PDA

View Full Version : Theres only 1 RB that Id love us to land after the 1st round

X-Era
04-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Thats Michael Bush:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4712

This is a player that does it all. He isnt a burner but neither is Shaun Alexander, and this guy has better moves and vision than Alexander did comming out of Bama.

I like the looks of Pittman as well, but Bush is a beast.

Heres a guy who we could land with our 4th and end up with a guy that can start day one.

Yes, he will recover that fast.

camelcowboy
04-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Stay away from Bush in the first day,but he is the drafted by the bills i hope he is picked with a day 2 pick, and not the only plan the bills have at running back, because the kid CAN'T stay healthy.

jpdex12
04-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Stay away from Bush in the first day,but he is the drafted by the bills i hope he is picked with a day 2 pick, and not the only plan the bills have at running back, because the kid CAN'T stay healthy.

Diamond in the rough!

camelcowboy
04-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Diamond in the rough!I agree, but they should have other options due to his history. Make him earn it. Maybe team him with another back from this years draft for some competition.

gil
04-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry, but we took a big chance on another "stud" college RB with injury issues and it worked out somewhat ok for us - this is a position that takes wear and tear like few others, and we want to start behind the 8-ball taking a guy who is this beat-up already?

I'm in love with potential as much as the next guy, but the risk/reward with this dude is a bit over the top if you ask me.

B-DON
04-21-2007, 10:17 PM
isnt that why its a called high risk high reward

gil
04-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I guess I have another point - we need a RB to step in *immediately* -

It's not like we're a deep RB team who can take a flyer on a project/rehab case like Michael Bush - say we draft LB/CB or something akin to that in the first couple rounds, and then our projected RB contributor is a guy with a very shady injury history?

I like where you're coming from with this post, but I think this would be relatively insane.

camelcowboy
04-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Take him in the 4th it reduces the risk. If someone else takes them earlier then good for them. I for one am sick of crossing my fingers hoping for a injured back to reach his college potential.

gil
04-21-2007, 10:21 PM
isnt that why its a called high risk high reward
I guess, see my post above, but this is not a position where we can play games with this year - the RB draft choice absolutely has to be a contributor, and while anything can happen to anyone in football, I'd rather not have to take this big of a chance on something this critical.

gil
04-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Take him in the 4th it reduces the risk. If someone else takes them earlier then good for them. I for one am sick of crossing my fingers hoping for a injured back to reach his college potential.

Edited: let's hope we go a safer route.

alohabillsfan
04-22-2007, 06:14 AM
M. Bush won't make it to the 4th round! Mid 3rd latest!

Neggie Nancy
04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
If you could give me ANY RB in the entire draft after AP and Lynch.

My pick would be Jackie Battle.. I think he's going to be another Travis Henry. I like him more than Pittman, Irons, Hunt, Bush and even Leonard.

I am kinda REALLY hoping should we not get one of the top two at 12 or trade for Turner, that we end up with Jackie Battle.. I think he's this year's Colston, though he aint lasting til round 7.. I think he goes mid third/fourth round ahead of a few better name players like Booker, Wynn and Walker.

Mr. Pink
04-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Michael Bush reminds me a lot of Lee Suggs.

Tore it up in college and was thought of as one of the best 3 backs in the nation, then got hurt. Suggs injuries nagged him throughout his NFL career but he showed flashes at times of his ability and starpower...It was enough of a tease to want him there full-time but the body couldn't handle it. I see the same happening with Bush.

I'd stay away.

djjimkelly
04-22-2007, 01:13 PM
i think kenny irons is gonna be a serious pro back. there was talk last year he would have been a mid 1st rounder had he come out last year. i dont know the overall situation at auburn but id imagine some talent dropped off after there couple crazy teams the few years before

ShadowHawk7
04-22-2007, 06:16 PM
I'd say he's rough among the diamonds. I wasn't so enamored w/ him even before his injury. I'd much rather have Pittman, Chris Henry, or Walker from ND.

pintonick96
04-22-2007, 06:23 PM

What other injuries has he had besides his major leg break?

Devin
04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
What other injuries has he had besides his major leg break?

Thats like asking "what other injuries did that QB have apart from a severe arm break?"

No thanks ill take a RB with two healthy legs for once.

Buffalogic
04-23-2007, 02:00 AM
I'm sorry, but we took a big chance on another "stud" college RB with injury issues and it worked out somewhat ok for us - this is a position that takes wear and tear like few others, and we want to start behind the 8-ball taking a guy who is this beat-up already?

I'm in love with potential as much as the next guy, but the risk/reward with this dude is a bit over the top if you ask me.
Yeah, you could compare Bush to McGahee in a negative light, but you could also compare Bush to Gore in a positive one.

Gore was the starter at Miami until he got injured which then gave McGahee his chance to shine. Gore had lots of talent but definately had durability issues so he slipped down to the third round. Look how that's working out for San Fran.

Michael Bush looks big and mean and I think could be effective as a pro. Give the guy a chance before comparing him so negatively to McGahee. Besides Bush isn't an egomaniac like McGahee.

jamze132
04-23-2007, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't mind Bush in the 2nd, provided we get Willis at #12.

Michael Bush isn't a "diamond in the rough". Michael Bush was going to be Heisman candidate before he broke his leg. I would draft him anywhere outside the first round.

If Michael Bush wasn't hurt, Mel ****in' Kiper would be talking about how deep RBs are in the 1st round. Bush will be a beast in the NFL much like Bettis.

Statman
04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Why is it that Bills fans always want to go with the riskiest picks?

Kenny
04-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Yeah, you could compare Bush to McGahee in a negative light, but you could also compare Bush to Gore in a positive one.

Gore was the starter at Miami until he got injured which then gave McGahee his chance to shine. Gore had lots of talent but definately had durability issues so he slipped down to the third round. Look how that's working out for San Fran.

Michael Bush looks big and mean and I think could be effective as a pro. Give the guy a chance before comparing him so negatively to McGahee. Besides Bush isn't an egomaniac like McGahee.

I dont know... I've seem a couple of games, and though he's impressive in college, Im not sure he'll be good in the pros.

YES he looks big and mean, but if you watch him in college, he's very different from AP or Lynch. You just dont see Bush try and use his size and run over people very much (if at all). He always tries to elude tacklers and run around them. Problem is... the guy only runs a 4.6-4.7 and isnt your typical burner.

Who knows... maybe in the pros he'll learn not to shy away from contact, -but I have a feeling we've got another Eric Shelton coming.

HHURRICANE
04-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Willis turned out great.

Let's draft Bush, waste his first year letting him recuperate, get 2 productive years out of him before his agent asks for an extension or trade, and go find yet another project.

Or...

Draft Pittman, take Bush day 2, so we can have a RB controversy.

Is there a scenario that works with Bush? No!!!

Michael82
04-23-2007, 07:58 AM
*cough* Thurman Thomas *cough*

jamze132
04-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Why is it that Bills fans always want to go with the riskiest picks?
What's riskey about taking a potential Heisman candidate barring injury in the
2nd? He is going to be just fine.