PDA

View Full Version : Sirius reports Bills still interested in Turner

BILLSROCK1212
04-23-2007, 03:06 PM
They were talking today about not buying Marv's comments about a deal getting in place for Turner to be a "miracle." They said Marv is saying that to help the negotiations.. They also said what to look for is a trade for a 3rd round pick and a pick in in '08 based on Turners performance that could range from a 4th round pick to a first round pick... And they said the only way this would work is if they sent him to buffalo cause in Tennessee and GB its looking to be RB's by comittee so he wouldnt see enough carries in the those destinations.... They also said AJ would be nuts not to take that trade, they said if your only going to use a back for 70-90 carries a year, it should be a steal to get a 3rd round pick, and in this sence they could end up getting a first round pick in '08....http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1645653.aspx

take away that conditional pick ranging from a 4th to a 1st rounder and make it a 5th to a 2nd rounder and I am happy....i am still hoping this happens

P.S. please guys don't get angry at me for posting this

jamesiscool
04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
if it happens for cheap, im down. ife we spend too much, im going to be heated.

simple as that.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Why would we be mad at you for this? It's a good post. :up:

Mr. Pink
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
The way I look at this is if it's a conditional 08 pick and it ends up being a 1, Turner must have played his ASS off. Which in turn means we had a pretty good year as a team. Which places that 1 somewhere around the 20 range of picks.

If you don't feel this is worth it, I don't know what to say.

The Answer
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
They were talking today about not buying Marv's comments about a deal getting in place for Turner to be a "miracle." They said Marv is saying that to help the negotiations.. They also said what to look for is a trade for a 3rd round pick and a pick in in '08 based on Turners performance that could range from a 4th round pick to a first round pick... And they said the only way this would work is if they sent him to buffalo cause in Tennessee and GB its looking to be RB's by comittee so he wouldnt see enough carries in the those destinations.... They also said AJ would be nuts not to take that trade, they said if your only going to use a back for 70-90 carries a year, it should be a steal to get a 3rd round pick, and in this sence they could end up getting a first round pick in '08....http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1645653.aspx

take away that conditional pick ranging from a 4th to a 1st rounder and make it a 5th to a 2nd rounder and I am happy....i am still hoping this happens

The Answer seriously can't wait for this weekend so all this Turner talk can come to an end - he's not coming to Buffalo plain and simple.

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
The way I look at this is if it's a conditional 08 pick and it ends up being a 1, Turner must have played his ASS off. Which in turn means we had a pretty good year as a team. Which places that 1 somewhere around the 20 range of picks.

If you don't feel this is worth it, I don't know what to say.after rethinking it you are 100% right

BILLSROCK1212
04-23-2007, 03:13 PM
The Answer seriously can't wait for this weekend so all this Turner talk can come to an end - he's not coming to Buffalo plain and simple.

~The Answerits still a possibility....i bet Titans fans are saying the same thing but it could still happen

HHURRICANE
04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Good post. Why would anyone get angry?

I think what people aren't realizing is that AJ was very serious about keeping Turner for a Super Bowl run. When you are this close to getting there you don't care if you are not going to get a 3rd round pick next year.

Heck, Marv wanted stability for his new coach and promised not to franchise Nate which cost him at least a 2nd rounder in this year's draft. If AJ thinks he's this close to winning the big one a 3rd rounder isn't going to do much for him.

HAMMER
04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I like it, I have spoken to three people very close to Turner and all of them have raved about his ability, health, and character. To me it makes lots of sense, he has played in the NFL and knows what to expect at every turn. IMO, no rookie RB other than MAYBE AP could have the immediate impact he would.

The Answer
04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
its still a possibility....i bet Titans fans are saying the same thing but it could still happen

Chargers and AJ Smith are asking for way too much for a mediorce player - and The Answer is pretty sure they are hoping we don't land Peterson either.

The Answer would give them a 3rd round pick (from the ravens) and nothing more. All this talk of conditional picks is ludicrous.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I could deal with a 3rd and a condtional. If he plays well and re-signs it would be worth it.

It would be nice to keep all 4 day 1 picks and get Turner. Willis in round 1 and Houston in round 2 would be very nice.

X-Era
04-23-2007, 03:21 PM

If they spend that much they are flat out nuts! Thats overpaying IMO. I would give nothing more than a 2nd, and I probably wouldnt do that.

But I aint the GM, who knows what will happen.

Lynch, Peterson, or Bush. Save your picks for more players.

BILLSROCK1212
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Good post. Why would anyone get angry?

I think what people aren't realizing is that AJ was very serious about keeping Turner for a Super Bowl run. When you are this close to getting there you don't care if you are not going to get a 3rd round pick next year.

Heck, Marv wanted stability for his new coach and promised not to franchise Nate which cost him at least a 2nd rounder in this year's draft. If AJ thinks he's this close to winning the big one a 3rd rounder isn't going to do much for him.idk everyone seems to be getting angry at my posts lately....good post by the way....i would love to have him i'd just prefer not to give up more than a 2nd and 3rd rounder one pikc this year and one next year

jamesiscool
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
idek everyone seems to be getting angry at my posts lately....good post by the way....i would love to have him i'd just prefer not to give up more than a 2nd and 3rd rounder one pikc this year and one next year

I hate u and yur idiotic posts......

jp :respect:

Michael82
04-23-2007, 03:45 PM
:shocked: You mean to tell me that the deal that Marv said would be a miracle is still alive?!? I can't believe it! :rofl:

I said this last week and still stand by it. Michael Turner will be a Buffalo Bill if Adrian Peterson is not at #12.

