04-19-2007, 07:49 PM
1. OAK-Russell
2. DET-Johnson
3. CLE-Quinn
4. TB-Thomas
5. ARZ-Adams
6. WSH-ON THE CLOCK

Situation:
Adrian Peterson has begun to fall, and Washington is desperate to move down and you as the Bills are in prime posistion.

Question: Do you make the deal?

Value wise it would cost you;
12 overall, 2nd (1670) for 6th overall, and 5th (1636)

Either you get AP, or you risk the rest of the draft praying Willis falls, or Lynch is your guy.

What do you do here and in subsequent rounds??

Discuss!

SquishDaFish
04-19-2007, 07:56 PM
If they take 1st,3rd and 3rd next year then yea trade. But not for our 1st and 2nd. If it had to be 1st and 2nd stay put and hope he continues to slide or Willis slides. If neither then Lynch is the man.

DraftBoy
04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
If they take 1st,3rd and 3rd next year then yea trade. But not for our 1st and 2nd. If it had to be 1st and 2nd stay put and hope he continues to slide or Willis slides. If neither then Lynch is the man.

Your option is the trade I proposed or no deal

Elminster
04-19-2007, 08:02 PM
No deal. Peterson has enough question marks to him that I'm not willing to part with anything more than the #12 pick for him....

Neggie Nancy
04-19-2007, 08:04 PM
I make the deal....

I take the best two LB's in round three with my draft picks.. And the best WR/KR in round four.

AP is TOO GOOD to not go after. Potentially, he's a top three RB in the NFL and he'd make our defense better by keeping the offense out longer, not to mention scoring more points.

I see what my young guys got on defense this year and I land myself 1-2 premium defensive FA's next year where needed.

In the meantime, you have a franchise RB to go with a franchise WR and a blossoming QB

camelcowboy
04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Deal, and anyone that wants to give up a first next year is not very intelligent. I say do it. we have to thirds we can move back into the second. Ap is going to be a stud.

Ed
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm not opposed to trading for Peterson at all and I'd likely end up taking the deal, especially with the 5th thrown in there, but I'd also be tempted to wait. I don't think Washington would draft him and I'm not sure if any other team would be willing to move up to #6 considering it would cost them even more picks then us point wise. I don't see Minnesota grabbing him either. They've got good depth at RB and other needs. I know people think Atlanta is a strong possibility to grab him, but didn't they lead the league in rushing last year? They've got a decent young guy, I forget his name, Dunn, and the best rushing QB in the game. There's no way Miami takes him at #9 having Ronnie Brown, and with 10 picks right now, I don't see them needing or wanting to trade down. From 6-11 Houston is probably the most likely to want Peterson, but they have a lot of needs too and have a decent amount of money already invested in the RB position. So I'd offer them our #12 and a 3rd round pick and see if they bite. If not, hope that they pass on Peterson knowing that SF will also pass.

More then likely though, I make the trade with Washington knowing that if I pass up the opportunity to get him, I'd most likely regret it.

ShadowHawk7
04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
No way he gets past Houston. They passed on Bush before and they won't make that mistake again. That or someone else (Pack, Titans) will trade up in front of us. I would try and swing a deal w/ Miami at 9 personally. But given this scenario, I'd have to stick w/ my picks and hopefully grab Willis at 12, followed by Pittman at 42.

I do, however like the idea of a 1st, a early 3rd and a 3rd next year for the 6th pick.

Tatonka
04-19-2007, 09:19 PM
no deal.. i dont give up the 2nd this year unless it is straight up for turner.

Philagape
04-19-2007, 09:20 PM
No deal.

camelcowboy
04-19-2007, 09:59 PM
No way he gets past Houston. They passed on Bush before and they won't make that mistake again. That or someone else (Pack, Titans) will trade up in front of us. I would try and swing a deal w/ Miami at 9 personally. But given this scenario, I'd have to stick w/ my picks and hopefully grab Willis at 12, followed by Pittman at 42.

I do, however like the idea of a 1st, a early 3rd and a 3rd next year for the 6th pick.

