PDA

View Full Version : My Final Mock Draft.. With Trades

Neggie Nancy
04-23-2007, 12:03 PM
This is my final mock draft version before the NFL draft takes place on Saturday, and this time I've included some trades.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Naturally it's hard enough to project draft picks to teams without looking foolish. Throw in trades and you're setting yourself up to look really bad come next Monday. Still, it makes forecasting the draft a bit more interesting and with every trade I think it benefitted both parties involved.
<o:p> </o:p>
Without further ado, the way I see the 2007 NFL draft unfolding this weekend on day one (day two coming Thursday).
**TRADE** The Buffalo Bills send their second round pick (43<SUP>rd</SUP>) and a 2008 third rounder to San Diego for running back Michael Turner. This trade gets announced sometime between Friday and before the Bills are off the clock at pick No. 43 in round two.
1. Oakland Raiders- JaMarcus Russell, QB (LSU)<o:p></o:p>
The cool rumor has the Raiders taking Calvin Johnson with this pick, but come draft time expect the Raiders to hand in a card with Russell's name on it. Oakland passed on a pair of franchise quarterbacks last year in Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler; don't expect a repeat mistake. On a side note, I wonder what Russell's arm-strength rating is going to be in Madden this year.<o:p></o:p>
** TRADE** The Detroit Lions trade the 2nd pick in the draft to the Tampa Bay Bucaneers for their first rounder (4th), second rounder (35th) and 3rd rounder (68th)<o:p></o:p>
2. Tampa Bay Bucaneers- Calvin Johnson, WR (Georgia Tech)<o:p></o:p>
By giving up second and third rounders to move up for Johnson, the Bucs are paying a heavy price. Fortunately for them, he's well worth it. This guy is fast like Moss, big like Owens and carries himself like Harrison. He's everything you can ask for in a receiver. For all the receivers the Lions have taken this decade, this may have been the one time they'd be wise to stand pat and take Johnson here.<o:p></o:p>
3. Cleveland Browns- Adrian Peterson, RB (Oklahoma)<o:p></o:p>
Running backs are a dime a dozen, but franchise backs don't come so easily. Freak injuries aside, Peterson is a monster. His body fat percentage is only 4.5, and he didn't drop a single pass during his pro day workout.<o:p></o:p>
4. Detroit Lions- Gaines Adams, DE (Clemson)<o:p></o:p>
With last year's first rounder Ernie Simms, Adams becomes a big part of what should be a vastly improved defense. Many assume Joe Thomas will be the pick in this spot, but the Lions would be wiser to draft for a potentially dominating front seven.<o:p></o:p>
5. Arizona Cardinals- Joe Thomas, T (Wisconsin)<o:p></o:p>
The ironic thing about this pick is, Arizona needs offensive line help so bad that if they had the first pick the team would probably still take Thomas. Luckily for them, he falls directly into their lap at five.<o:p></o:p>
** TRADE** - The Washington Redskins trade their first rounder (6th) and fifth rounder (143rd) to the Miami Dolphins for Miami's first rounder (9th) and second rounder (60th)<o:p></o:p>
6. Miami Dolphins- Brady Quinn, QB (Notre Dame)<o:p></o:p>
The run of deplorable quarterbacking post-Marino prompts the team to move ahead of Minnesota to make sure they land Quinn. With Quinn on board, fans may soon forget the horrific days of Culpepper, Harrington, Fielder, Lucas, etc.<o:p></o:p>
7. Minnesota Vikings- Adam Carriker, DE (Nebraska)<o:p></o:p>
