Draft Scenario IV

1. OAK-Russell
    2. DET-Johnson
    3. CLE-Quinn
    4. TB-Thomas
    5. ARZ-Adams
    6. WSH-ON THE CLOCK

Situation:
    Adrian Peterson has begun to fall, and Washington is desperate to move down and you as the Bills are in prime posistion.

Question: Do you make the deal?

Value wise it would cost you;
    12 overall, 2nd (1670) for 6th overall, and 5th (1636)

Either you get AP, or you risk the rest of the draft praying Willis falls, or Lynch is your guy.

What do you do here and in subsequent rounds??

Discuss!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Draft Scenario IV

If they take 1st,3rd and 3rd next year then yea trade. But not for our 1st and 2nd. If it had to be 1st and 2nd stay put and hope he continues to slide or Willis slides. If neither then Lynch is the man.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
      If they take 1st,3rd and 3rd next year then yea trade. But not for our 1st and 2nd. If it had to be 1st and 2nd stay put and hope he continues to slide or Willis slides. If neither then Lynch is the man.
      Your option is the trade I proposed or no deal
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Elminster
        #1 Kelsay Fan
        • Oct 2006

No deal. Peterson has enough question marks to him that I'm not willing to part with anything more than the #12 pick for him....
        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
          Veteran Zoner
          • Apr 2007

I make the deal....

I take the best two LB's in round three with my draft picks.. And the best WR/KR in round four.

AP is TOO GOOD to not go after. Potentially, he's a top three RB in the NFL and he'd make our defense better by keeping the offense out longer, not to mention scoring more points.

I see what my young guys got on defense this year and I land myself 1-2 premium defensive FA's next year where needed.

In the meantime, you have a franchise RB to go with a franchise WR and a blossoming QB

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Deal, and anyone that wants to give up a first next year is not very intelligent. I say do it. we have to thirds we can move back into the second. Ap is going to be a stud.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

I'm not opposed to trading for Peterson at all and I'd likely end up taking the deal, especially with the 5th thrown in there, but I'd also be tempted to wait. I don't think Washington would draft him and I'm not sure if any other team would be willing to move up to #6 considering it would cost them even more picks then us point wise. I don't see Minnesota grabbing him either. They've got good depth at RB and other needs. I know people think Atlanta is a strong possibility to grab him, but didn't they lead the league in rushing last year? They've got a decent young guy, I forget his name, Dunn, and the best rushing QB in the game. There's no way Miami takes him at #9 having Ronnie Brown, and with 10 picks right now, I don't see them needing or wanting to trade down. From 6-11 Houston is probably the most likely to want Peterson, but they have a lot of needs too and have a decent amount of money already invested in the RB position. So I'd offer them our #12 and a 3rd round pick and see if they bite. If not, hope that they pass on Peterson knowing that SF will also pass.

More then likely though, I make the trade with Washington knowing that if I pass up the opportunity to get him, I'd most likely regret it.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

No way he gets past Houston. They passed on Bush before and they won't make that mistake again. That or someone else (Pack, Titans) will trade up in front of us. I would try and swing a deal w/ Miami at 9 personally. But given this scenario, I'd have to stick w/ my picks and hopefully grab Willis at 12, followed by Pittman at 42.

I do, however like the idea of a 1st, a early 3rd and a 3rd next year for the 6th pick.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

no deal.. i dont give up the 2nd this year unless it is straight up for turner.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

No deal.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                      No way he gets past Houston. They passed on Bush before and they won't make that mistake again. That or someone else (Pack, Titans) will trade up in front of us. I would try and swing a deal w/ Miami at 9 personally. But given this scenario, I'd have to stick w/ my picks and hopefully grab Willis at 12, followed by Pittman at 42.

I do, however like the idea of a 1st, a early 3rd and a 3rd next year for the 6th pick.
                      Houston won't take Peterson, they have alot of holes , and they have a stable of running backs. O-line D-end, corner, safety are all positions they will look at before running back. I don't think peterson gets by minnisota anyway. Washington is the trade.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                        • Oct 2002

Deal

Comment

• chubluv
                          BillsZone bowling team MVP
                          • Jan 2003

Its tempting, but I would say no deal. If they wanted one of the 3rds I would say yes. We need LB help also, and without our 2nd round pick I dont think we will get the help we need at the position.

We are in 5th place
                          Clump is on the IR
                          Chubluv average is 167
                          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                          Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                            Houston won't take Peterson, they have alot of holes , and they have a stable of running backs. O-line D-end, corner, safety are all positions they will look at before running back. I don't think peterson gets by minnisota anyway. Washington is the trade.

CamelToe, we have a lot of holes too buddy! We should stay put or trade down a few.
                            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
                              CamelToe, we have a lot of holes too buddy! We should stay put or trade down a few.
                              Oh yeah every player drafted in the second and third round should be a starter for your team, get real. If you like a player get him. If they feel AP is going to be a stud running back go get him. You have two third round picks you could fill holes with. You guys honestly believe that a second round pick is going to make a huge difference for this team? this team is 2-3 drafts away from contention. If you have a chance at getting a stud running back then that will make the team seem alot better especially behind our big o-line.

Comment

Working...
                              X