• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

So if Willis and Peterson are gone at #12

The Answer imagines this question has already been asked - but who do we pick if Willis and Peterson are both gone? Let's also assume that Leon Hall isn't available either.

The Answer thinks the most logical thing to do would be trade down, but knowing this front office you have to believe they will 'reach' anyway.

Thoughts?

~The Answer
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: So if Willis and Peterson are gone at #12

in my eyes there isn't another option besides trade down.

Or i could see them possibly taking a chance on lynch... but i dunno.

scray to think about if u ask me.
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

My guess is that in that situation, they take Poz, and pat moran and I engage in ritual suicide.

Trading down would make the most sense, but there is one problem: if there is no one we deem worthy of the 12th pick, the 20 teams behind us in the 1st round may agree and there may not be anyone willing to trade up.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

The San Diego Union-Tribune believes Chargers general manager A.J. Smith would take a first-round and second-day pick either this year or next in exchange for Michael Turner.
        The paper says it's also possible Smith could settle for an early second-rounder this year combined with a second-day pick in 2008, but doesn't feel urgent to move Turner because he expects to get a third-round compensatory pick when Turner leaves as a free agent next offseason.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          My guess is that in that situation, they take Poz, and pat moran and I engage in ritual suicide.
          Pos-lusz-ny! Pos-lusz-ny! Pos-lusz-ny! Pos-lusz-ny! Pos-lusz-ny!

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

there's always the chance that they could trade up for someone they really want but wont be there at12, like Peterson.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Trading down would make the most sense, but there is one problem: if there is no one we deem worthy of the 12th pick, the 20 teams behind us in the 1st round may agree and there may not be anyone willing to trade up.
              Do you think the Steelers would be reaching taking Poz at 15? Because I think there is a great chance they will take him.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Greg Olsen TE Tha U!

And Corey, I'm thinking that the Stillers are taking either Leon Hall or Darelle Revis, not sure which of the two. Their corners are absolutely attrocious.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  Greg Olsen TE Tha U!

And Corey, I'm thinking that the Stillers are taking either Leon Hall or Darelle Revis, not sure which of the two. Their corners are absolutely attrocious.
                  You could be right Thomas but Poz is also on their list big time.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Greg Olsen TE Tha U!

Yeah, lets draft another ******* whose agent is Drew Rosenhaus. That would do us a lot of good.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Exactly. Which is why if Willis and AP are off the board, we may get "stuck" at 12 through no fault of the front office.

If we do get "stuck" at 12 with Willis and AP off the board and no one interested in helping us trade down, it might make a deal for Turner more likely. I.e., if we're already faced with the prospect of not getting the pure value we'd like at 12, OBD probably won't feel as bad about moving that pick and resolving our RB situation with Turner. Who knows.

If it were up to me, under these circmustances I'd take Beason at 12, and trade our 2nd and a 3rd-4th next year to San Diego for Turner. Then grab a corner and a WR in round 3.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Count The Answer in as well - if Poz is drafted, The Answer is going to snap.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          Yeah, lets draft another ******* whose agent is Drew Rosenhaus. That would do us a lot of good.

So now we can only draft people based on who they are represented by?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

So now we can only draft people based on who they are represented by?
                            In this case yes.

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by billsburgh
                              there's always the chance that they could trade up for someone they really want but wont be there at12, like Peterson.
                              As much as The Answer is fully onboard the Peterson bandwagon - This team has too many holes to fill to give away both 1st and 2nd round picks to take AP.

But for a 1st and 3rd - than who knows.....

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X