This will be the first pick that critics will call a "reach", but Carriker is a perfect fit on a defense badly in need of better pash rushing defensive ends. Wide receiver will be a consideration but seven is too high to go there. Plug Carriker in and don't worry about him for the better part of the next decade.<o:p></o:p>
8. Atlanta Falcons- Laron Landry, S (LSU)<o:p></o:p>
This will be the fastest pick of the first round. So fast in fact, Roger Goodell may not get done saying "Atlanta is now on the clock" before a Falcons representative sprints the card to the podium. See ya, Chris Crocker.<o:p></o:p>
9. Washington Redskins- Amobi Okoye, DT (Louisville)<o:p></o:p>
The Redskins move down a couple of spots and still get the big defensive tackle they covet. At only 19 years old, some people are calling Okoye the next Tommie Harris.<o:p></o:p>
10. Houston Texans- Levi Brown, T (Penn State)<o:p></o:p>
If Houston is ever going to have a consistent offense it must start with the offensive line. The team didn't trade two second rounders and dish out $48 million for Matt Schaub to watch him get killed weekly. Brown is a safe pick, and given Charles Spencer's bad knee injury; a pick of need.<o:p></o:p>
11. San Francisco 49ers- Patrick Willis, LB (Mississippi)<o:p></o:p>
Head coach Mike Nolan coached Willis in the senior bowl and quickly became enamored with him. Why wouldn't he? Willis was productive in college (Butkus Award winner) and put up ridiculous numbers during the combine. With Willis, you may be seeing the next Johathan Vilma.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
** TRADE ** The Buffalo Bills trade their first round pick (12th) and 4th rounder (111th) to the Tennessee Titans for their first round pick (19th) and second rounder (50th)<o:p></o:p>
12. Tennessee Titans- Marshawn Lynch, RB (California)<o:p></o:p>
The Titans need many things, including a corner with Pacman Jones being suspended. Nothing however is a bigger need than giving Vince Young a legitimate weapon. With Lynch, the Titans get an every down back that has the ability to change the outcome of games. For Tennessee he's worth moving up for.<o:p></o:p>
13. St. Louis Rams- Ted Ginn Jr, WR (Ohio State)<o:p></o:p>
Rams coach Scott Linehan is a big fan of Ginn. Besides the fact both Holt and Bruce are getting old fast, Ginn has the ability to be one of the game's premier kick returners.<o:p></o:p>
14. Carolina Panthers- Jamaal Anderson, DE (Arkansas)<o:p></o:p>
Once thought of as a top seven pick, Anderson has seen his stock fall some of late and with no good reason. The Panthers could really use a playmaking tight end like Greg Olsen, but with Anderson still on the board they won't let him slip by.<o:p></o:p>
15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Leon Hall, CB (Michigan)<o:p></o:p>
The Steelers need help at corner badly, and despite being torched by USC and Ohio State while in college, Hall's still the top rated cornerback in the draft. He has the ability to start from day one.<o:p></o:p>
16. Green Bay Packers- Greg Olsen, TE (Miami)<o:p></o:p>
Green Bay hoped Lynch would fall into their lap, but when that doesn't happen they decide the best route is to get 87-year old quarterback Brett Favre another weapon. In all seriousness, Favre still has the ability to win games with his arm and Bubba Franks has become such a dissapointment this pick makes great sense.<o:p></o:p>
17. Jacksonville Jaguars- Reggie Nelson, S (Florida)<o:p></o:p>
