PDA

View Full Version : HaHa, someone still values Tom Donahoe's opinion

billsburgh
04-23-2007, 01:55 AM
"Overall, this is a good draft," said Tom Donahoe, who drafted for the Steelers and the Bills and now consults for the St. Louis Rams. "I'll give it a B overall. I don't think it's a great draft.

"There are some positions really strong. Wide receiver is a very good position. It has numbers, this draft, size, guys who can run, and it has the best player in the draft at that position, Calvin Johnson."

"Wide receiver, offensive linemen and defensive ends would be at the top," Donahoe said. "The linebacker class is not as deep as it has been, but at the top, there are some pretty good guys. It just runs out quick."

The safety class is probably better and deeper than the corners, unusually so," Donahoe said. "Tight end is terrible. Running back wasn't good and then 11 juniors came out, and that made it better. Still, it's not great. There are two guys at the top and then a bunch of guys

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07112/780051-66.stm

evol4276
04-23-2007, 02:15 AM
There are two guys at the top and then a bunch of guys thats awesome analyzing skills right there for ya!

billsburgh
04-23-2007, 02:16 AM
That's why we're in the shape we're in right now. 5 years of that crap.

Night Train
04-23-2007, 05:23 AM
TD is looking for the next Josh Reed or Roscoe Parrish in the first 2 Rounds, while ignoring needs.

Go Rams !

TacklingDummy
04-23-2007, 06:40 AM
TDs draft choices overall were good. He had a feel stinkers. But who doesn't?

HHURRICANE
04-23-2007, 07:16 AM
TDs draft choices overall were good. He had a feel stinkers. But who doesn't?

Do you ever try not to be argumentative? I'd ask you to back your statement up but you won't.

Statman
04-23-2007, 07:30 AM
It's funny; Donahoe has not changed. Yet everyone here thought that the man was a genius seven years ago and during his early tenure.

Now we have Levy and everyone's saying the exact same things.

History is a good teacher for those capable and willing to learn from her.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Funnier yet are those who criticized TD for ignoring the O-Line and spending money on big name/money players and now rip Marv apart for for addressing the O-Line and not signing big nam/big money players.

billsburgh
04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
It's funny; Donahoe has not changed. Yet everyone here thought that the man was a genius seven years ago and during his early tenure.

Now we have Levy and everyone's saying the exact same things.

History is a good teacher for those capable and willing to learn from her.
not eveyone

Statman
04-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Funnier yet are those who criticized TD for ignoring the O-Line and spending money on big name/money players and now rip Marv apart for for addressing the O-Line and not signing big nam/big money players.
Sure, if you call Whittle, a 32 year old backup, and Walker, a horrible one year in five starter "addressing the O-Line.

Could be a difference in perspective, huh.

If we had signed some other stiff backup and some other loser RT that had allowed over 10 sacks and started once in five seasons then somehow I doubt you'd have called it "progress" or adequately addressing the O-Line.

Levy blows his nose and everyone here wants to squeeze the kleenex that he sneezed in out to make the Thanksgiving day gravy.

Statman
04-23-2007, 07:40 AM
not eveyone
I know. Most however.

Just like lemmings. Anything that the Bills do is just great while if the Fins had made the same moves there would be laughter here like you couldn't even imagine.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Sure, if you call Whittle, a 32 year old backup, and Walker, a horrible one year in five starter "addressing the O-Line.

Could be a difference in perspective, huh.

If we had signed some other stiff backup and some other loser RT that had allowed over 10 sacks and started once in five seasons then somehow I doubt you'd have called it "progress" or adequately addressing the O-Line.

Levy blows his nose and everyone here wants to squeeze the kleenex that he sneezed in out to make the Thanksgiving day gravy.

I could have sworn the Bills also signed Dockery and gave Peters a contract extension.

Must be that perspective thing again.

Statman
04-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Great. So since Peters wasn't here last year on one of the worst lines in the entire league, that'll be an upgrade.

What was that you were saying about perspective again?

Yes, if we can then agree that Dockery is the sole upgrade to our line, then we would in fact be in agreement.

Funny though, given how horrid, and I do mean utterly horrid we were last year on O largely due to the line, what, we were "one lineman away?"

Sure.

Statman
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
PS As good as you may seem to think that Dockery is, he's not exactly a world class Guard. Sorry.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Great. So since Peters wasn't here last year on one of the worst lines in the entire league, that'll be an upgrade.

What was that you were saying about perspective again?

Yes, if we can then agree that Dockery is the sole upgrade to our line, then we would in fact be in agreement.

Funny though, given how horrid, and I do mean utterly horrid we were last year on O largely due to the line, what, we were "one lineman away?"

Sure.

So because the line was bad (or at least in the first half of the year) all of the players are bad? Are you denying that the line improved as the year went on or that Peters played well? He is a very good pass blocker (and the pass protection was actually good once it was re-aligned)

Peters is young and improving. Fowler was decent. Dockery was an upgrade. Walker and Pennington will fight for RT.

RG might still be a problem. I am not impressed with Preston. I hope Butler comes along.

Perpsective. They do not have 5 All-pros. No doubt. They do have a potential cornerstoane type of LT. Asd a LG that sould make for a very good left side. A heady center to call out the schemes.

So it is not just one guy away. It is gained expereince and time playing together.

And before you go off on Peters, remeber how horrid Howard Ballard was early in his career.

The Answer
04-23-2007, 10:51 AM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07112/780051-66.stm

Donablow got a job with St Louis?

Don't look for the rams to be in the playoffs anytime soon then.

~The Answer