Houston won't take Peterson, they have alot of holes , and they have a stable of running backs. O-line D-end, corner, safety are all positions they will look at before running back. I don't think peterson gets by minnisota anyway. Washington is the trade.

jdbillsfan
04-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Deal

chubluv
04-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Its tempting, but I would say no deal. If they wanted one of the 3rds I would say yes. We need LB help also, and without our 2nd round pick I dont think we will get the help we need at the position.

jpdex12
04-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Houston won't take Peterson, they have alot of holes , and they have a stable of running backs. O-line D-end, corner, safety are all positions they will look at before running back. I don't think peterson gets by minnisota anyway. Washington is the trade.

CamelToe, we have a lot of holes too buddy! We should stay put or trade down a few.

camelcowboy
04-19-2007, 11:43 PM
CamelToe, we have a lot of holes too buddy! We should stay put or trade down a few. Oh yeah every player drafted in the second and third round should be a starter for your team, get real. If you like a player get him. If they feel AP is going to be a stud running back go get him. You have two third round picks you could fill holes with. You guys honestly believe that a second round pick is going to make a huge difference for this team? this team is 2-3 drafts away from contention. If you have a chance at getting a stud running back then that will make the team seem alot better especially behind our big o-line.

camelcowboy
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Bills position needs
Linebacker: Willis
eveyone else
Runningback: AP, Lynch, Turner.

If the bills have any of these players in the first couple picks ill be happy. Because after the top guys, all the rbs, and most of the linebackers are very simular. In my mind the linebacker/running back you could pick in the second won't be much better or different then the ones you can get in the third. So if they use a second to trade up, it won't bother me.

kernowboy
04-20-2007, 03:48 AM
No deal

We can draft Leonard in Round 2, and run by committee, until 2008. Moving up in 2007 for a RB is like playing full price a week before the sale of the century in 2008.

There is one franchise back in this draft - there are half a dozen in 2008 most of which have fewer concerns about them.

On another thread there is the option of trading with Denver and getting their 2 3rd rounders. That would give us 6 Day 1 picks which we can easily turn into a SLB (Posluzny), a hard nosed big RB (Leonard), move up for a No2 WR (Gonzalez) a CB (Wade) and maybe a LT to cover Peters if he gets injured (Free) leaving us on Day2 to grab the centre of the future (Datish)
a back up QB (Palko), a possible sleeper LB (Zalewski) and a true pile driving FB (Allen of VT)

Posluzny
Leonard
Gonzalez
Wade
Free
Datish
Palko
Zalewski
Allen

All of these players would add to the current roster.

alohabillsfan
04-20-2007, 04:51 AM
NO DEAL! We can get Turner for less! I can't fathom giving up picks, hell I would prefer sliding down and getting additional picks!

casdhf
04-20-2007, 05:05 AM
People ... we can't get Turner for less. Giving up our 2nd for Turner is more ... at least here we're sliding up 6 spots and get a 5th back

Night Train
04-20-2007, 05:21 AM
No deal. Only Charles Johnson is worth moving up from #12 and we won't do that.

Let the draft come to us.

YardRat
04-20-2007, 05:25 AM
No deal. Stay put and follow the board.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2007, 07:43 AM
No deal. It's too much to give.

TigerJ
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
If I understand the deal: swap first rounders, Washington gets Buffalo's 2nd pick, Buffalo gets Washington's 5th rounder, I think I might go for that. Incidently on another message board it was reported that Pro Football Talk has a mock out with Buffalo and Washington swapping firsts and Buffalo taking Peterson. I don't know what the terms are. In the same thread it's being reported that a Washington Post beat reporter talking on Rivals radio says there is already a trade deal in place for Washington and Buffalo to swap if Peterson is on the board at #6. Terms are less favorable to Buffalo though. Buffalo gives up a second this year, and a conditional 4th in 2008 that could escalate to a third. I definitely don't like that deal if true.