Perfect match. Jacksonville needs a safety after losing Deon Grant, and this is right about where Nelson is projected to go. Plug him in and he'll be ready to start from training camp forward.<o:p></o:p>
18. Cincinnati Bengals- Alan Branch, DT (Michigan)<o:p></o:p>
Branch, like Anderson has seen his stock fall over the past few months. Unlike Anderson, there are legitimate reasons. While at times Branch was physically unstoppable at Michigan, he earned a reputation for taking too many plays off and at times flat-out underachieved. Still, he has rare ability for a defensive tackle and with a good coach could realize his potential. Marvin Lewis is as good as it gets in getting the most out of a defense.<o:p></o:p>
19. Buffalo Bills- Jon Beason, LB (Miami)<o:p></o:p>
Patrick Willis is the consensus best linebacker in the draft, but is he the best for a team that employs a cover two? With him gone to San Francisco and their 3-4 scheme I guess we'll never know, but one thing is for certain; Beason can be a playmaking beast on the outside. By trading down and taking Beason at a position of great need to Buffalo, the team can move back Angelo Crowell to the middle in place of London Fletcher. Though his size could become an issue (236 pounds) Beason can play from sideline to sideline as good as any LB in the draft; including Willis.<o:p></o:p>
20. New York Giants- Darrell Reevis, CB (Pittsburgh)<o:p></o:p>
The Giants need a corner, and they also need a linebacker equally. At pick number 20, Reevis is the best player on the board. Some think he's actually better than Hall. Either way, the Giants get much needed help.<o:p></o:p>
21. Denver Broncos- Jarvis Moss, DE (Florida)<o:p></o:p>
The Broncos may try and move up and grab Carriker or Anderson. Should they stand pat at this spot, Moss is the best of the defensive ends remaining. They could do far worse, and Moss reminds many of a Simeon Rice.<o:p></o:p>
22. Dallas Cowboys- Robert Meacham, WR (Tennessee)<o:p></o:p>
The Boys' need help at guard and they could also use a pass-rushing defensive end. But at this spot, Meacham is too talented to leave on the board. Both Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens are on the wrong side of 30, and who knows when the next T.O. blowup will come. Meacham could become the go-to guy in Dallas over the next couple of years.<o:p></o:p>
23. Kansas City Chiefs- Dwayne Bowe, WR (LSU)<o:p></o:p>
Eddie Kinnison is the Chiefs best receiver. Let me repeat this again. Eddie Kinnison is the Chiefs best receiver. This pick doesn't need much of an explanation. In a related note, Bowe can play and he's also regarded by far as the best blocking receiver in this year's crop.<o:p></o:p>
24. New England Patriots- Chris Houston, CB (Arkansas)<o:p></o:p>
Assante Samuel could soon be done in New England. Even if he isn't, the Patriots will take Houston in this spot anyway. NFL Network's Mike Mayock actually has Houston ranked ahead of both Hall and Reevis as a top CB prospect. I'm not sure about that, but Houston will give a lift to a team where the secondary is the weakest link.<o:p></o:p>
25. New York Jets- Aaron Ross, CB (Texas)<o:p></o:p>
The Jets still need a couple of positions filled with better talent. None come more prominent than cornerback. Ross is the kind of guy who can step in and start instantly. He'll make the entire secondary better and that coulld legitimize another Jets playoff run.<o:p></o:p>
26. Philadelphia- Michael Griffin, S (Texas)<o:p></o:p>
