PDA

View Full Version : Amobi Okoye

lordofgun
04-19-2007, 08:38 PM
He's gonna be a star. If we have to pick at 12, and Willis is gone, I want Okoye. I might even want him if Willis is there.

Ed
04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I know this has been debated to death, but I wouldn't have a problem at all with Okoye, even with our depth at DT. No way I take him over Willis though.

G. Host
04-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I would not have a problem if we had discussion about terms ahead of time.

One favorable point: he is only 19 but it is legal to drink in Fort Erie!

gil
04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I love this guy's potential and he's obviously a pretty impressive kid -

It kills me because I think he's going to be a star, but I would pass on him -- I'm sort of dying for someone I think can make a bigger impact right away (possibly a stud RB or LB) because I'd love to make the damn playoffs this year (hey, it could happen).

But, that's why I'm not the GM - Marv probably loves this guy and if he fell, who knows?

BILLSROCK1212
04-19-2007, 08:50 PM
i like him too....as long as we can get someone like Justin Durant or Rufus Alexander in the 2nd or 3rd round i'd be fine with picking Okoye but we better address CB and LB in the frist 3 round or I would be pissed ooo yea and i want a WR in round 4

Gunzlingr
04-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I used to like Christian Okoye. I had his rookie card.

Tatonka
04-19-2007, 09:22 PM
i cant really make up my mind on him to be honest..

while i wouldnt mind adding a dt.. i feel like okoye is the same potential as mccargo at this point.. and we dont need two of the same guy

chernobylwraiths
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I used to like Christian Okoye. I had his rookie card.

I'll buy it off of you. :D

gr8slayer
04-19-2007, 10:19 PM
If he can be anything like Sapp I want him too.

Devin
04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
He's gonna be a star. If we have to pick at 12, and Willis is gone, I want Okoye. I might even want him if Willis is there.

Agree 100%

With comparisons to a guy like Tommie Harris id be more then happy to have Okoye here. From what I understand we could use a dominant DT.

Least thats the rumor.

Night Train
04-20-2007, 02:23 AM

You're supposed to say "Don't you get it !".

I agree. He's too rare a player and we still need more at the 1 Gap.

casdhf
04-20-2007, 06:59 AM
I used to like Christian Okoye. I had his rookie card. Had, Gunz? I still have it!

Gunzlingr
04-20-2007, 09:09 AM
I will have to check, cas. I have boxes of football cards in the garage.

ublinkwescore
04-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I will have to check, cas. I have boxes of football cards in the garage.

I got Thurman's rookie card :respect:

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Like him, but dont think he's the right pick for us.

Devin
04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Like him, think hes the right pick for us.

There is just something about dominant DT's that teams like. I dont know what it is. What with all thier QB pressure, backfield stops and dominance over the run game. They are totally overrated.

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Like him, think hes the right pick for us.

There is just something about dominant DT's that teams like. I dont know what it is. What with all thier QB pressure, backfield stops and dominance over the run game. They are totally overrated.
you take Okoye then the DT position becomes addition by subtraction. To draft Okoye means you have to get rid of one of the four DT's we have, and Im not even counting Tim Anderson.

Teams dont carry 5 DT's on game-day and even when that rarely does happen, the 5th DT in the rotation will get few if any snaps in that rotation. A DT doesnt play special teams much either, making someone else even more usless then.

Basically, the addition of Okoye means the subtraction of either Tripplett, McCargo, Walker or Kyle Williams.

So I dont see how its a good fit for us- especially when we need a LB or RB more.

Devin
04-20-2007, 11:52 AM
you take Okoye then the DT position becomes addition by subtraction. To draft Okoye means you have to get rid of one of the four DT's we have, and Im not even counting Tim Anderson.

Teams dont carry 5 DT's on game-day and even when that rarely does happen, the 5th DT in the rotation will get few if any snaps in that rotation. A DT doesnt play special teams much either, making someone else even more usless then.

Basically, the addition of Okoye means the subtraction of either Tripplett, McCargo, Walker or Kyle Williams.

So I dont see how its a good fit for us- especially when we need a LB or RB more.

So we should have to draft a dominant DT because god forbid......we have to get rid of Larry Triplett? I'd be just crushed if that happened.

We have plenty of picks to address other needs.

You simply dont pass on players like that, you want to correct years of not addressing the line? If Okoye falls thats a pretty solid first step.

Night Train
04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Kyle Williams would be odd man out at the 1 Gap. After watching him get pushed down the field like a blocking sled last year, I'm not blind to his shortcomings,despite all his hyped press.. He and Anderson look like twins.

3 Gap- Tripplett,Walker
1 Gap- McCargo,Okoye

Looks good to me.

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
If the Bills got no problem cutting Kyle Williams, then I have no problem with Okoye.

I dont think its going to happen.. under different circumstances (had we not invested so much $ and draft picks with DT just one year ago) I'd be all about Okoye.

Devin
04-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Kyle Williams would be odd man out at the 1 Gap. After watching him get pushed down the field like a blocking sled last year, I'm not blind to his shortcomings,despite all his hyped press.. He and Anderson look like twins.

3 Gap- Tripplett,Walker
1 Gap- McCargo,Okoye

Looks good to me.

Personally id like to keep Williams and dump Triplett, but either way I see your point.

Id like to see McCargo at the 1 and Okoye at the 3. Two young guys to anchor the line for a looooong time.

Pick up a guy like David Harris round 2.

Groovy.

gr8slayer
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Personally id like to keep Williams and dump Triplett, but either way I see your point.

Id like to see McCargo at the 1 and Okoye at the 3. Two young guys to anchor the line for a looooong time.

Pick up a guy like David Harris round 2.

Groovy.
I'm not for dumping anyone to tell you the truth. We are going to rotate, ALOT and I think we need to hold on to Tripplett because of his experience in the system. Maybe after this season assuming we draft Okoye but we need to hold on to him for now.

You can never have too many good players along the OL and DL.

Devin
04-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm not for dumping anyone to tell you the truth. We are going to rotate, ALOT and I think we need to hold on to Tripplett because of his experience in the system. Maybe after this season assuming we draft Okoye but we need to hold on to him for now.

You can never have too many good players along the OL and DL.

Sorry thats what I meant. Okoye or not we are not cutting any of our potential starting DT's this year. If anything Maybe we can swing a trade next year.

gr8slayer
04-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Sorry thats what I meant. Okoye or not we are not cutting any of our potential starting DT's this year. If anything Maybe we can swing a trade next year.
Gotcha. I'm starting to really like the idea of drafting Okoye. He's a project player but we've got nothing but time right now and he won't have to come in and start right away, he can learn along with McCargo behind Williams (best draft pick from last year), Walker, and Tripplett.

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Nothing but time?

This isnt opinion, its fact.. Did you see the attendance numbers drop last year compared to previous? this team doesnt have "anything but time"

They better start WINNING soon.

acehole
04-20-2007, 03:10 PM
I was also advocating this awhile back. I think if he is anything like warren sapp ...our defense will be fine. Then we can take the ILB Harris in the 2nd and our runstuffing problems on paper are over. youboty will our 2ndary will benifit greatly from this if he pans out....