DraftBoy
04-20-2007, 09:45 AM
If I understand the deal: swap first rounders, Washington gets Buffalo's 2nd pick, Buffalo gets Washington's 5th rounder, I think I might go for that. Incidently on another message board it was reported that Pro Football Talk has a mock out with Buffalo and Washington swapping firsts and Buffalo taking Peterson. I don't know what the terms are. In the same thread it's being reported that a Washington Post beat reporter talking on Rivals radio says there is already a trade deal in place for Washington and Buffalo to swap if Peterson is on the board at #6. Terms are less favorable to Buffalo though. Buffalo gives up a second this year, and a conditional 4th in 2008 that could escalate to a third. I definitely don't like that deal if true.

Wouldnt surprise me any Tiger, but I wouldnt like this if its the case....

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Its tempting, but I would say no deal. If they wanted one of the 3rds I would say yes. We need LB help also, and without our 2nd round pick I dont think we will get the help we need at the position.
That's my hesitation too. We'd effectively be using our first and 2nd picks on a RB, and I think we need all the picks we can get.

But I think I'd make the deal. If he stays healthy he has the potential to be a top 5 back, and someone opposing defenses have to game plan for. While we'll probably get decent production out of A-Train/3rd round RB, those guys aren't likely to require the same kind of attention from DCs as Peterson. Moreover, and this is what pushes me over the edge, Buffalo needs some star power to fill seats and get back on the map and Peterson would bring it. Losman/Evans/Peterson would be a great talent nucleus for the offense for the next 5 years.

I'd then take a LB and CB in the 3rd round, and another LB in the 4th.

Since we'd have Washington's 5th rounder in your scenario, I'd look for Jacoby Jones if he's still on the board, and then maybe grab Matt Trannon as a pass-catching TE prospect in the 6 or 7.

we'd then be totally stoked at RB, have two decent prospects at LB, a decent prospect at CB, and some sleeper picks at WR and TE. That could be a pretty good draft.

jpdex12
04-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah every player drafted in the second and third round should be a starter for your team, get real. If you like a player get him. If they feel AP is going to be a stud running back go get him. You have two third round picks you could fill holes with. You guys honestly believe that a second round pick is going to make a huge difference for this team? this team is 2-3 drafts away from contention. If you have a chance at getting a stud running back then that will make the team seem alot better especially behind our big o-line.

What are you talking about? If you CAN afford to give away picks to trade up then do it. If you have holes to fill and depth to create then you don't have the ammo to trade up. We don't have the ammo. We need to fill holes. We need to create depth. When I said "trade down a few" I meant trade from like #12 to #21 and pick up a second rounder or two thirds. Not trade out of the first! Get real?

Not every player drafted in the first round is a starter. There's some news for you. Guess what? One of our first round picks last year never started ANY games in 2007. Oh yeah, we actually had a 4th, 5th and 6th rounder starting games for us last year.

camelcowboy
04-21-2007, 10:18 AM
What are you talking about? If you CAN afford to give away picks to trade up then do it. If you have holes to fill and depth to create then you don't have the ammo to trade up. We don't have the ammo. We need to fill holes. We need to create depth. When I said "trade down a few" I meant trade from like #12 to #21 and pick up a second rounder or two thirds. Not trade out of the first! Get real?

Not every player drafted in the first round is a starter. There's some news for you. Guess what? One of our first round picks last year never started ANY games in 2007. Oh yeah, we actually had a 4th, 5th and 6th rounder starting games for us last year.

You just proved my point mccargo didn't start he was depth. Ellison sixth round, Simpson fourth round, Williams 5th. Since this team can draft well in the later rounds im not going to lose any sleep if we were to trade up using our second rounder. We have two thirds, Peterson would be penciled in the starting line up till he leaves buffalo because we won't be able to pay him. A player at 43 may never see the field. Bottomline me or you are not running the bills draft you have your opinion that they should covet every pick like its the holy grail. I feel if they like a player why not trade up. Your entitled to your opinion, but keep in mind they have someone targeted at running back. Haven't signed brown, haven't traded for turner. Thank god all the specuatlion will be over in a week.

Night Train
04-22-2007, 07:22 AM

Wow !

Why do I suddenly have a feeling that plan #1 is to get either Peterson or Turner into a Bills uniform, with everything else being plan #2 and beyond ?

The Bills spent big $ on the OL and don't wish to settle at RB.