Michael Lewis left the Eagles for San Francisco, and coach Andy Reid wasn't shedding any tears. The reason is because of talented safeties like Griffin in this year's draft. <o:p></o:p>
27. New Orleans Saints- Paul Posluszny, LB (Penn State)<o:p></o:p>
Productive college player and a high character guy. This is the perfect spot for Posluszny to go. Corner was a major need until the Saints signed away Jason David. Posluszny will be a productive if not spectacular player at the NFL level.<o:p></o:p>
28. New England Patriots- Brandon Meriweather, S (Miami)<o:p></o:p>
The improvement to the Patriots secondary continues big time with Meriweather. He'll be groomed to soon take over for Rodney Harrison; who's seemingly been in the league for 34 years.<o:p></o:p>
29. Baltimore Ravens- Joe Staley, T (Central Michigan)<o:p></o:p>
Not a glamorous pick, but a big need nonetheless. Johnathan Ogden's days are numbered and Staley is the best offensive linemen available on the board. Guard could also be a consideration here with Ben Grubbs in the mix. <o:p></o:p>
30. San Diego Chargers- Dwayne Jarrett, WR (USC)<o:p></o:p>
The Chargers have very few weaknesses. Having a receiver to consistently make plays is one of them. A lot of people are comparing Jarrett to former USC teammate Mike Williams, but if I'm a Chargers fan I wouldn't worry about that. Jarrett can play, and he'll be a fine WR in the league. <o:p></o:p>
31. Chicago Bears- Justin Harrell, DT (Tennessee)<o:p></o:p>
When don't the Bears draft talent on defense first? Harrell is a solid DT and he brings to stability to a team that suddenly has a ton of questions at the position.<o:p></o:p>
32. Indianapolis Colts- Johnathan Wade, CB (Tennessee)<o:p></o:p>
The Colts lost both of their starting corners from last season (David and Nick Harper). Yes, cornerback isn't quite as important in a cover two defense, but it does still matter and Wade is a fantastic player. Linebacker could be a possibility here but I dont think there's a player who fits into this draft spot for Indy as good as Wade. <o:p></o:p>
ROUND 2<o:p></o:p>
33. Oakland- Tony Ugoh, T (Arkansas): Need all the OL help in the world.<o:p></o:p>
34. Detroit- Ben Grubbs, G (Auburn): Absolute first round talent.<o:p></o:p>
35. Detroit (from TB)- Lawrence Timmons, LB (Florida State): See Grubbs.<o:p></o:p>
36. Cleveland Browns- Ryan Kalil, C (USC): Let's hope Browns OL curse doesn't continue.<o:p></o:p>
37. Chicago- Steve Smith, WR (USC): Rising up draft boards... Fast<o:p></o:p>
38. Arizona- Marcus McCauley, CB (Fresno State): OL and secondary biggest weaknesses.<o:p></o:p>
39. Atlanta- Anthony Spencer, DE (Purdue): Will fit in nicely for Kearney.<o:p></o:p>
40. Miami- Justin Blalock, OL (Texas): Determined to build a better OL.<o:p></o:p>
41. Minnesota- Sidney Rice, WR (South Carolina)- Could be steal of the entire draft.<o:p></o:p>
42. San Francisco- Craig Davis, WR (LSU)- Could trade back into late first for a guy like Jarrett.<o:p></o:p>
43. San Diego (from Buffalo)- Eric Weddle, S (Utah)- This team is scary good. Weddle makes them better.<o:p></o:p>
44. Atlanta- Aaron Sears, G (Tennessee)- Should start right away.<o:p></o:p>
45. Carolina- Zack Miller, TE (Arizona)- Good compliment to Keyshawn and Smith.<o:p></o:p>
46. Pittsburgh- Ray McDonald, DE (Florida)- Defensive infusion continues.<o:p></o:p>
47. Green Bay- Tank Tyler, DT (NC State)- Will see plenty of action as a rookie.<o:p></o:p>
48. Jacksonville- Charles Johnson, DE (Georgia)- Borderline first round talent. Great spot for Jags.<o:p></o:p>
49. Cincinnati- David Harris, LB (Michigan)- Some consider him 2nd best LB in draft. <o:p></o:p>
