PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a reply from Chris Brown about Schobel's weight and Michael Turner....

Michael82
04-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Check it out....

I think way too much is being made about the player weights. It's early in the offseason. Let's see what guys weigh at camp before blowing a gasket on this.

I'm not ruling out a Turner deal on draft weekend. Moods tend to change during the draft, when a player one team was looking to get suddenly disappears.

Chris Brown

Talk0fNewYork
04-19-2007, 10:55 PM
i hate his ass!

Michael82
04-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Hmmm, that Turner info is exactly what I was thinking. I believe that the Bills are hoping and praying that they will be able to get Adrian Peterson somehow, either trade up a few spots or hope he falls to them. If he doesn't, they will draft a linebacker at #12, and then call the Chargers with an offer for Michael Turner officially.

ublinkwescore
04-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Hmmm, that Turner info is exactly what I was thinking. I believe that the Bills are hoping and praying that they will be able to get Adrian Peterson somehow, either trade up a few spots or hope he falls to them. If he doesn't, they will draft a linebacker at #12, and then call the Chargers with an offer for Michael Turner officially.

That's exactly how I'd handle this if I were the Bills.

SABURZFAN
04-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Check it out....

what the hell did you say for him to make the "blowing a gasket" comment?

Devin
04-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I dont give a hell what he says.

243.....for a DE? Whats he gonna do put on 25 pounds in camp?

Yes I will blow a gasket that our starting probowl DE weighs as much as a LB.

Michael82
04-19-2007, 11:50 PM
what the hell did you say for him to make the "blowing a gasket" comment?
Here's my letter.....

Mr. Brown,
Hey. I'm sorry to bother you, but I gotta know this. A bunch of people are panicking on my Bills site, BillsZone.com about Aaron Schobel's new listed weight. Is that a misprint? Or did he really weigh in as 243 lbs? If he did, why on Earth would the staff want to screw with something that worked? He was 262 lbs last year and was a pro bowler. Isn't 19 lbs a lot of weight to lose? I looked around and noticed that the average cover2 defensive end is 260 or a little higher. Aaron Schobel was at the perfect weight. I don't understand this one bit. Please help me out here. I'd love to know what you are thinking. Also, anything on Michael Turner? A bunch of fans on my site want him to come here, myself included. I'd give a 2nd rounder to the chargers for him in a heartbeat. What do you think it's going to take? Thanks for taking the time out to read this and hopefully reply.

Sincerely, Michael Thomas (Rochester Bills fan)

Michael82
04-19-2007, 11:51 PM

Thank you! I totally agree and that's why I "blew a gasket" and emailed him about it. I'm surprised Brown wasn't more concerned about the weight too.

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2007, 06:30 AM
I think what happens is the exact opposite. Adrian Peterson will fall to us and we call up SD and say hey if we pick up Peterson then you're stuck with Turner this year and get ZERO for him after the season. Or you can trade with Tennessee but their picks are lower than ours. So convince us that we want to pick a linebacker instead.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2007, 07:42 AM
I think both Peterson and Turner are pipe dreams.

Marv isn't trading up to get AP.

Marv isn't trading a 1st rounder for Turner.

don137
04-20-2007, 07:52 AM
I think both Peterson and Turner are pipe dreams.

Marv isn't trading up to get AP.

Marv isn't trading a 1st rounder for Turner.
I read somewhere that Smith lowered the demands to a 2nd this year and a conditional third next year. Not sure if its true or not. It does seem that the Titans are more the aggressor then Buffalo however Buffalo picks earlier in the draft so Buffalo probably is the team Smith would rather trade with.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Don't forget that we still would have to reach a contract agreement with Turner.

I think the combination of Turner's contract demands and AJ's trade demands are insurmountable.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2007, 07:59 AM
I read somewhere that Smith lowered the demands to a 2nd this year and a conditional third next year. Not sure if its true or not. It does seem that the Titans are more the aggressor then Buffalo however Buffalo picks earlier in the draft so Buffalo probably is the team Smith would rather trade with.

You didn't read this, you dreamt it. If this was what SD wanted Turner would already be in a Bills uni.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Check it out....

