• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

There's no reason to be remotely optimistic

There are absolutely no reasons for a team to be optimistic about the upcoming season after coming off a 5-11 season, with its offense ranking 25th in points nad its defense ranking 18th overall. Heck, it only went 8-8 in the previous season and 9-7 the season before that. The running game was completely non-existent, and its franchise quarterback had no explosive receiving weapons.This team was widely regarded to finish last in the division, with no playoffs in the future.

Who's this team?

The 2001 New England Patriots, who went on to win the next 3 out of 4 SuperBowls.

Before you people get your panties up in a bunch, the point is not that the Bills are the Patriots, but it's NEVER SAY NEVER. Any time you think you're sure, reality always surprises you.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: There's no reason to be remotely optimistic

That's why you go out on the field and play all 16 games. Who cares what the "experts" say. Like most of us, they're right about 50% of the time.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamesiscool
      suck it fool.
      • Feb 2007

very well said. im not expecting alot out of this team, although my hopes are high its almost like my expectation s are very low. BUT im always up for a surprise. so here it goes.

just one good season thats all im asking for.

GO BILLS
      Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Before you people get your panties up in a bunch, the point is not that the Bills are the Patriots, but it's NEVER SAY NEVER. Any time you think you're sure, reality always surprises you.

I've been waiting for reality to surpise me for most of a decade. So far, it hasn't happened.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamesiscool
          suck it fool.
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I've been waiting for reality to surpise me for most of a decade. So far, it hasn't happened.
          come on op, 7 years isn't a decade! lol

Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It could be worse. You could be a Lions fan. They've been waiting since 1957.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamesiscool
              come on op, 7 years isn't a decade! lol

well to be fair, i did say "most of a decade".
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamesiscool
                suck it fool.
                • Feb 2007

well to be fair, i did say "most of a decade".
                ok ok u win.
                Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Statman
                  • Oct 2003

There are absolutely no reasons for a team to be optimistic about the upcoming season after coming off a 5-11 season, with its offense ranking 25th in points nad its defense ranking 18th overall. Heck, it only went 8-8 in the previous season and 9-7 the season before that. The running game was completely non-existent, and its franchise quarterback had no explosive receiving weapons.This team was widely regarded to finish last in the division, with no playoffs in the future.

Who's this team?

The 2001 New England Patriots, who went on to win the next 3 out of 4 SuperBowls.

Of all the teams that fit, or came close to fitting that criteria over time, how many went on to do what the Patriots did?

Kurt Warner was stocking supermarket shelves too before joining the Rams and going to a Super Bowl. I suppose then by that logic that we should immediately run out and grab every supermarket stocker that ever played football and sign them all to be our backup QBs.

Or let's only draft RBs in round 6 because that's where Terrell Davis was drafted.

LMAO

The logic applied in these forums is entertaining to be sure.
                  Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Statman
                    Of all the teams that fit, or came close to fitting that criteria over time, how many went on to do what the Patriots did?

Kurt Warner was stocking supermarket shelves too before joining the Rams and going to a Super Bowl. I suppose then by that logic that we should immediately run out and grab every supermarket stocker that ever played football and sign them all to be our backup QBs.

Or let's only draft RBs in round 6 because that's where Terrell Davis was drafted.

LMAO

I'm sorry you didn't read my post at all.

The point of this thread is NEVER SAY NEVER, not specifically supermarket stock boys and round 6 running backs. You can hold on tight to the negative attitudes with your life all you want, but some of us choose to keep our minds open and our hopes up, because to us life is better hopeful than dreadful.

If you must feel that way, this thread is not for you. Bye.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

the point is not that the Bills are the Patriots

Therein being the problem.
                      Last edited by mchurchfie; 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

but some of us choose to keep our minds open and our hopes up, because to us life is better hopeful than dreadful.

If you must feel that way, this thread is not for you. Bye.

if you keep your hopes up but you're constantly disappointed becasue the things you hope for never actually happen, that sounds pretty dreadful to me.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Who's this team?

And they had a coach who had only one winning season out of six
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

It could be worse. You could be a Lions fan. They've been waiting since 1957.
                            Or even worse, a Dolphins fan.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Statman

LMAO

wow gotta love that We will always suck attitude, you must be so proud of yourself....

Sorry I will never share your views......

Comment

Working...
                              X