50. Buffalo (from Tenn)- Jason Hill, WR (Washington State)- Better than Peerless Price right away.<o:p></o:p>
51. NY Giants- Doug Free, T (North Illinois)- Need more than their share of OL help.<o:p></o:p>
52. St.Louis- Lamar Woodley, DE (Michigan)- Could be a big time steal.<o:p></o:p>
53. Dallas- Andy Allerman, G (Akron)- Wanted Grubbs, but couldn't pass on Meacham in first.<o:p></o:p>
54. Kansas City- Eric Wright, CB (UNLV)- Great talent but watch out; character issues!<o:p></o:p>
55. Seattle- Josh Beekman, G (Boston College)- Think they regret losing Hutch?<o:p></o:p>
56. Denver- Brandon Siler, LB (Florida)- Has seen stock slip. I don't know why either.<o:p></o:p>
57. Philadelphia- Anthony Gonzalez, WR (Ohio State)- Character guy will bring leadership to team.<o:p></o:p>
58. New Orleans- Tanard Jackson, S (Syracuse)- If these Saints rookies pan out, look out NFC.<o:p></o:p>
59. NY Jets- Ben Patrick, TE (Delaware)- Did anyone know him 2 months ago? Perfect fit for Jets.<o:p></o:p>
60. Washington (from Miami)- Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE (Hawaii)- Talented, and ya gotta love the name.<o:p></o:p>
61. Baltimore- Drew Stanton, QB (Michigan State)- McNair may soon be on borrowed time. Boller's time is up.<o:p></o:p>
62. San Diego- Brian Leonard, RB (Rutgers)- Perfect replacement for Michael Turner.<o:p></o:p>
63. NY Jets- Tim Crowder, DE (Texas)- Can get to the quarterback.<o:p></o:p>
64. Tampa Bay- Turk McBridge, DT (Tennessee)- Can stop the run.<o:p></o:p>
ROUND THREE<o:p></o:p>
65. Oakland- Quentin Moses, DE (Georgia)<o:p></o:p>
66. Detroit- Antonio Pittman, RB (Ohio State)<o:p></o:p>
67. Cleveland- Victor Abiamiri, DE (Notre Dame)<o:p></o:p>
68. Detroit (from Tampa)- Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR (UTEP)<o:p></o:p>
69. Arizona- David Irons, CB (Auburn)<o:p></o:p>
70. Denver- Manuel Rameriz, G (Texas Tech)<o:p></o:p>
71. Miami- Brandon Mebane, DT (California)<o:p></o:p>
72. Minnesota- Trent Edwards, QB (Stanford)<o:p></o:p>
73. Houston- Marcus Thomas, DT (Florida)<o:p></o:p>
74. Buffalo- Josh Wilson, CB (Maryland)<o:p></o:p>
75. Atlanta- Aundrae Allison, WR (East Carolina)<o:p></o:p>
76. San Francisco- Dan Bazuin, DE (Central Michigan)<o:p></o:p>
77. Pittsburgh- Tony Hunt, RB (Penn State)<o:p></o:p>
78. Green Bay- Kenny Irons, RB (Auburn)<o:p></o:p>
79. Jacksonville- Samson Satele, C (Hawaii)<o:p></o:p>
80. Tennessee- Daymeion Hughes, CB (California)<o:p></o:p>
81. NY Giants- Tim Durant, LB (Hampton)<o:p></o:p>
82. St. Louis- Josh Gatis, S (Wake Forest)<o:p></o:p>
83. Carolina- Michael Okwo, LB (Stanford)<o:p></o:p>
84. Kansas City- Dustin Fry, OL (Clemson)<o:p></o:p>
85. Seattle- Mike Walker, WR (Central Florida)<o:p></o:p>
86. Denver- Jacoby Jones, WR (Lane)<o:p></o:p>
87. Dallas- John Beck, QB (BYU)<o:p></o:p>
88. New Orleans- Marshall Yanda, T (Iowa)<o:p></o:p>
89. NY Jets- Rufus Alexander, LB (Oklahoma)<o:p></o:p>
90. Philadelphia- Baraka Atkins, DE (Miami)<o:p></o:p>
91. New England- Lorenzo Booker, RB (Florida State)<o:p></o:p>
92. Buffalo- Buster Davis, LB (Florida State)<o:p></o:p>
93. San Diego- Ryan Harris, OT (Notre Dame)<o:p></o:p>
94. Chicago- Kevin Kolb, QB (Houston)<o:p></o:p>
95. Indianapolis- David Clowney, WR (Virginia Tech)<o:p></o:p>
96. San Diego- Tim Shaw, LB (Penn State)<o:p></o:p>
97. San Francisco- Antonio Johnson, DT (Miss State)<o:p></o:p>
98. Indianapolis- Earl Everett, LB (Florida)<o:p></o:p>
99. Oakland- Scott Chandler, TE (Iowa)<o:p></o:p>

