Ken Hamlin ... can anyone tell me about this free safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Ken Hamlin ... can anyone tell me about this free safety?

3. Ken Hamlin* - Arkansas - 6-2, 210, 4.42

can anyone tell me something about this guy?

is he in the draft?

found some decent break downs of players and they all have pictures (i like to see what the guy looks like).

they list this guy as the top free safety.

and mathis isnt even on the list.. that worries me.. could mathis end up being a workout warrior?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Kevikid
    • Mar 2003

Couldn't find any pics of him, but Mathis can be found in the cornerbacks section of the site. He's the 5th rated.
    Clump's #1 Fan

Comment

• Kevikid
      • Mar 2003

And before I fall asleep on my notes, just want to chime in one more time and thank all you guys for being so welcoming. Sorry for the quick, one-sentence replies too. :)
      Clump's #1 Fan

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Let me Welcome you as well Kev.

Comment

• Doc
          • Dec 2002

He's in the draft, although the combine numbers I have say he ran a 4.61.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

I have Hamlin at a 4.55... But since I didn't measure it, I'm not sure where it was taken. (I think the combine)

Personally, I think Hamlin was the 2nd best FS in the draft... But that was only good for a late 2nd or early 3rd... Mathis was always (well before the combine) in my book as the top FS. The combine just solidified that in my mind (as Mathis turned out to be much faster than I thought he was) where Mathis ran a 4.43

Now the reason why he (Mathis) is listed as a CB is because he played CB in college... however, I think the football universe is sold on this guy playing FS in the NFL.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

What about Battle from TN? I never saw him play but he is highly rated, has size and speed and is said to be a possibility at corner as well. I like the idea of having a FS with coverage skills good enough to at least be considered at CB.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Ken Hamlin is a good FS. Ingtar (of course) is right in that Mathis is probably the top guy right now since he is faster. He played CB in college (at a small school). I don't think it's considered too big a position change to go from CB to FS. Mathis is also supposed to be a character guy. Hamlin is a good athlete with good size and decent speed. He was very productive on the field, considered to be smart in his on-field play. Off field he has a few issues, DUI arrests or something like that. It's not a major deal but something to be aware of.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

it seems that hamlin has some character issues? he got suspended from the team for while?
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Battle has good numbers and is potentially a good FS. I think he is generally regarded as a little less instinctive, doesn't always make good decisions.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

battle has a much cooler name though..

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

Wow TJ... been doing your homework,

Yep character issues for Hamlin... Battle is one of those guys who has the physical tools to play, but probably will never have the pure instincts to by a playmaker.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

reminds me of that scrub we took in the second round from gtech.. damn.. what was his name.. we just cut him recently.. grrr.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

tavaris tillman?

Comment

Working...
                            X