Now, I really don't like Chris Brown. The answer to your question Mikey was "don't worry about it"

Well I've worked out my whole life and adding 19 pounds of muscle prior to this season starting is all but impossible. He didn't answer your question because there isn't a good one.

Had he come in at 284 I would have not thought twice about it. He was a lean player at 264. He wasn't carrying any body fat so this is an issue. Period.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2007, 08:11 AM
I like how he knew Mikey was gonna blow a gasket. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
04-20-2007, 08:17 AM

Maybe the plan is to move Schobel to SLB and Hargrove to his DE spot, but I doubt it. I was really surprised, too, that Schobel had lost all that weight, and wondered how much the coaching staff knew about it.

Patrick76777
04-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Mikey, you should ask him how Aaron was able to drop those unwanted pounds! Get some pointers.

gr8slayer
04-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Thank you! I totally agree and that's why I "blew a gasket" and emailed him about it. I'm surprised Brown wasn't more concerned about the weight too.
Robert Mathis (a premiere pass rusher) isn't much bigger.

Full Name: Robert Nathan Mathis
Born: February 26, 1981
Atlanta, GA
Height: 6-2
Weight: 245 lbs.

Full Name: John Abraham
Born: May 6, 1978
Timmonsville, SC
Height: 6-4
Weight: 258 lbs

Carlton Bailey
04-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Chris is just "blowing a gasket" because he had to step away from his lame little blog and actually address a serious question.

Talk0fNewYork
04-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Mikey, you should ask him how Aaron was able to drop those unwanted pounds! Get some pointers.hahaha!:roflmao:

Brandon
04-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Don't forget that we still would have to reach a contract agreement with Turner.

I think the combination of Turner's contract demands and AJ's trade demands are insurmountable.

Also consider that the Bills apparently have not yet contacted Turner regarding a possible contract extension. Unless that happens between now and the draft, and the Bills know they can sign him long-term, this trade is all but dead.

I'd also point out that the Bills seem to have completely lost interest in Turner since he visited a week or two ago. Perhaps they liked him a whole lot less in person?

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Also consider that the Bills apparently have not yet contacted Turner regarding a possible contract extension. Unless that happens between now and the draft, and the Bills know they can sign him long-term, this trade is all but dead.

I'd also point out that the Bills seem to have completely lost interest in Turner since he visited a week or two ago. Perhaps they liked him a whole lot less in person?
Or his contract demands were too high.

justasportsfan
04-20-2007, 08:44 AM
why would he be? Leave it to the experts like Allaire to do their job. They know more than we do.

bigbub2352
04-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Things will change with Turner once the 1st round goes by and they didnt get anything done, then a 2nd would be worth it, or maybe even a 3rd if no one bits on a 2nd

Brandon
04-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Or his contract demands were too high.

That's possible, but it was reported a few days ago that there had been no contract discussions between Turner and the Bills.

This situation reminds me of what happened with Chris Brown (the RB). Once the Bills had him in for a visit and learned the contract demands, Marv pretty quickly dropped interest in him and moved onto Turner. Now, that he's had a chance to hear the Chargers trade demands, he appears to have dropped interest in this trade just as quickly.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Turner visited Buffalo with his agent. I'm sure they at least broached the subject of contract.

DynaPaul
04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Give Aaron some juice and he'll be fine by the opener.

Michael82
04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Mikey, you should ask him how Aaron was able to drop those unwanted pounds! Get some pointers.
Why, do you want some tips to help you get rid of that big gut of yours? :scratch:

Michael82
04-20-2007, 10:53 AM
why would he be? Leave it to the experts like Allaire to do their job. They know more than we do.
Good point, man! :up:

Michael82
04-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Things will change with Turner once the 1st round goes by and they didnt get anything done, then a 2nd would be worth it, or maybe even a 3rd if no one bits on a 2nd
I agree with you. :up:

Philagape
04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
If I'm AJ and I can't get more than a second for Turner, then might as well keep him. Insurance for LT is that valuable.

SABURZFAN
04-22-2007, 11:45 AM

yeah......he must have read his posts. :up: