• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Theres only 1 RB that Id love us to land after the 1st round

Thats Michael Bush:

This is a player that does it all. He isnt a burner but neither is Shaun Alexander, and this guy has better moves and vision than Alexander did comming out of Bama.

I like the looks of Pittman as well, but Bush is a beast.

Heres a guy who we could land with our 4th and end up with a guy that can start day one.

Yes, he will recover that fast.

• camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Theres only 1 RB that Id love us to land after the 1st round

Stay away from Bush in the first day,but he is the drafted by the bills i hope he is picked with a day 2 pick, and not the only plan the bills have at running back, because the kid CAN'T stay healthy.

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
      Stay away from Bush in the first day,but he is the drafted by the bills i hope he is picked with a day 2 pick, and not the only plan the bills have at running back, because the kid CAN'T stay healthy.
      Diamond in the rough!
      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
        Diamond in the rough!
        I agree, but they should have other options due to his history. Make him earn it. Maybe team him with another back from this years draft for some competition.

Comment

• gil
          • Mar 2005

I'm sorry, but we took a big chance on another "stud" college RB with injury issues and it worked out somewhat ok for us - this is a position that takes wear and tear like few others, and we want to start behind the 8-ball taking a guy who is this beat-up already?

I'm in love with potential as much as the next guy, but the risk/reward with this dude is a bit over the top if you ask me.

Comment

• B-DON
            hi
            • Mar 2004

isnt that why its a called high risk high reward

Comment

• gil
              • Mar 2005

I guess I have another point - we need a RB to step in *immediately* -

It's not like we're a deep RB team who can take a flyer on a project/rehab case like Michael Bush - say we draft LB/CB or something akin to that in the first couple rounds, and then our projected RB contributor is a guy with a very shady injury history?

I like where you're coming from with this post, but I think this would be relatively insane.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Take him in the 4th it reduces the risk. If someone else takes them earlier then good for them. I for one am sick of crossing my fingers hoping for a injured back to reach his college potential.

Comment

• gil
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
                  isnt that why its a called high risk high reward
                  I guess, see my post above, but this is not a position where we can play games with this year - the RB draft choice absolutely has to be a contributor, and while anything can happen to anyone in football, I'd rather not have to take this big of a chance on something this critical.

Comment

• gil
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                    Take him in the 4th it reduces the risk. If someone else takes them earlier then good for them. I for one am sick of crossing my fingers hoping for a injured back to reach his college potential.
                    Edited: let's hope we go a safer route.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

M. Bush won't make it to the 4th round! Mid 3rd latest!

Comment

• Neggie Nancy
                        Veteran Zoner
                        • Apr 2007

If you could give me ANY RB in the entire draft after AP and Lynch.

My pick would be Jackie Battle.. I think he's going to be another Travis Henry. I like him more than Pittman, Irons, Hunt, Bush and even Leonard.

I am kinda REALLY hoping should we not get one of the top two at 12 or trade for Turner, that we end up with Jackie Battle.. I think he's this year's Colston, though he aint lasting til round 7.. I think he goes mid third/fourth round ahead of a few better name players like Booker, Wynn and Walker.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Michael Bush reminds me a lot of Lee Suggs.

Tore it up in college and was thought of as one of the best 3 backs in the nation, then got hurt. Suggs injuries nagged him throughout his NFL career but he showed flashes at times of his ability and starpower...It was enough of a tease to want him there full-time but the body couldn't handle it. I see the same happening with Bush.

I'd stay away.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

i think kenny irons is gonna be a serious pro back. there was talk last year he would have been a mid 1st rounder had he come out last year. i dont know the overall situation at auburn but id imagine some talent dropped off after there couple crazy teams the few years before

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                              • Mar 2003

I'd say he's rough among the diamonds. I wasn't so enamored w/ him even before his injury. I'd much rather have Pittman, Chris Henry, or Walker from ND.
                              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X