PDA

View Full Version : A little skeptical about this rebuilding process.

fushetti
03-11-2003, 10:12 PM
I've been thinking all day about this..

I'm not so sure I want Darcy in charge of this operation. Frankly, I'm not so pissed off about the trades as much as i'm saddened by them. Gratton for Briere...no problem. Never had an emotional attachment to Gratts... If this team is going to rebuild around a veteran leader, it should have been Barnes. As it stood, this team lacked heart and emotion...and now I believe its completely gone. Well thats over and done with..

What scraps do we have left to rebuild with or around? Satan and Zhitnik are solid...but are they cornerstones of a team?

Is Darcy the guy to lead us from the scrap heap (where he brought us mind you) to the promise land? i don't think so....and i'm frightened to see what Larry Quinn does if/when Golisano takes over. Remember Regier is Quinn's hire... (pains in my stomach)

I guess I just don't see how the trades made help this team at all. I hate to be negative (Sabre Ally, i know you'll be on my case) but I'm just a frustrated Sabre fan.

-Fushetts

Sabre Ally
03-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by fushetti

I guess I just don't see how the trades made help this team at all. I hate to be negative (Sabre Ally, i know you'll be on my case) but I'm just a frustrated Sabre fan.

-Fushetts

I wasn't going to say anything, and I think it is unfair of you to call me out personally. I hate Regier as much as the rest of you!

The Spaz
03-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Regier has done the only thing he can do! We sure can't take on salary so what do you suggest? Regier did a hell of a deal getting Briere from the Coyotes also a second rounder and one of Dallas's top prospects for Barnes. I'd say that that was a good deal. We would have been better off if Regier was given the money to actually sign draft picks! I'm not saying Darcy is perfect but he in far from the only person who should take the blame! Go Sabres!

WereRat
03-12-2003, 08:22 AM
At this point in time is there such thing as a non-frustrated Sabres fan?

Buffarama
03-12-2003, 09:22 AM
The only thing I can hope for at this time is a house cleaning in management. Until then, all this is just window dressing.

fushetti
03-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
The only thing I can hope for at this time is a house cleaning in management. Until then, all this is just window dressing.

I hear that. Regier...he makes me queasy. i do like Briere tho.

Sabre Ally
03-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I think Briere was a great pickup.