PDA

View Full Version : NBC/NHL may now change scheduled game 2

Coach Sal
04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Acording to WGRZ website...........

NBC announced Sunday that game 2 of the series would be played Saturday in Buffalo, but have since changed their schedule. The NBC website no longer lists any teams for the nationally televised game.

I honestly wonder if NBC is worried about ratings in the Buffalo and NY markets due to the draft?!

Coach Sal
04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
NBC website now looks like this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=10 width=516 align=center border=5><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>Saturday, April 28</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=3>Conference Semifinals
TBA</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#cccccc>3:00 p.m.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Sunday, April 29</TD><TD align=middle colSpan=3>Conference Semifinals (Teams TBD)</TD><TD align=middle>2:00 p.m.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This morning, it had Sabres/Rangers listed in the Saturday slot.

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Good, I hope we play Wednesday and Friday

Valerie
04-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Acording to WGRZ website...........

I honestly wonder if NBC is worried about ratings in the Buffalo and NY markets due to the draft?!
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly can't understand why the draft is such a big deal. First of all, it's boring as hell to watch and it takes damn near forever to complete. Secondly, most people are only interested in what their team does, so you're only watching a few minutes each round. Lastly, how could there even be competition between a STANLEY CUP FINAL HOCKEY GAME where YOUR TEAM IS PLAYING and a stupid, boring draft????? It honestly makes absolutely no sense to me.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly can't understand why the draft is such a big deal. First of all, it's boring as hell to watch and it takes damn near forever to complete. Secondly, most people are only interested in what their team does, so you're only watching a few minutes each round. Lastly, how could there even be competition between a STANLEY CUP FINAL HOCKEY GAME where YOUR TEAM IS PLAYING and a stupid, boring draft????? It honestly makes absolutely no sense to me.
You are 100% correct Valerie! :bf1:

JD
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Great post, I love you. The draft is mostly for those old timers who sit on their fat asses with a beer and a bag of chips while they decide to either break the tv or squirt one off depending on his teams selection.

Michael82
04-23-2007, 12:14 PM
The NHL is really making it harder to sell tickets when we don't even know when the dates are on freaking Monday. It makes no sense to wait until the other conference is done with the first round. The East is completely done, the damn schedule should be announced today. :mad:

BAM
04-23-2007, 12:23 PM
OK so that was for the SECOND game? When the heck is the first one?

Michael82
04-23-2007, 12:41 PM
OK so that was for the SECOND game? When the heck is the first one?
the NHL hasn't announced it yet. They might not announce it until after the final game tonight. :ill:

OpIv37
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
someone just posted in the BZ that the Sabres are playing Wed, Fri and Sun, but they didn't provide a link.

Michael82
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
someone just posted in the BZ that the Sabres are playing Wed, Fri and Sun, but they didn't provide a link.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/60243.html

Mitchy moo
04-23-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/60243.html

nice!