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2007, 12:10 PM
while i dont agree with everything, looks like a decent amount of work putting that together. thanks!

gr8slayer
04-23-2007, 12:21 PM
God I hope you're wrong.

Neggie Nancy
04-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Turner via trade..

1. Beason
2. Jason Hill, WR
3a. Josh Wilson, CB
3b. Buster Davis, ILB

I could live with that.. There are a couple of players in a couple of spots I'd have rather taken; but I took into account all teams and their needs, and not just who Buffalo needs and rig it so they'd all fall to us.

mikemac2001
04-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Id live with it not best but not bad

Mr. Pink
Question Patrick...why are the Browns drafting Kalil in Rd2? They just inked Fraley to a 4 year contract and Bentleys' status is uncertain right now. If he comes back, then Kalil is a wasted pick or re-upping Fraley was a waste.

BTW I dig the RD1 and 3 picks for the Browns, considering that's who I had them taking too lol

Carlton Bailey
Good mock but I don't see the Bills trading down for Beason. They'll probably stay at 12, like what happened with Whitner.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Good mock but I don't see the Bills trading down for Beason. They'll probably stay at 12, like what happened with Whitner.

id agree with that. if they like him, they'll take him, simple as that.

Mudflap1
04-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't think that's what will happen, but it's a good draft if that is what happens.

I don't see Jason Hill coming to Buffalo (Rosenhaus client).

I don't see Tenn trading up to our spot to grab Lynch, when a couple of the teams behind us (until you get to Green Bay) won't take Lynch probably anyways.

But overall I think it's pretty good.

Jon

Saratoga Slim
04-23-2007, 12:59 PM
If we come out of the first day with Michael Turner, Jon Beason, and Jason Hill, we've got three starters. Buster Davis is an intirguing prospect as well, and he has the potential to start at MLB, allowing Beason to play the weakside and Crowell to remain at strongside. Or at minimum would be a great depth pick if Ellison keeps the WLB job.

Josh Wilson is my only question mark out of all your moves. He is fast as hell, but seems like that's his primary attribute and he lacks a little in the field intelligence and ball skill department (from what I've read, never seen him play). I guess any 3rd rd CB will have question marks though.

All in all, if the draft plays out like that, I'll be very happy. And I don't see any reason why it couldn't.

Neggie Nancy
04-23-2007, 01:04 PM
WIlson is regarded as someone who is much better in zone coverage than in man to man, which benefits him playing in a cover two.

He's a very physical corner (he likes to hit) and he's a good return person as well.

Your right too, ANY CB in the third round is going to come with ? marks and shortcomings... He just seems like a good fit to me and keep in mind, I accounted for every teams wants and needs; not just the Bills. There are a few guys I wish I coulda had fallen to Buffalo but to me that was unrealistic.

FUnTimes.. Kalil is also capable of playing guard though if they wanted a straight up guard they'll probably draft Blalock or Sears early in round two.

Neggie Nancy
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/wilson_josh

Compares To: Domonique Foxworth, Denver -- Like his former teammate, Wilson packs a lot of punch behind his hits for a player his size … He is a smart player who adjusts his game accordingly and has the ability to play cornerback or free safety … He has good speed as a kickoff returner, but needs to field the ball cleanly to stop all those costly fumbles … Despite his speed, he lacks explosion coming out of his breaks and plays the zone much better than he does in man coverage (much better in plays in front of him) … He got away with trash talking at the collegiate level, but needs to open his hips better and develop better hands if he wants to be an elite playmaker at the next level.

bigbub2352
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
if u take out Buster Davis and insert H B Blades or Durant or the kid from Brown University, i would be happier, but otherwise great job and well thought out, that is one of the more realistic Mocks, and the picks u got goin the the draft are very realistic, all and all good job!!, for the record not a huge fan of Jay Hill but the way u got it playin out he is best WR available, i would take a long look at Jacoby Jones form Lane too but at in the 2nd round

Mr. Pink
04-23-2007, 01:09 PM
FUnTimes.. Kalil is also capable of playing guard though if they wanted a straight up guard they'll probably draft Blalock or Sears early in round two.

