HD right now.

if DirecTV is choosing to show a broadcast of a baseball game that I can't even get because I don't subscribe to extra innings over a hockey game that I could get, I'm getting ripped off. They're choosing to show HD to a portion of their HD customers who also subscribe to Extra Innings instead of ALL their HD customers. That's a jack.

BAM
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
thanks for the invite but it's at least a 3 hour drive- probably a lot more in traffic- I don't get out of work until 5 so I wouldn't be able to make it for the 7 pm start.

No worries. Go Sabres!

:beers:

Mitchy moo
04-19-2007, 10:03 PM
if DirecTV is choosing to show a broadcast of a baseball game that I can't even get because I don't subscribe to extra innings over a hockey game that I could get, I'm getting ripped off. They're choosing to show HD to a portion of their HD customers who also subscribe to Extra Innings instead of ALL their HD customers. That's a jack.

I hope you get to like 13 more non-HD broadcasts that are sabres wins.

Ebenezer
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Did you ever think that all the technology is not in place? Think about how the first car owners must have complained when most of the roads were dirt.

Mitchy moo
04-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Did you ever think that all the technology is not in place? Think about how the first car owners must have complained when most of the roads were dirt.

or how the first train owners had no rails.

OpIv37
04-20-2007, 08:24 AM

The technology is in place because they have STREAMED OTHER VERSUS HD BROADCASTS ON CHANNEL 95. And even if it wasn't, there is no excuse for the technology not being in placy- its 2007. As far as the car analogy, you can get an HD set for $500 these days, so we at least should be up to the Model T days- there were plenty of passable roads by that time.

OpIv37
04-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I hope you get to like 13 more non-HD broadcasts that are sabres wins.

I'll take the wins over the HD but I'd rather have both.

OpIv37
04-20-2007, 05:40 PM
****ing 94 and 95 are both showing ****ing REGULAR SEASON BASEBALL over PLAYOFF HOCKEY.

**** DirecTV.

Typ0
04-20-2007, 06:31 PM

how is that relevant? the games are being broadcast in HD so the technology is obviously in place.

Dozerdog
04-20-2007, 06:36 PM
No HD covrage on cable either. Maybe there is no HD broadcasting of this game period.

OpIv37
04-20-2007, 06:47 PM
No HD covrage on cable either. Maybe there is no HD broadcasting of this game period.

It may not be- usually they show the "Available in VS HD" logo at the bottom of the screen when it is.

But, of course, that begs the question: why not? VS obviously has the equipment because they've been showing HD games.

Typ0
04-20-2007, 06:48 PM
maybe they have the equipment in NY but not Buffalo right now.

BAM
04-21-2007, 09:07 AM
It was definitely on Versus HD. I watched it! As were all the other games from the first round. (Except Game 1)