• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

DirecTV is SCREWING us on HD Hockey

DirecTV does not carry VS in HD, but they sometimes show the HD games on channel 95.

Tomorrow, for the SECOND game in a row, they are showing REGULAR SEASON baseball instead of PLAYOFF hockey on Channel 95, and to make matters worse, the baseball game is only available to Extra Innings subscribers.

This **** is pissing me off.

Any other DirecTV subscribers- contact them here and let them know how you feel:
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: DirecTV is SCREWING us on HD Hockey

Op complaining about no HD

In 5-6 months I may understand your heartache Op

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
      Op complaining about no HD

In 5-6 months I may understand your heartache Op
      the Fins are on CBS so you'll be just as screwed as we are. I think we got 6 games in HD last year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        DirecTV does not carry VS in HD, but they sometimes show the HD games on channel 95.

Tomorrow, for the SECOND game in a row, they are showing REGULAR SEASON baseball instead of PLAYOFF hockey on Channel 95, and to make matters worse, the baseball game is only available to Extra Innings subscribers.

This **** is pissing me off.

Any other DirecTV subscribers- contact them here and let them know how you feel:
        http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/howToReachUs.jsp
        Actually the Sabres we're on channel 94 in HD.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          Actually the Sabres we're on channel 94 in HD.
          they weren't last night. It said "To Be Announced" and I checked it several times just to be sure and it was dead air.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

I wouldn't complain too much about not having VS HD... Sure it sucks now but you can only watch so much freekin' GOLF if any... lol

You're welcome to come over to my house tomorrow night, Op! A case of Yuengling been chilling in there all week as well as 12 pack of Sol and 12 pack of Harp.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
              I wouldn't complain too much about not having VS HD... Sure it sucks now but you can only watch so much freekin' GOLF if any... lol

You're welcome to come over to my house tomorrow night, Op! A case of Yuengling been chilling in there all week as well as 12 pack of Sol and 12 pack of Harp.
              thanks for the invite but it's at least a 3 hour drive- probably a lot more in traffic- I don't get out of work until 5 so I wouldn't be able to make it for the 7 pm start.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

just watch the damn game and enjoy...for pete's sake...like all the fans during the SB run that used to complain that we didn't have a jumbotron...it's the game that matters.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  just watch the damn game and enjoy...for pete's sake...like all the fans during the SB run that used to complain that we didn't have a jumbotron...it's the game that matters.
                  What also matters is that I paid a lot of money for an HD set, HD receiver and HD service and I'm not getting what I paid for.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

What also matters is that I paid a lot of money for an HD set, HD receiver and HD service and I'm not getting what I paid for.
                    you paid for what you got...you were not promised availability to every HD broadcast in the world or that everything would be broadcast in HD right now.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

you paid for what you got...you were not promised availability to every HD broadcast in the world or that everything would be broadcast in HD right now.
                      if DirecTV is choosing to show a broadcast of a baseball game that I can't even get because I don't subscribe to extra innings over a hockey game that I could get, I'm getting ripped off. They're choosing to show HD to a portion of their HD customers who also subscribe to Extra Innings instead of ALL their HD customers. That's a jack.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

thanks for the invite but it's at least a 3 hour drive- probably a lot more in traffic- I don't get out of work until 5 so I wouldn't be able to make it for the 7 pm start.
                        No worries. Go Sabres!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

if DirecTV is choosing to show a broadcast of a baseball game that I can't even get because I don't subscribe to extra innings over a hockey game that I could get, I'm getting ripped off. They're choosing to show HD to a portion of their HD customers who also subscribe to Extra Innings instead of ALL their HD customers. That's a jack.
                          I hope you get to like 13 more non-HD broadcasts that are sabres wins.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Did you ever think that all the technology is not in place? Think about how the first car owners must have complained when most of the roads were dirt.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Did you ever think that all the technology is not in place? Think about how the first car owners must have complained when most of the roads were dirt.
                              or how the first train owners had no rails.

Comment

Working...
                              X