• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Divison realignment - in retrospect

Remember the divison realignment back in 2002, when they moved Indy out of the AFC East instead of Miami even though it makes more sense geographically for Miami to move out? Because they wanted to keep the rivalry between the Bills and the Dolphins?

Thank GOD they moved Indy out. Can you imagine our division having Indy and the Patriots? We'd NEVER have a chance.
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Re: Divison realignment - in retrospect

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    Remember the divison realignment back in 2002, when they moved Indy out of the AFC East instead of Miami even though it makes more sense geographically for Miami to move out? Because they wanted to keep the rivalry between the Bills and the Dolphins?

Thank GOD they moved Indy out. Can you imagine our division having Indy and the Patriots? We'd NEVER have a chance.
    We don't have a chance now even with Indy gone so what's the difference?

We've played Indy much better and closer than the Pats so The Answer would prefer they still played in the AFC East.

~The Answer

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

They should have really re done it. A division with Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Cincy would have been amazing.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
        We don't have a chance now even with Indy gone so what's the difference?
        1. Yes we do.
        2. Negged.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

while it would have sucked for us, it also means the Pats would have had to play Indy twice a year instead of us, the Dolphins or the Jets- that would likely mean more losses and may have forced them into a few wild card rounds and kept them from SB victories.

of course, if Indy was in our division and won those SB's it would be just as bad...
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

I don't really think it was just the Miami-Bills rivalry that inticed them. The NY Jets-Miami rivalry is bigger than the Bills-Miami one.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
              I don't really think it was just the Miami-Bills rivalry that inticed them. The NY Jets-Miami rivalry is bigger than the Bills-Miami one.
              How do you figure?

Comment

• The Answer
                The Plagiarist
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                The Answer disagrees - Jets/Miami rivalry is petty compared to Buffalo/Miami.

We're talking the 20 straight wins by Miami in the 70's, Levy/90's bills dominating Marino/Shula including blowout in the 92' AFC championship in Miami, Brian Cox, Jimmy Johnson stifling The Flutie led Bills in the playoffs to the current domination by Buffalo.

So many memorable moments and epic battles you can't even keep track.

~The Answer

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

It would have been the best division rivalry of all time
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• realdealryan
                    realdealrex
                    • Nov 2005

We need a renewed rivalry spearheaded by two great young quarterbacks. We have JP and they have Daunte, I mean Joey, wait..Cleo- it doesn't matter if we both suck!

We need to be able to consistently beat the Pats and Jets (Miami does, too) before there will ever be a rivalry between these two teams. Everybody tune in, both teams are 6-7 and could battle for that critical 3rd spot in the AFC East!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      How do you figure?
                      To Miami the Jets are a MUCH bigger rival. Especially now. It isn't even close.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        To Miami the Jets are a MUCH bigger rival. Especially now. It isn't even close.
                        Odd, I never really noticed.

Probably because Miami knows they have no chance of beating the Bills

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                          • Jul 2002

They should have really re done it. A division with Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Cincy would have been amazing.
                          I might actually rep for this one Thurm! I agree kind of a blue collar division.
                          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

I mentioned this a while back, though I think I'd keep the Jets or NE over Cincy. The division needs a true large-market team to keep the media interest and such. But the main importance is location. Having away games in close proximity definitely helps a sell-out game for both teams involved. Also, closeness creates a rivalry of it's own kind. Ravens fans hate Skins and Eagles fans just because they're close - they're not even in the same conference.

Comment

• realdealryan
                              realdealrex
                              • Nov 2005

AFC East is just eastern seaboard? NE, NYJ, Mia, Bal
                              AFC North is Buffalo, Cin, Cle, Pit
                              AFC West stays
                              AFC South stays

If they realigned right now things would be different. I guess Dallas would still be in the NFC east, though.

PS I feel like there would be extra fighting in our division games

Comment

Working...
                              X