PDA

View Full Version : So, Im just reading more into Marvs words but....

X-Era
04-24-2007, 06:38 AM
If we let Shelton go, and are now going with TE's as our FB's:

a) Does that imply a 1 back set? Im in favor of that because it means a spread offense. It keeps the D guessing as to whether we throw or run, and it opens up bigger running lanes with more bodies down field.

The Warner lead Rams, and Denver have done this and had great success.

b) Are we drafting a TE early? Lets face it, our TE's flat out stunk with the exception of a late emergence of Royal. If were not going with a FB now, that seems to say we need a TE and in a hurry. A blocking TE would seem to fit best, not a pass catcher like Greg Olsen.

Thoughts?

RedEyE
04-24-2007, 06:57 AM
That wouldn't suprise me. That is Fairchild's offense to a T......

BUT....

They had better, quickly, find a back as versatile and as talented as Marshall Faulk to pull it off. Otherwise the Bills are going to be extremely one dimensional.

This scenerio has me now believing the Bills are leaning more in the direction of drafting Marshawn Lynch. He has similar running style and receiving ability of a Marshall Faulk.

Don't Panic
04-24-2007, 07:06 AM
It would be nice to have one more qulaity receiver if we go 1 back set. I don't think we have the personnel to do it, though.

streetkings01
04-24-2007, 07:50 AM
I think we draft a TE on day 1. Ben Patrick was on Sirius radio and said he met with the Bills and we also had Scott Chandler in for a pre-draft visit. Both those guys are 1st day picks.