PDA

View Full Version : Forget all of the other what ifs! This is unreal! READ

jpdex12
04-20-2007, 12:31 AM
We have heard just about every possible what if out there on the draft and what we can do. I am guilty myself but for all of the thinking that i have been doing on how Buffalo can get bang for their buck, this scenario is really realistic and creates unBILLeivable options for us.

Get this...

The hell with Turner and how is a rookie like Pittman or Irons or whoever any different than Chris Brown? Forget AP he won't fall and consider not taking Lynch at #12 with the REACH hype. Sign Chris Turner. We will be fine this year with A-Train, Brown, Williams & Jackson. We get our stud next year.

Trade down with DENVER! Yes Denver at #21. The point gain is worth 400 points. That is exactly what their two third round picks are worth in points (#70 and #86). That would give us a first rounder still, #43 in the second, FOUR third round picks, and our 4th, 6th and 7th. Denver has been outing Carriker and this gives them the option of getting that DE to replace Kerney who they lost to Seattle.

We can still get a great LB with the #21 pick (maybe POZ), Someone like Harris from Michigan with our second pick. Then have four 3rd rounders to use on WR, CB, TE, DT or OL. This is called filling holes with day one picks. Damnit, that's smart. We could even trade two 3rd rounders for a 2nd rounder close to our #43 pick and still have two third rounders left to use. That would allow us to get 2 top LBers and a top WR or CB with our first three picks in the first two rounds. Honestly how can you go wrong with this scenario?

We fill holes and create good competitive depth this year and go for the kill next year with top players (stars). We would still be competitive this year with a draft like this.

We could even grab a top notch WR with the #21 pick and still grab two great LBers in the second and CB and DT in the third.

The big questions are...

is a Pittman or Irons any different from Chris Brown?
would we really suffer from drop off in talent at LB by waiting until #21 pick and round two at the latest to grab a couple? POZ, Timmons, Beason, Harris, Durant, Blades, Davis.

This is interesting!

Thoughts??

jamze132
04-20-2007, 03:03 AM
This type of scenario has been played over and over. I see nothing special about it and it does look highly unlikely to be honest.

I don't think Denver is willing to trade away 2 day one picks to move up 9 spots to get a DE who may ot may not even be there at 12.

kernowboy
04-20-2007, 03:39 AM
I think its a very very good idea

The trade can be set up and then the trigger can be pulled if Carriker is there at 12.

At 21 we can grab Posluzny SLB .

At 43 pick up Leonard RB if he is still there.

I would then look to package picks to get Antony Gonzalez WR2nd, and Jonathan Wade CB in the 2nd/3rd

In the 4th we can grab Doug Datish as the centre of the future. At worst he will be a decent guard.

In the 6th I'd take a QB - the best left, maybe Tyler Palko

and in the 7th Mark Zalewski SLB/MLB from Wisconsin and Jesse Allen a true FB from VT

I seem to recall in 2001 we traded down with people not to happy and we missed out on Kenyatta Walker to get Nate Clements. The extra pick that year was a R2 (58) who turned into Travis Henry

Don't Panic
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Poz and Harris... did we switch schemes and I haven't heard about it? Might as well trade up to get Siler, too (that would be sarcasm). I just don't see us drafting guys at LB who are not going to be solid in coverage. It just doesn't make sense. Leonard or a WR would make sense in the 2nd, although the comments posted the other day from the luncheon thing make it look like Leonard isn't on the radar (I'm hoping its just smoke). I do like the trade, although I agree its unlikely. Who knows... Beason may even be there at #21. How nice would that be?

TigerJ
04-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Beason would be the LB I'd be interested in at #21. The only drawback is he "likes" the WLB spot in the Tampa 2 best. That's where Ellison plays and I'm not sure he could switch.

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 08:55 AM
We have heard just about every possible what if out there on the draft and what we can do. I am guilty myself but for all of the thinking that i have been doing on how Buffalo can get bang for their buck, this scenario is really realistic and creates unBILLeivable options for us.

Get this...

The hell with Turner and how is a rookie like Pittman or Irons or whoever any different than Chris Brown? Forget AP he won't fall and consider not taking Lynch at #12 with the REACH hype. Sign Chris Turner. We will be fine this year with A-Train, Brown, Williams & Jackson. We get our stud next year.

Trade down with DENVER! Yes Denver at #21. The point gain is worth 400 points. That is exactly what their two third round picks are worth in points (#70 and #86). That would give us a first rounder still, #43 in the second, FOUR third round picks, and our 4th, 6th and 7th. Denver has been outing Carriker and this gives them the option of getting that DE to replace Kerney who they lost to Seattle.

We can still get a great LB with the #21 pick (maybe POZ), Someone like Harris from Michigan with our second pick. Then have four 3rd rounders to use on WR, CB, TE, DT or OL. This is called filling holes with day one picks. Damnit, that's smart. We could even trade two 3rd rounders for a 2nd rounder close to our #43 pick and still have two third rounders left to use. That would allow us to get 2 top LBers and a top WR or CB with our first three picks in the first two rounds. Honestly how can you go wrong with this scenario?

We fill holes and create good competitive depth this year and go for the kill next year with top players (stars). We would still be competitive this year with a draft like this.

We could even grab a top notch WR with the #21 pick and still grab two great LBers in the second and CB and DT in the third.

The big questions are...

would we really suffer from drop off in talent at LB by waiting until #21 pick and round two at the latest to grab a couple? POZ, Timmons, Beason, Harris, Durant, Blades, Davis.

This is interesting!

Thoughts??
YOu scumbag! (joking)
I was just WORKING on a trade down peice with Denver this morning.. You'll see around noon'ish.. I been studying this like a mofo.