Botch Davis already tried drafting a guy who could play C and G. It didn't work out so well. I doubt Phil Savage will follow the same path. Oh, if you wanted to know who that was...Melvin Fowler.

I still think Cleveland is gonna go corner in Rd2 anyways...Houston, McCauley, Wright...Best of the 3 available. If you look at their corner situation it's just god awful. Leigh Bodden is nice, but after him it's a bunch of junk...and who knows if Gary Baxter is ever gonna see the field again in a Browns Uni.

But I still respect your opinion on them taking Kalil, even as misguided as it is. lol

Buffalo Sabres
04-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't see Jason Hill coming to Buffalo (Rosenhaus client).
We're not going to avoid players because of thier agent, besides we got a few on our roster as we speak (parrish,everett,etc)

TigerJ
04-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I don't mind the trades and I can live with Beason and Wilson.

Saratoga Slim
04-23-2007, 01:23 PM
WIlson is regarded as someone who is much better in zone coverage than in man to man, which benefits him playing in a cover two.

He's a very physical corner (he likes to hit) and he's a good return person as well.

Your right too, ANY CB in the third round is going to come with ? marks and shortcomings... He just seems like a good fit to me and keep in mind, I accounted for every teams wants and needs; not just the Bills. There are a few guys I wish I coulda had fallen to Buffalo but to me that was unrealistic.

yeah, I'm not that down on Wilson, and if the other CBs come off the board as you predict there isn't another one available that I think would be hands down a better selection than Wilson at that point. He sounds a little like Antoine Winfield.

TedMock
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah, I'm not that down on Wilson, and if the other CBs come off the board as you predict there isn't another one available that I think would be hands down a better selection than Wilson at that point. He sounds a little like Antoine Winfield.

I have seasons to Maryland and I can tell you that Wilson is a player. My biggest knock on him is size. He can get out-muscled by some of the better, big WR's out there. However, he holds his own against the best too. I remember the game against GA Tech when he had Calvin Johnson head-to-head. That was an away game, so I watched it on TV. In the end, Johnson had 10 for 133 and a TD. Big numbers. However, 76 yards and the TD were had in the first quarter. Johnson only had 3 catches the entire second half. Wilson figured him out and shut him down for most of the game. After the big first quarter, Wilson still wasn't intimidated in the least. Not only did he bounce back in his coverage, but he also returned a punt out of his own endzone for a TD. He's a good return guy as well.

Yasgur's Farm
04-23-2007, 01:51 PM
A++ draft...

Great Turner trade.
Love Beason at 19.
Hill works at 50... Maybe Sidney Rice falls to us here.
Rather take LB at 3a and CB at 3b

Jan Reimers
04-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I'd take that scenario in a minute, Pat. We get a big time RB, a starting LB, a potential 2nd WR, and a CB and LB who can challenge for starting jobs, or at least provide needed depth.

Good work. Give Marv a call.

Bmax
04-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I just don't see Beson lasting to 19... Pittsburgh is very interested at 15 and the Panthers need a LB at 14.. If we trade down to 19 the Pick Could be Paul Posluszny a Dick Jauron Favorite....

Bmax

MarvLevy
04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Turner via trade..

1. Beason
2. Jason Hill, WR
3a. Josh Wilson, CB
3b. Buster Davis, ILB

I could live with that.. There are a couple of players in a couple of spots I'd have rather taken; but I took into account all teams and their needs, and not just who Buffalo needs and rig it so they'd all fall to us.

ID JUMP AT BRIAN LEONARD INSTEAD OF JASON HILL.

mikemac2001
06-23-2007, 07:03 PM
WOW THIS WAS WAY OFF

SquishDaFish
06-23-2007, 07:24 PM
:lmao:

hammerbillsfan
06-23-2007, 08:19 PM
:roflmao:

LtFinFan66
06-23-2007, 08:23 PM
bummer there neg nancy