Gunzlingr
04-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I am beginning to think that the best option is to take Willis at 12, and trade the second for Turner. Granted I don't watch college football, but from reading articles here and there, I think this would help us the most.

Neggie Nancy
04-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Turner could be a valuable player. and if it was a performance-based trade I'd make it in a second.

If Turner ran like the horse I think he is, that means we'd be winning and he would certainly be worth a second next year, maybe even a first.

Michael82
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I am beginning to think that the best option is to take Willis at 12, and trade the second for Turner. Granted I don't watch college football, but from reading articles here and there, I think this would help us the most.
I'm glad you see the light! :hi5:

madness
04-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm glad you see the light! :hi5:

That **** is bright! How couldn't you? :cool:

Ed
04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I got no problem with a 3rd and a conditional pick next year.

In order for it to become a first round pick next year, I'm sure it would be something like Turner needing to break 1600 yds and 15+ TD's. I don't think anyone would be complaining if that happened.

camelcowboy
04-23-2007, 04:30 PM

~The Answer How long do i have to wait for your endless bable you call posting to end? Stop posting like you have inside knowledge of what will happen draft day because eveyone on the board knows you don't.

The Answer
04-23-2007, 06:20 PM
How long do i have to wait for your endless bable you call posting to end? Stop posting like you have inside knowledge of what will happen draft day because eveyone on the board knows you don't.

First of all you are in no position to challenge The Answer's expertise and insider information. You can believe what you like but it really don't matter to The Answer.

Second - when did The Answer claim he had inside info about Michael Turner? Regardless - He's not coming here at the price AJ Smith and San Diego are shopping him for, especially since we can grab a back in round 2 or 3 if we don't land AP. Also this front office is more inclined to sign a guy like Chris Brown and wait until next year than mortgage the future on a guy like Turner.

So all this talk about multiple picks and conditional draft choices can be put to rest - at least Marv isn't biting on this one.

~The Answer

Tatonka
04-23-2007, 08:45 PM

If you don't feel this is worth it, I don't know what to say.

i couldnt agree more.

Tatonka
04-23-2007, 08:46 PM
How long do i have to wait for your endless bable you call posting to end? Stop posting like you have inside knowledge of what will happen draft day because eveyone on the board knows you don't.

leave ice alone.

Buffalo Sabres
04-24-2007, 08:33 AM
guarentee we wait to see if peterson falls, it's not likely but marv aint an idiot, if ap is taken marv and co. will look for turner to come in (and be a ****ing beast!)

alohabillsfan
04-24-2007, 09:26 AM
12=Lynch

I believe he is the prototype back for the Fairchild 1-back offense.

My Final Mock is...

12- RB Lynch
43- CB McCauley
74- TE Patrick
92- LB Black
111- LB Deossie
184- FS/SS Payne
222-LB Nicholas
240-WR Trannon

ublinkwescore
04-24-2007, 10:01 AM

look at your only groan... I find those funny - I love it when I get thanked like 8 times for a post, and then Tdummy and Sab are the only two who groan me.

ublinkwescore
04-24-2007, 10:04 AM
leave ice alone.
:lmao:

pretty sad that someone has to get banned from a message board, and then come back with a new identity - that's pretty hardcore there Ice.

mikemac2001
04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
12=Lynch

I believe he is the prototype back for the Fairchild 1-back offense.

i agree i think in the end if no AP or willis we draft lynch

TigerJ
04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
That would be a good deal depending on the threshhold to escalate the pick to a first rounder next season. If Turner signs a long term deal and gains 1500+ yards, it would be worth it.

ddaryl
04-24-2007, 11:57 AM
As long as the conditional for a 1st rd pick in 2008 = 1500yds AND a probowl AND 14 games played in then I can live with those kinds of conditionals.

Bottom line is there better be some serious goals achieved if we are giving up a 1st rounder in 2008.

Heck I would like to see at least 1200 yds AND 14 games played for a 2nd rd conditional pick.

Tatonka
04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
at this point, i am willing to give up this years first to get this guy.

out of all the running backs, i just feel he is the best option for us.. ap will require losing MORE draft picks and he has proven less and is more of an injury risk.

and we would have to spend a first on lynch too.. i think i would rather have turner honestly.

that being the case.. as long as ap is not there.. trade the first for turner and i will be happy. anything less for turner and i would be that much happier.

BILLSROCK1212
04-24-2007, 09:35 PM
First of all you are in no position to challenge The Answer's expertise and insider information. You can believe what you like but it really don't matter to The Answer.

Second - when did The Answer claim he had inside info about Michael Turner? Regardless - He's not coming here at the price AJ Smith and San Diego are shopping him for, especially since we can grab a back in round 2 or 3 if we don't land AP. Also this front office is more inclined to sign a guy like Chris Brown and wait until next year than mortgage the future on a guy like Turner.

So all this talk about multiple picks and conditional draft choices can be put to rest - at least Marv isn't biting on this one.

~The Answer:rofl:

Michael82
04-25-2007, 12:47 AM
at this point, i am willing to give up this years first to get this guy.

out of all the running backs, i just feel he is the best option for us.. ap will require losing MORE draft picks and he has proven less and is more of an injury risk.

and we would have to spend a first on lynch too.. i think i would rather have turner honestly.

that being the case.. as long as ap is not there.. trade the first for turner and i will be happy. anything less for turner and i would be that much happier.
good post, but i have feeling that it will take less than our 1st rounder. That's why no deal will get done til draft day. :up: