PDA

View Full Version : faneca saw what the bills gave dockery

jamesiscool
04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=header vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg4 align=left>Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT)</TD><TD class=bg4 align=left>Updated:04/23/2007</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=team vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left colSpan=3>According to the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Mike Tomlin will try to reach out to Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca before the Steelers hold their next minicamp. Faneca is apparently unhappy with his contract situation. He is in the final year of a deal that will pay him about $3.4 million this season. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

i feel like the bills have become the home wreckers of NFL O-line's around the league.

Mitchy moo
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
i feel like the bills have become the home wreckers of NFL O-line's around the league.

Good, I hope that everyone's O-line snaps and they have to pay a fortune to keep their players.

Michael82
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
This is the first of many, many, many holdouts. The great players, all-stars, and Pro Bowlers are going to realize that there are now average players making wayyy more than them thanks for the extremely high salary cap. I mean one example would be....Dockery and Steinbach making more than Steve Hutchinson. Or how about the other OTs? Do you really think they are thrilled that Leonard "freaking bust" Davis is making 2 times as much as they are? I don't think so! Oh and don't forget about Aaron Schobel. He's making half of what Chris Kelsay is getting. :ill:

Michael82
04-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Don't forget about the contract that the Texans gave to that unproven backup QB....don't you think that will make JP's eyes light up once he tears it up this season?

Michael82
04-23-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm sure the Nate Clements contract is going to get a bunch of defensive backs calling for new contracts too. :doh:

jamesiscool
04-23-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm sure the Nate Clements contract is going to get a bunch of defensive backs calling for new contracts too. :doh:

like i said NFL homewreckers. we pay our mediocre players more than yu pay your pro bowlers. screw the cap.

u dont need it when u got cash to cap.

well. im over it.

HHURRICANE
04-23-2007, 02:46 PM
My thread would have been "Dockery signing causes Cancer and terrorism" because they are about as related.

Where did the blog quote the dockery signing as part of the issue?

jamesiscool
04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
My thread would have been "Dockery signing causes Cancer and terrorism" because they are about as related.

Where did the blog quote the dockery signing as part of the issue?

it didint but if u can put 2 and 2 together you will see that pro bowl guards (such as faneca) aren't getting paid waht mediocre linemen are these days (leonard davis, dockery, walker etc.)

its basically common sense.

Goobylal
04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Blame the Cowboys for SORELY overpaying Leonard Davis, not the Bills for paying Dockery. And in the new era of the cap, everyone is getting overpaid. Thank the NFL owners who agreed to the new CBA for that.

Now THAT my friend, is common sense.

jamesiscool
04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Blame the Cowboys for SORELY overpaying Leonard Davis, not the Bills for paying Dockery. And in the new era of the cap, everyone is getting overpaid. Thank the NFL owners who agreed to the new CBA for that.

im not saying dockery was a horrible deal, marv did what he had to get done. yes the rising cap and the new CBA have alot to do with it but it also has alot to do with what teams are willing and have paid for O-linemen the past two seasons.

when i have kids im guna make em fat and have good hands and footwork.

so my kids will be rich and buy me a vette. u know how it is.

Michael82
04-23-2007, 03:41 PM

:bf1:

theanswer74
04-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Chris Kelsay got 5 million a year or so and Langston Walker and Mike Gandy got 5 mil a year.

A lot of players are getting overpaud.

!Papacrunk!
04-23-2007, 07:10 PM

IMO a mediocre to slightly above average free agency group is a pretty big contributor to blame. It's like a kid getting his first paycheck and spending most or all of it, just because he can. I would imagine he would get a bad stomache over the big bag of candy that was eaten.

Goobylal
04-23-2007, 09:21 PM
IMO a mediocre to slightly above average free agency group is a pretty big contributor to blame. It's like a kid getting his first paycheck and spending most or all of it, just because he can. I would imagine he would get a bad stomache over the big bag of candy that was eaten.
Again, blame the 30 owners who voted to give the players 59.5% of total revenues, which represented an over 4% increase over previous. And guess what the players will be looking for in the NEXT round of talks?

Michael82
04-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Again, blame the 30 owners who voted to give the players 59.5% of total revenues, which represented an over 4% increase over previous. And guess what the players will be looking for in the NEXT round of talks?
Doesn't Ralph look smarter than people thought now? He was right. That CBA agreement was horrible for the league.

dolphan117
04-24-2007, 04:16 AM

Actually blame the players for demanding it. The owners certainly didn't want to pay them that much but when it came down to the wire and they had to choose between finding a compromise or pretty much kissing the salary cap good-by they made the smart choice of finding a middle ground. The huge cap might seem bad..... But its not nearly as bad as no cap at all, and if the players ever got that one year without a cap and saw the kind of money that teams like the Skins and Cowboys were going to throw around on a yearly basis there would have been no going back. Ever.

ublinkwescore
04-24-2007, 10:13 AM
the day football turns into MLB (Yankees)... is the day I quit watching it.

Goobylal
04-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Actually blame the players for demanding it. The owners certainly didn't want to pay them that much but when it came down to the wire and they had to choose between finding a compromise or pretty much kissing the salary cap good-by they made the smart choice of finding a middle ground. The huge cap might seem bad..... But its not nearly as bad as no cap at all, and if the players ever got that one year without a cap and saw the kind of money that teams like the Skins and Cowboys were going to throw around on a yearly basis there would have been no going back. Ever.
Sure the players wanted it. That's what labor does. But it doesn't mean they should get it.

And the owners lollygagged too much and placed a self-imposed "wire" to get the deal done, so that they wouldn't have to cut players left and right before the start of FA. Basically they panicked.

As for the uncapped year, it wasn't as great for the players as it sounded. The players would have needed 6 years in the NFL to become UFA's, which would have removed all but a handful of players, and they would have lost their benefits.