Watch what I come up with.. even better.

Pinkerton Security
04-20-2007, 09:35 AM
i respect the work you did putting that together, but i jsut dont see why we should trade down for 2 3rd's. I'd take another second, because this draft is top heavy, and we could snag a wr or cb that could possibly make a difference now.

still, this is a good idea, and if we could get someone that the bills want in the first and trade down, i'd never be upset with what they do.

jpdex12
04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
i respect the work you did putting that together, but i jsut dont see why we should trade down for 2 3rd's. I'd take another second, because this draft is top heavy, and we could snag a wr or cb that could possibly make a difference now.

still, this is a good idea, and if we could get someone that the bills want in the first and trade down, i'd never be upset with what they do.

We should trade down for two thirds because Denver has two thirds and I don't see how they would give away a second rounder to move up to #12. Two thirds is easier to swallow and then we could have four third round picks to trade away to move back into the second round or even enough ammo to move back into the first round. I'm not saying that this will happen but this is a terrific scenario to grab extra picks and fill holes with good talent. Keep an open mind, that is what any good GM would do. Yes we can draft one good LB at #12, but this year's draft has more than one big stand out player at each position. That's why trading down is a great option and then we get another pick or two and still grab a nice player later in the first round and the rest of day one we can still get starters to fill our holes.

jpdex12
04-20-2007, 01:13 PM
YOu scumbag! (joking)
I was just WORKING on a trade down peice with Denver this morning.. You'll see around noon'ish.. I been studying this like a mofo.

Watch what I come up with.. even better.

lol...haha!

I just find it fun to think of different scenarios for the Bills that I would look at if I were in the brass at OBD. I said to myself, what other team might be involved to move up that would want to deal with us. I also was thinking that Willis wold be a great pick for us at #12 and I won't be unhappy if we stand pat and stay at #12, but I also thought that there are other good LBers that can be had later in round one and also in two and three that could easily start in 2007 for us so why not take a look at trading down and getting more picks so we can fill every hole this year and set ourselves up for a good year in 2007 but better yet we can set ourselves up so we can draft nothing but BPA (studs) next year and really turn this team around for years to come. It is stupid to pidgeon hole yourself into one draft spot. If we don't get Willis or Lynch or AP that doesn't mean that we are going to be a terrible team this year. I don't want OBD to have to worry about filling holes every year. We are on the verge of breaking through. More talent on this team and depth creates safety if we get hit by the injury bug or lose a few good players to FA in the next few years. We won't have to suffer like we have in the last 7 years. We can protect ourselves by trading around, picking up extra picks and using them wisely.

I'm all for trading down and strengthening our team. Anyone that doesn't agree with this is not being open minded and would limit this teams growth if they were GM.

T-Long
04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
who is Chris Turner?

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Get this...

The big questions are...

This is interesting!

Thoughts??
Beason would be the PERFECT pick at 21. Exactly where he is slotted to go. No reach, but he will be there. Excellent value if we could somehow pull it off. And I agree, Brown would give us a solid stop gap solution to go w/ ATrain until next season.

I know this is all just speculating, but if your scenario went down, I would streak at the next home game.

jpdex12
04-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Beason would be the PERFECT pick at 21. Exactly where he is slotted to go. No reach, but he will be there. Excellent value if we could somehow pull it off. And I agree, Brown would give us a solid stop gap solution to go w/ ATrain until next season.

I know this is all just speculating, but if your scenario went down, I would streak at the next home game.

Shadow, If ths scenario comes true you better let me know when and where to meet you and I will streak with you brother! Balls out!

Honestly, I would like to hear what most of the other Zoners have to say about this. I cannot believe that we have not heard more posts for this thread. I know I'm just some die hard fan, but this is IMO the smartest scenario for OBD to pursue. I love Willis but trade down with Denver. Both of their 3rd round picks equal 400 points exactly the difference for us moving down to #21 where they are. This is like an omen. The planets are aligned. IF there is any desire from Denver to move up to get their DE, then OBD needs to make this happen.

We get Beason at #21, Harris with #43, sign Chris Brown who is no different than Pittman/Irons in that round anyway (he's already got experience) and then trade back into round two (around #45-49 with a pair of 3rd rounders to get a great WR like Smith/Rice/Gonzo or a great prospect CB like Hughes and then we still have two third rounders left.

How can this possibly not be the best idea for us in the draft?

Then we draft studs next year and already have an extra 3rd rounder that we can use to move up in one of the first two rounds to get the best player we can. With plenty of star RB's next year and a few very good WR's this is a must for us. I would fight anyone to the death on this debate.

Come on Bills Nation! Spread this like wild fire and let's get the pressure on the Buffalo braintrust.

jpdex12
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
who is Chris Turner?

lol must be Michael Turner's brother?? BRAIN FART!

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Word bro. Nancy Neg or w/e just came up w/ a scenario like this as well, and it looks great. Lets just hope + pray it works out similar to this.

jpdex12
04-20-2007, 09:24 PM
This type of scenario has been played over and over. I see nothing special about it and it does look highly unlikely to be honest.

I don't think Denver is willing to trade away 2 day one picks to move up 9 spots to get a DE who may ot may not even be there at 12.

It is clear that DEnver wants a DE or WR in the first. AT #12 they can get their choice at most likely the second-third best WR or a DE like Carriker or Anderson. You dont think that is enough for them to want to move up?

jamze132
04-22-2007, 01:04 AM
It is clear that DEnver wants a DE or WR in the first. AT #12 they can get their choice at most likely the second-third best WR or a DE like Carriker or Anderson. You dont think that is enough for them to want to move up?
Not IMO. I think that at least 2 of the topr 4 DEs this year are going to be nothing but mediocre at best.