PDA

View Full Version : Nervous Pats fan here

XNOUGHT
03-12-2003, 05:50 AM
:boom:

I was talking to a couple of Jets and Phins fans and we agree that you have one of the best GM's in the business.

You team is getting rediculously stacked and a singing of Sam Adams and a drafting of a pass rushing DE and TE would make this team have no weaknesses up and down the roster.

Belichick better have a whole bag of tricks to win now. Our biggest weapon against you guys was exploiting your defense and it looks like that sure wotn happen anymore.

Now, If you can find someway to trash (punt on 4-1 at the 40 yard line)Gregg Williams and bring Joe Gibbs aboard........

don137
03-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Welcome to the board Xnought.

One thing everyone in the AFC East will agree upon is that it is going to be one tough division. Every fan thinks their team will win the division. The only team that would shock me if they won is Miami because they have a weak OL and their defense is starting to get older. Their secondary is good but it showed last year they were not as good as they use to be. There really aren't any cake walks in this division.

Dozerdog
03-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Welcome XNOUGHT>

That would be pretty cool for us, eh?

If we are going to keep dreaming, let's add Kevin Dyson as our #3 receiver, sign Hollis back, and we draft the top safety on the board

ublinkwescore
03-12-2003, 07:12 AM
There are some Dolphins fans who aren't worried about us... I've read some crap about how they will easily exploit our secondary... the same secondary that got 7 pics against them in 2 games, and was a major contributor to us outscoring them 61-31 in our two games against each other.

Dolphins fans are tragic examples of why cousins shouldn't have intimate relationships.

And no - Dolphins fans - Primer is not a car color.

Halbert
03-12-2003, 08:08 AM
One thing is for certain: we're going to have plenty of high stakes and highly entertaining games in the division this season.

Bulldog
03-12-2003, 08:16 AM
On the flip side XNOUGHT, very few people on this board were very happy to see the Pats sign Colvin and Harrison. Two more weapons for Belicheck to ravish opposing offenses with. AFC East will be the most competitive division in all of football. However, it will be interesting to see how the Jets respond to the offer to Coles. If they lose him, things may get interesting in NY.

Cntrygal
03-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Welcome XNOUGHT!!!!!!!! :) Besides signing Colvin and Harrison, how are you guys doing? What are you looking for in the draft?

lordofgun
03-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
Now, If you can find someway to trash (punt on 4-1 at the 40 yard line)Gregg Williams and bring Joe Gibbs aboard........

Wasn't that punt at the 32? :shakeno:

WG
03-12-2003, 10:18 AM
LOL ublink, LOG!!!

Welcome to BillsZone X!!!

" Nervous Pats fan here"

Indeed! I would be too. :D

In fact, the Bills and Pats should own the East now since the Jets are taking hits and Miami, well, Miami is just Miami! LOL

Seriously though, we may have a great GM, and I agree, we do, but you guys still have a great coach. It still all comes down to execution on the field. Either way, should make for better Bills/Pats matchups, eh!

That'd be a great MNF game! Twice, hehehe...

Earthquake Enyart
03-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Jets still have a lot of $$ left. They are not done.

WG
03-12-2003, 11:15 AM
I suppose, but they haven't done much to date...

Coles and Morton will be huge losses for them.

The Natrix
03-12-2003, 11:50 AM
The Fins will be 8-8 at best in a division where the Jets, Bills and Pats will all be powerhouses.

I think the Pats will be hungry again to prove they were not a one year wonder. I like the D additions they have made and I think they should draft a RB with their first pick to compete with AS. I am far from confident in this predicition, but I say they finish third.

The Jets are going to be just as good as last year. Pennington will only be better and I have a feeling that Cowart will return to Probowl form. Yes, Morton was exciting but return men are really not that important. Coles is a solid receiver with great hands but is somewhat overrated and grossly overpaid. I look at that situation much like the Price situation here. Chrebet is no Moulds, but he is a damn good receiver and Moss will step up. Jets fans will quickly forget Coles when they see that Pennington, Chrebet, Moss, and Martin can lead a very effeicient offensive unit.
They should spend most of their cash on D, and this team will be SB caliber right along with the....

BILLS!

If either the Pats, Jets or Bills were in an easy division, any one of them could potentially be a 13-3 team. However, with all of them competing in the same division, no way could anyone go better than 12-4. If one of these teams does, they would probably be favorites to win the SB. Just like last season in the AFC east it will be just as important to win the division (unless they add four more wild cards, which I think they should.)

Andrea1234
03-12-2003, 11:54 AM
welcome to the borad :)

don137
03-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Jets still have a lot of $$ left. They are not done.

Now I am not sure how accurate the amount is but I read the Jets are 5.1 million under the cap. If they resign Morton that will knock it down some. If they let Coles go, which it sounds like they will, it leaves them with a big hole at WR. They will have two first round picks but they need to allocate some of that cap money for the picks. This doesn't leave the Jets with a lot of money left.

XNOUGHT
03-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome aboard.

I am a friendly Pat fan here who is still high and drunk from last from winning the SB.

I want to say that Snyder should watch you guys if he wants to learn how to run the Free Agency. Build through the draft, gain cap space, then run at the SB like you guys are right now.

TD probebly already knows this, but Bledsoe is a machine with a good TE aboard.

I remember the days with Ben Coates(sadly some of you do too) and how Beldsoe loved to gun it down the feidl, but knew a good TE wasn't something to pass up.

You guys should trade up in the 2nd round and grab Witten.

!!!!!!!!!

Wait a sec, why am I trying to make you guys better.

What I ment to say was you dont need a TE at all and dont use any of the extra cap room :drinker: :sweat: