PDA

View Full Version : WR early in the draft?

OpIv37
04-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Both Price and Reed signed heavily backloaded contracts:

Price: $1.6 million (2007), $2 million (2008) and $2.8 million (2009) plus amortized bonuses

Reed signed a 4 year, $10 million deal- he made 600k in 06 and 1.25m in 07, meaning there is still $8 million in salary and $1 million+ in amortized bonuses due to him.
(Clump, help me out if any of these numbers are wrong).

So, we're looking at going into 2008 with approximately $8 million tied up in a pair of #3 receivers fronting as #2 receivers.

This draft is fairly deep at WR so don't be surpised if the Bills go with a WR early- it's time to start preparing for the departure of at least one of these guys.

SABURZFAN
04-22-2007, 10:23 AM
i didn't realize the contracts of those two.if that's the case,we do need a WR.those contracts are horrible. :down:

BILLSROCK1212
04-22-2007, 10:29 AM
restructure Price's contract and release him following next season but we MUST draft a WR in the first 3 rounds

OpIv37
04-22-2007, 10:29 AM
i didn't realize the contracts of those two.if that's the case,we do need a WR.those contracts are horrible. :down:

when I criticized the big contract numbers last year, everyone defended it by saying "it's backloaded so if they don't perform they won't get the money". Well, they're not performing so we better start finding a replacement so we don't have to give them all that backloaded cash.

venis2k1
04-22-2007, 10:36 AM
restructure Price's contract and release him following next season but we MUST draft a WR in the first 3 rounds

we MUST draft a RB, at least 1 LB, and prolly a CB in the first 3 rounds. it would be nice to find an impact WR through the draft. we should have a conversation about wants and needs.

Neggie Nancy
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
If we took a WR early in the draft, I think it could lead to the departure of Price as early as THIS year before the end of camp.

I think Reed's pretty well locked into a #3 WR spot and he can block well. Parrish is a #4.

If Price isn't a #2 I don't see much of a role for him on the team.

Now as much as I'd LIKE To see us make an early move on WR (I'm all for having an explosive offense first, and I've said that numerous times) , my prediction is it doesn't happen. I think Marv is keeping this unit in tact, at least for one more year.