• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neggie Nancy
    Veteran Zoner
    • Apr 2007

Harris: Great Meeting with Buffalo

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

"Our man is Michigan linebacker David Harris.

He has the talent, drive, leadership and run-stuffing skills to make an immediate impact in the NFL. And just like Ryans, if Harris lasts to the second round, on the right team he can be a candidate for defensive rookie of the year. That's how productive the tackling machine was as a Wolverine.
    This past year, Harris, not heralded Alan Branch, was voted by his teammates as the Michigan co-MVP (star running back Michael Hart was the other recipient). In talking to Harris at length on Wednesday, he said that honor meant the world to him, since it came from his fellow players. The linebacker also won the team award for being the hardest worker. Harris told us that he felt it was his responsibility to lead by example as a senior on Lloyd Carr's team.

Harris tore his ACL in 2003. He says he was poked and prodded for six hours at the Combine and all NFL clubs are confident in his health.

Harris had a great meeting with Dick Jauron and the Bills. He'd be a perfect fit there if Buffalo doesn't pick Patrick Willis in Round 1. Harris also had a good meeting with Miami. New Orleans would be wise to consider Harris at the end of round 1. Harris gushed about his time spent with Saints defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs, linebacker coach Joe Vitt and general manager Mickey Loomis"
  • Neggie Nancy
    Veteran Zoner
    • Apr 2007

Re: Harris: Great Meeting with Buffalo

it's becoming crystal clear to me what Buffalo may do should they NOT do anything with the 12th pick (via trade)

Take the RB Lynch at #12 and then pull off the exact same trade as last year and get this guy near the end of round one.

Two positions (RB and LB)... Filled.. and nicely.

Still have a third rounder too. Maybe best WR/KR like a Jacoby Jones.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Lynch =

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Lynch =
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
          Lynch =
          Yeah, it would suck balls to have a back that can do it all like Marshall did.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            Yeah, it would suck balls to have a back that can do it all like Marshall did.
            Last year as well as next year Lynch is a 2nd round back.

The only reason hes a 1st this year is the lack of talent.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I've loved the few games I've gotten to watch him in.

Comment

• streetkings01
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Neggie Nancy
                it's becoming crystal clear to me what Buffalo may do should they NOT do anything with the 12th pick (via trade)

Take the RB Lynch at #12 and then pull off the exact same trade as last year and get this guy near the end of round one.

Two positions (RB and LB)... Filled.. and nicely.

Still have a third rounder too. Maybe best WR/KR like a Jacoby Jones.
                I was thinking the same exact thing! I think we take a CB with our 3rd instead of a WR though!
                You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

It's funny how low under the radar this guy was all winter. I remember one mock listing him to us in the 2nd, and thinking it was a pretty unconventional pick cause I hadn't read much about him at that point. I wonder what happened to generate the recent buzz. I'm getting a pretty good vibe about the guy at this point, wouldn't at all mind taking him in the 2nd.

Whether it'd be worth pulling the trade Nancy suggests would depend in my opinion on how many LBs are off the board by the time we get to the mid-20s. If Beason, Poz, Harris and Timmons are all still there (unlikely but possible), I'd probably wait it out and hope one fell to us in the 2d.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Indeed, Harris would be a spectacular pick. His stock is rising and we may not be able to get him at 42.

Bottom line, we have to ensure that we get one of either Willis, Beason, or Harris.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

No way. I pay close attention to Cal. He's deserving of a top 15 pick. Although i can agree next year that Mcfadden, and Slayton would be picked higher than Lynch. But thats just beacuse next year's running back class is one of the best ever. Any other year Lynch is top 15 pick.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

From what I've read about Harris, he's a liability against the pass.

Researching him has convinced me even more we need a LB first. No other position has as much of an immediate need for a full-time starter.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Bmax
                          • Aug 2003

Beason will be the pick....

Bmax

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Willis, Beason and Poz are the only LBs I'd accept
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I agree on Harris. Great versus the run, a problem versus the pass. I don't know if with solid coaching he can overcome some of his deficiencies in pass defense or not.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X