PDA

View Full Version : Drafting a QB......

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Since the Bills look like they will likely take a QB on Day 2 to be the #3 guy, who do you prefer?

I would not mind Jared Zabransky in round 7. Maybe Jordan Palmer in round 6.

Mr. Pink
04-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Palmer may still be available in Rd7...Tyler Palko would be another interesting guy if available in 6 or 7 too.

User Manuel
04-23-2007, 12:40 PM
I like production. Zabransky was a leader and productive. I think that is the type of guy you get unless a guy really falls.

I like Palko too.

Neggie Nancy
04-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Doesnt matter.. I think whomever it is will only hold the clipboard.

I think Nall is locked into the #2 spot now and if for any reason Losman totally tanked or whatever; we'd be looking for a starter after the season.

The Answer
04-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Since the Bills look like they will likely take a QB on Day 2 to be the #3 guy, who do you prefer?

I would not mind Jared Zabransky in round 7. Maybe Jordan Palmer in round 6.

Kelly Holcomb

~The Answer

alohabillsfan
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
I am going to get blasted for this but....
I like Chris Leak, yes he does not posess the arm for the out passes but I don't want him as a starter. I want him to be able to come in and play! He is smart and a good locker room guy!

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
while i agree that he will be a clipboard jockey, i would like to see Zebransky, almost simply bc he played at Boise State and I love watching them play. He has guts too.

billsburgh
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Palmer may still be available in Rd7...Tyler Palko would be another interesting guy if available in 6 or 7 too.
I wouldn't mind Palko at all. I got to see many of his games and he got better each year he started.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Kelly Holcomb

~The Answer

Speaking of players who can't hack it in the NFL lets go with Toby Korrodi.

The Answer
04-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Speaking of players who can't hack it in the NFL lets go with Toby Korrodi.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/all-eaglessunday.5814606apr22,0,3010248.story?track=rss

"Quarterback -- The acquisition of veteran Kelly Holcomb in what otherwise is referred to as the ''Spikes trade'' makes it less likely the Eagles will use one of their first-day picks on a quarterback, particularly since it will be difficult to carry four quarterbacks on the 53-man roster. A year from now, however, this could be more an area of priority, especially if Donovan McNabb misses significant time again."

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
04-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Where's Ty Detmer these days?

(sidenote) i sadly have a Browns Detmer jersey.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/all-eaglessunday.5814606apr22,0,3010248.story?track=rss

"Quarterback -- The acquisition of veteran Kelly Holcomb in what otherwise is referred to as the ''Spikes trade'' makes it less likely the Eagles will use one of their first-day picks on a quarterback, particularly since it will be difficult to carry four quarterbacks on the 53-man roster. A year from now, however, this could be more an area of priority, especially if Donovan McNabb misses significant time again."

~The Answer

its sad, but i feel like holcomb is actually gonna do well should he see the field in philly, what with brian westbrook running around and catching lots of Holcomb's mini-throws.

bigbub2352
04-23-2007, 01:01 PM
personally i think that the bills will not take a Qb in the draft, they have Eakon in NFLE, and they will sign a UDFA, why waste a pick on a QB, when u can just sign the guy who has just as much potential as any QB in this class that is rated to go in the 6th or 7th, i wouldnt mind Leak bein brought in here as a UDFA, see if he cant play anything else besides QB

The Answer
04-23-2007, 01:10 PM
its sad, but i feel like holcomb is actually gonna do well should he see the field in philly, what with brian westbrook running around and catching lots of Holcomb's mini-throws.

Bills fans and Holcomb haters can bash all they want - but The Holcomb is the prototypcial west coast QB and that's why Andy Reid made a move for him.

Whether it's downfield, or dink and dunk - The Holcomb will make huge plays with the talent he has to work with in Philly.

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Bills fans and Holcomb haters can bash all they want - but The Holcomb is the prototypcial west coast QB and that's why Andy Reid made a move for him.

Whether it's downfield, or dink and dunk - The Holcomb will make huge plays with the talent he has to work with in Philly.

~The Answer

I can't believe I'm biting on another Holcoblow topic but...

How can he be a prototypical WC QB when he's never played in a WC Offense?

The Answer
04-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I can't believe I'm biting on another Holcoblow topic but...

How can he be a prototypical WC QB when he's never played in a WC Offense?

Quick Release, excels in pass oriented attack, outstanding accurancy with short to mid range throws, solid downfield passer as well.

Holcomb is tanned, rested and ready my man.

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
04-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Quick Release, excels in pass oriented attack, outstanding accurancy with short to mid range throws, solid downfield passer as well.

Holcomb is tanned, rested and ready my man.

~The Answer

He's gonna lose that tan quickly in Philly winter!

And of course he's rested, he's a career backup journeyman!

I am now done with this holcoblow jackoff-sorry if that's a violation of TOS, proceed.

Jan Reimers
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
There is a guy from East Carolina, James Pinkney, with decent size, good mobility and a strong arm. He's pretty raw, but worth a look in the 7th round. He may have more upside than guys like Palko and Zebransky.

BILLSROCK1212
04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
i like James Pinkney too infact i like a lot of the day 2 QBs but if we could grab Isiah Stainback that would be great....he is like Seneca Wallace V. 2.0

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-23-2007, 05:33 PM

~The Answer

uh... Reid didn't "make a move for him". Holcomb was a throw in. we wanted to get rid of him and Reid figured he'd grab whatever he could. He'd have taken the midget trainer guy just as well. If Holcomb is not even on the roster in september, I'd not be suprised.

The Answer
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
uh... Reid didn't "make a move for him". Holcomb was a throw in. we wanted to get rid of him and Reid figured he'd grab whatever he could. He'd have taken the midget trainer guy just as well. If Holcomb is not even on the roster in september, I'd not be suprised.

Wrong

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football...tory?track=rss (http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/all-eaglessunday.5814606apr22,0,3010248.story?track=rss)

~The Answer

DraftBoy
04-23-2007, 08:27 PM
QB Princeton Sheppard-Hampton
QB Tyler Thigpen-Coastal Carolina
QB Jordan Palmer-UTEP
QB Matt Gutierrez-Idaho State
QB James Pickner-East Carolina

Would be guys Id like to bring in as 6th-UDFA pickups

GarnOFreak
04-24-2007, 12:44 AM
I am going to get blasted for this but....
I like Chris Leak, yes he does not posess the arm for the out passes but I don't want him as a starter. I want him to be able to come in and play! He is smart and a good locker room guy!

I also liked him during his college career. Posted that yesterday in Draftboy's Situation V thread.

GarnOFreak
04-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Where's Ty Detmer these days?

(sidenote) i sadly have a Browns Detmer jersey.

for that matter where is Koy?

Footnote: I was watching old tapes from 1996....saw a detmer jersey, i was like...um when did those guys retire anyway?

BSU Drew
04-24-2007, 01:01 AM
I go to Boise State and I went to every home game last season and Zebransky would be a great 2nd day pick up. When he wants to play the guy is amazing. He can run and has a decent arm. I would be stoked if they picked him up.

Mr. Pink
04-24-2007, 01:42 AM
for that matter where is Koy?

Footnote: I was watching old tapes from 1996....saw a detmer jersey, i was like...um when did those guys retire anyway?

Detmer was the Browns opening day starter in 1999. Of course, he didn't last more than one game in that role and Couch took over.