PDA

View Full Version : Rams interested in Ricky Williams.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Heard it this AM on Sirrius. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens based on the new regime's policy of "out with the old."

gr8slayer
04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Rams coach Scott Linehan says he's open to entertaining the possibility of acquiring Ricky Williams to be Steven Jackson's backup.
Ricky played for Linehan when he was the Dolphins' offensive coordinator in 2005. "Based on how he played and the kind of person he was to be around, and the professional he was, I would certainly consider it," the coach said. "He's proven himself with me." Williams will learn whether he'll be reinstated to the NFL within the next 60 days.

Talk0fNewYork
04-20-2007, 08:40 AM
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinkerton Security
04-20-2007, 10:06 AM
to be honest, if we could get him for a 4th or 5th rounder, i just might take him. theres no doubt he is a damn good running back, he has proven it WHEN HE PLAYED, but who knows if you can trust the idiot. still, a late rounder would be well worth the risk, IMO.

jamze132
04-20-2007, 10:23 AM
to be honest, if we could get him for a 4th or 5th rounder, i just might take him. theres no doubt he is a damn good running back, he has proven it WHEN HE PLAYED, but who knows if you can trust the idiot. still, a late rounder would be well worth the risk, IMO.
I would rather let Ricky play elsewhere, Goodell lets him.

I wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't reinstated. If the commish suspended a guy for a year for getting arrested like 9 times for various crimes, then why would he allow a player who has pissed hot 4 times?

If the commish really wanted to send a message to the rest of the league he wouldn't allow Ricky back. I think that would send a pretty stern message to everyone that this kind of negative publicity will no longer be tolorated.

The Answer
04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Heard it this AM on Sirrius. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens based on the new regime's policy of "out with the old."

This is no surprise to The Answer - Love him or hate him, Smokey is still a quality RB in this league and will be back with a vengeance in 2007.

~The Answer