PDA

View Full Version : My Personal Best Draft Scenario After Reviewing everything

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I"ve really being studying this draft hardcore. Not just the desires and needs for the Bills, but for many other teams as well. Who really wants to move up and why? Who wants to move down and why?

To me, Denver is a team that definitely wants to move up, and Buffalo by values of their needs would be the perfect trading partner.

Denver is desperate to land a dominating pass rushing DE. Jamaal Anderson and Carriker are those guys. One or both will be there at #12. NEITHER will be there at #21.

This is the trade down with Denver.

Part ONE- the Denver Trade
Buffalo gives up their first rounder (12) and third rounder (74th). The total chart value is 1420 points.

Denver gives up their first rounder (21st), second rounder (56th) and third rounder (70th). Total chart value is 1380 points.

Part Two- The SD Trade
SD is now looking for a second and a third rounder for Michael Turner. AFter the Denver trade, we now have a pair of seconds and thirds. The Bills are now in position to give SD what they want. The Bills give SD Denver's Second (56th) and Balitmore's Third (92nd) for Michael Turner.

The Bills then still have their own second round picks (43rd) and Denver's third after flopping third rounders (70th).

With that 21st pick Buffalo targets the best LB available: whether it be Beason (likely gone), Posluszny, Timmons or even David Harris.

With the second round pick (43) and already having Turner; Buffalo can take the best WR available to pair with Lee Evans. Between Dwayne Jarrett,
Sidney Rice and Jason Hill, I guarentee you one of them is on the board.

With the third rounder, the Bills take the best CB on the board, and preferably one who can also return kicks.

At the completion of this day; Buffalo comes away with three new starters from day one (LB, RB, WR) and more needed CB depth.

Bonus: Money. It's no secret Ralph is a cheap **** I dont care what any of you say. Signing Turner long-term is going to cost some bucks. Wilson now recoups some of that, because he has to pay #21st pick money instead of #12th. That's a big difference.

IF this came to fruition, I dont see how anybody could complain. I don't think the Bills could go wrong with this scenario.. Defensively, they still get a much needed LB to start. Offensively, we potentially become EXPLOSIVE with Michael Turner and a legit #2 WR.
I LOVE this scenario.

OpIv37
04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
this would be great but there is almost no chance of it actually happening.

gr8slayer
04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I like it! Good posting Pat.

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
this would be great but there is almost no chance of it actually happening. There's almost no chance of any trades going down the way we see it coming.

But what is unrealstic about it?

The Buffalo/Denver trade goes by accurate draft value points and makes sense for both teams. The DE Denver targets wont be there at 21, and the LB's the Bills may have their eyes on they can select later in round one. Or at #21 could be a more valued spot for a WR like Bowe or Meacham and go LB in round two.

As for Turner; SD is rumored to be open to taking a second and a third. In my scenario, that's exactly what I gave them.

OpIv37
04-20-2007, 09:20 AM
There's almost no chance of any trades going down the way we see it coming.

But what is unrealstic about it?

The Buffalo/Denver trade goes by accurate draft value points and makes sense for both teams. The DE Denver targets wont be there at 21, and the LB's the Bills may have their eyes on they can select later in round one. Or at #21 could be a more valued spot for a WR like Bowe or Meacham and go LB in round two.

As for Turner; SD is rumored to be open to taking a second and a third. In my scenario, that's exactly what I gave them.

The biggest hole is that both Marv and Turner's agent said nothing was really happening. In order for the Turner part to work out, the Bills would need to get a contract in place. Assuming the Denver trade happens, the Bills would have only a couple of hours on draft day to get a deal done with Turner- that's not enough time.

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 09:24 AM
That could be true.. Or Buffalo does have something verbally in place with Turner and arent announcing it (which would be smart and give away a ton of draft leverage)

They could have something worked out that IF they work out the compensation between the teams, the contract details are agreed upon. they would NEVER announce this as it would drive SD's asking price up.. Buffalo wants/needs to show they have other options.

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Part ONE- the Denver Trade
Buffalo gives up their first rounder (12) and third rounder (74th). The total chart value is 1420 points.

Denver gives up their first rounder (21st), second rounder (56th) and third rounder (70th). Total chart value is 1380 points..
Denver needs to throw in another 5th rounder to make it even. I'd take that trade. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Pat, that is one of the most fair, balanced, and well thought out posts that ever came from you. Bravo. :bf1:

Neggie Nancy
04-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks..

Denver doesnt have a 5th rounder.. I'd make the trade anyway, an dlose a couple of value points.

JJamezz
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I like that scenario a lot too.

I don't think it happens, but I also don't think its nearly as far fetched as 99% of the other trade down proposals you read about this time of year.. where people make it sound like ANY team is open to trading with ANY other team, at ANY spot... I guess just for the sake of making a move.

This trade makes perfect sense for both teams, and the positioning is also perfect for what each team would be looking for. Those players would almost assuredly be there at those spots, which would mean a lot of the details could be worked out ahead of time, instead of in the 'heat of the moment' on draft day.

As far as Turner's contract, you have to think if everything else in the scenario took place, that the Bills would also have this handled ahead of time.

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
unless the front office has completely ruled out a trade for Turner on draft day, there is no way that they don't have at least the parameters of a deal with him worked out in advance. if they are still interested, they wouldn't take the chance that SD makes an enticing offer on draft day, and then have to pass it up b/c they have no idea what its going to take to sign Turner afterwards.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Awesome posting Pat BRAVO. I dont think its far fetched it is possible. I would love it to happen that way. The only thing I would love better was if CJ or Peterson fell to us in some sort of miracle.

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I forgot to say that yes, I agree. that'd be an ideal scenario. I couldn't imagine a better one.

jamze132
04-20-2007, 10:28 AM
The trade proposal was very well thought out but I doubt anything like that ever comes to fruitition.

Ed
04-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Of all the scenarios involving trading down that have been thrown around or discussed, this seems like the best or most logical. Even if we can't swing a deal for Turner, you can't go wrong with having 5 first day picks. We could grab 2 LB's, RB, WR, and DB. Being able to fill all our holes on day one would be sweet.

justasportsfan
04-20-2007, 10:48 AM
after all of that, MArv stays at 12 and drafts Poz. :yikes:

kernowboy
04-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Im so not sold on Michael Turner. He has backed up one of the great RBs. Think Lamont Jordan and Curtis Martin

Michael Turner is Lamont Jordan Mk2

There is a reason he went in R5 in 2004

No thanks